follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List
homeyp1221

Old 06-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #351
MidLife&luvIt
Resistance is futile

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMok View Post
Yeah it got moved to photos n wallpapers when we made the front page.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34970

Looks like such a great time. This happened just a few days after I got my FRS and not yet a forum member. Hope to make the next one. Thanks again PMok....
MidLife&luvIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #352
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAngel View Post
I guess we should figure our what classifies as central cal, and then just do a small mini meet so everyone can get to know each other a bit better. I think once we do that we can really start to figure out how we'll go about planning a bigger meetup.
If I may make a suggestion: We've had similar trouble here in the bay area. Even though we are all in a relatively small area, it can still take a while to get from one area to another (still 1 hr. from vallejo to san jose or 45 mins from San Francisco to Fremont, etc.) so folks are hesitant to make the drive to meet up. What we found what works is rotating locations. Maybe one time someone at Stockton can host and folks from Sac to Modesto can have an easier drive, then move it to Fresno or even further south for the next one. Even though it maybe far, some folks will still make the trek (we have folks as far as Santa Cruz joining in once in a while)

I've been keeping an eye on this thread since I'm sometimes in Stockton and would love to meet up with all the valley folks. Heck, I may even just drive all the way down there for a meet
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
GUYVER116 (06-05-2013)
Old 06-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #353
MidLife&luvIt
Resistance is futile

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
If I may make a suggestion: We've had similar trouble here in the bay area. Even though we are all in a relatively small area, it can still take a while to get from one area to another (still 1 hr. from vallejo to san jose or 45 mins from San Francisco to Fremont, etc.) so folks are hesitant to make the drive to meet up. What we found what works is rotating locations. Maybe one time someone at Stockton can host and folks from Sac to Modesto can have an easier drive, then move it to Fresno or even further south for the next one. Even though it maybe far, some folks will still make the trek (we have folks as far as Santa Cruz joining in once in a while)

I've been keeping an eye on this thread since I'm sometimes in Stockton and would love to meet up with all the valley folks. Heck, I may even just drive all the way down there for a meet

This is a great idea and I think would work great. Still waiting to find out what the "cencal" area is....lol
MidLife&luvIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #354
nor cal frs

Drives: whiteout scion frs
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post

Seems to make sence!! Good idea ive had my frs for about a month and im ready to do some drives/meets and get to know some of my fellow 86 owners lol
nor cal frs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nor cal frs For This Useful Post:
MidLife&luvIt (06-04-2013)
Old 06-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #355
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
hey guys here is something to help you get started. if you're afraid you won't get enough FRS/BRZ participation it always helps to go join up with other car clubs and at least you will have other enthusiasts to hang out with/meet. Just heard about this meet and though I probably can't make it to this one, I thought of you guys. Maybe a few of you who are free can check it out and make it into a mini-meet of your own.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #356
>(559)< FR-s

Drives: 2013 FR-sŪ (Red)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Any one in Fresno know of any tuner shops who can install and tune turbos?
>(559)< FR-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #357
SilentAngel

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
hey guys here is something to help you get started. if you're afraid you won't get enough FRS/BRZ participation it always helps to go join up with other car clubs and at least you will have other enthusiasts to hang out with/meet. Just heard about this meet and though I probably can't make it to this one, I thought of you guys. Maybe a few of you who are free can check it out and make it into a mini-meet of your own.

Saw this earlier this morning, was trying to find a bit more info, do you know if it's just show up? Or is there a place to sign up?
Old 06-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #358
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
I don't have any other details. Maybe call the shop where the meet will be at:

http://creativeautolab.com/contact.html
Old 06-05-2013, 01:35 AM   #359
GUYVER116
GT86

Drives: Whiteout FR-S:(5/14/12)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by >(559)< FR-s View Post
Any one in Fresno know of any tuner shops who can install and tune turbos?
I haven't found anyone in fresno I had to trek all the way down to LA to get my supercharger installed(Jordan Innovations I also considered Evasive Motorsports).
Old 06-05-2013, 01:37 AM   #360
GUYVER116
GT86

Garage
Quote:

If my FRS is out of the shop I will definitely try and make it out there. Check engine light has put me on the sidelines for a week or so. Fuel Pump issues..
Old 06-05-2013, 01:52 AM   #361
GUYVER116
GT86

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAngel View Post
Well i was thinking about posting a poll for us to see how far all of us are willing to drive so that we can figure out a good area to setup.... but idk how to make a poll lol. Was thinking the minimum distance would have to be about 45 miles which would be Fresno/Modesto to Merced, and maximum would be no limit, anyone know how to make one of these or want to do it?? Chose Merced as an example because it's basically the place in the middle. next would have to be about 100 miles which would be Modesto to Fresno. Just thought this may be a good idea to figure out where we'd have the most success for setting up a meet. :happy0180:
There are plenty of great roads here in the foothills just outside of Fresno near Shaver Lake, Huntington Lake, all in the Great Sierra National Forest and better yet beautiful Yosemite straight up the 41. A fun drive is straight up the 168 to tollhouse road then back down the 168 on Auberry road. Its all in our backyard lets utilize it folks

I'm going to work on being more proactive on getting these meets rolling, I've just been sidetracked lately with my own car troubles. Get your installs done locally it'll be much less stressful if something goes wrong.
DAMotorsports (06-05-2013)
Old 06-05-2013, 03:20 AM   #362
>(559)< FR-s

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUYVER116 View Post
I haven't found anyone in fresno I had to trek all the way down to LA to get my supercharger installed(Jordan Innovations I also considered Evasive Motorsports).

Coo bro, thanks for the tip!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 03:28 AM   #363
>(559)< FR-s

Garage
drive?

I know its short notice but im going on a drive tomorrow with a few other FRS owners through the Sequoia National Forest. PM me if free and would like to join. it will be like a 3 and a half hour drive.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:40 AM   #364
>(559)< FR-s

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignrichlll View Post
Apology accepted! :happy0180:
Sidenote:You were here,and you went to Visalia? I cant even imagine how good of a job offer you must have gotten! And I got no beef with dirt roads, my other ride is a lifted F250 dynoed at 670whp.. Im lovin me some desert! But ya Im still gonna need some paved twisties. Lookin forward to meeting/driving with ya!
I don't know if that if your trying to be sarcastic, or serious! But what makes you think it was a job offer?