follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 08-16-2021, 07:05 PM   #1
Ec1990

Drives: '14 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dealer In SE Virginia?

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a dealer in southeast Virginia for a 2022 Subaru BRZ?
Ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 11:15 AM   #2
dicegc

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Not in the SE but in Charlottesville, so far Umansky Subaru was good to me; we'll see when we get into the financing. Ordered one this past weekend. Paid maybe $500 over MSRP for the limited. They wanted more due to "adding value" like the appearance spray (most likely something that will only last for 6 months) to justify it, but they removed it from the invoice. Granted I am trading in my 2017 BRZ w/ perf package so they are double dipping on profits anyways.

Great thing was that the exact car I wanted was already on it's way to the dealer (I'm guessing as a showroom car as it had some more upgrades so technically I am getting it below MSRP with the add-ons), so I should be getting it either at the end of November or early December.
dicegc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 11:30 AM   #3
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
There are no extras that are added at the factory level. All cars are shipped as a basic unit. There are a few things that may be added at port (larger aero and such) and the rest is put on at the dealer level. If a dealer is trying to tell people that the car is already ordered with these extras and they can not be cancelled they are lying to you. Just because a dealer decided to tack on a bunch of extra things doesn't mean the car came that way.
Don't fall for the "that is what it comes with" take it or leave it sales pitch. Extras can be a great negotiating tool though so if there is something you actually want then try to get them thrown in or at least heavily discounted.
Old 11-13-2021, 11:31 PM   #4
dicegc

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
There are no extras that are added at the factory level. All cars are shipped as a basic unit. There are a few things that may be added at port (larger aero and such) and the rest is put on at the dealer level. If a dealer is trying to tell people that the car is already ordered with these extras and they can not be cancelled they are lying to you. Just because a dealer decided to tack on a bunch of extra things doesn't mean the car came that way.
Don't fall for the "that is what it comes with" take it or leave it sales pitch. Extras can be a great negotiating tool though so if there is something you actually want then try to get them thrown in or at least heavily discounted.
Funny you said that. After I posted I read how Subaru does their shipping. Yup, it's just the base (minus if premium vs limited) and they just add everything at the port (or dealer).
dicegc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dicegc For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-13-2021)
Old 11-13-2021, 11:39 PM   #5
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicegc View Post
Funny you said that. After I posted I read how Subaru does their shipping. Yup, it's just the base (minus if premium vs limited) and they just add everything at the port (or dealer).
Way back when the RS1 came out this picture was posted. It shows them headed to port to be shipped. They have stock exhausts, aero, valance and suspension. All those things were changed out at port. As odd as it sounds it is cheaper to build them all the same and change the parts later.