follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2021, 06:55 PM   #29
scottryan
1st Generation Owner
 
scottryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Drives: 2013 BRZ 310WHP
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 121
Thanks: 77
Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Such a lazy copy they couldn't even remove the GReddy logo from the casting.

That's because they use GReddy intercooler piping, would you rather them do extra work to lie to their consumers by removing the logo?

You're digging extra hard for literally no reason, maybe stick to selling modified versions of existing parts, talking about copying and being lazy lol. The irony. Get off my positive review if you have nothing of relevance to contribute.
scottryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:56 PM   #30
scottryan
1st Generation Owner
 
scottryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Drives: 2013 BRZ 310WHP
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 121
Thanks: 77
Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Zoom in on the picture. The charge pipe straight up says GReddy.
It's an intercooler pipe.
scottryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:03 PM   #31
scottryan
1st Generation Owner
 
scottryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Drives: 2013 BRZ 310WHP
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 121
Thanks: 77
Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
I've had the opposite experience. I've been buying from them 4 years now and nothing but good things to say. Chatted about products on fb for literally hours. I ordered a set of wheels and they ended up being back ordered with no ETA. So I asked if I could switch to another set, one that also happened to be $100 cheaper. When I asked for their Paypal to transfer the difference, they said 'don't worry about it', which is awesome. Just once they didn't have the colour of the part I ordered, so they got in touch with me and asked if it's okay to send out the other colour, which I didn't care about. That would be the only minor thing to happen in 4 years and multiple thousands spent. Also if you do happen to get the genuine kit, it's more likely to be thousands more expensive, not hundreds, although I do agree that genuine products should be purchased to support the manufacturers. But the semi-local support of this kit definitely has me thinking about it.
The kit is amazing, and as CSG Mike mentioned, it uses GReddy intercooler piping, so it's got quality parts for a great price. Thanks for pointing that out Mike, the kit is better than I thought
scottryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:22 PM   #32
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,075
Thanks: 9,391
Thanked 8,407 Times in 3,810 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
It's an intercooler pipe.
Charge pipe just means it is on the pressure side. So yes, intercooler pipe.

I doubt Greddy sold them those, they are likely backdoor parts made and sold by the plant that cast it for Greddy. I know there was something like this going around before with other parts. This happened to my company once when one of our tire manufactures went out of business and our mold got picked up and knock offs were being made by another company. We were even unknowingly warrantying these for a while. As a small business this was devastating.

Taking a dig like that at CSG is pretty lame. They partnered with part manufacturers to make something to their spec. Not even the same thing. Going to say the same about RCE? Their stuff is just KW made to their spec.

You bought something from a company that used a shortcut and made a kit with knockoff parts. It is what it is, nothing more to really argue. If you were happy with it then good for you. Defending it is pointless though.
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NoHaveMSG For This Useful Post:
DarkPira7e (09-16-2021), villainous_frx (09-15-2021), x808drifter (09-15-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 09:36 AM   #33
scottryan
1st Generation Owner
 
scottryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Drives: 2013 BRZ 310WHP
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 121
Thanks: 77
Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Charge pipe just means it is on the pressure side. So yes, intercooler pipe.

I doubt Greddy sold them those, they are likely backdoor parts made and sold by the plant that cast it for Greddy. I know there was something like this going around before with other parts. This happened to my company once when one of our tire manufactures went out of business and our mold got picked up and knock offs were being made by another company. We were even unknowingly warrantying these for a while. As a small business this was devastating.

Taking a dig like that at CSG is pretty lame. They partnered with part manufacturers to make something to their spec. Not even the same thing. Going to say the same about RCE? Their stuff is just KW made to their spec.

You bought something from a company that used a shortcut and made a kit with knockoff parts. It is what it is, nothing more to really argue. If you were happy with it then good for you. Defending it is pointless though.
Excuse me? I posted a positive review on a kit that is perfectly fine quality, with name brand parts, and CSG decides to show up and shit on my nice review of the product? But you tell me it's lame to take a dig at them? Take a step back and look at the picture, I wasn't bothering anyone with my review, I was making a review because I was extremely satisfied with the product and after sale support. Tell me what shortcut they used? They make all their hot-side parts in-house to drive the cost down and save Canadian owners on duties and shipping. If CSG boy wants to come here for whatever personal issues he has with the company and try to pick apart my review, I should be allowed to respond accordingly, so don't call it lame for taking a dig at them.
scottryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:41 AM   #34
scottryan
1st Generation Owner
 
scottryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Drives: 2013 BRZ 310WHP
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 121
Thanks: 77
Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot View Post
I fully agree on not buying knock-offs, but Mike please tell me how buying used is any better? You are cannibalizing a sale from the original manufacturer either way.

In your example, I understand that the real Craftsman no longer exists today, but if they did your buying used tools instead of new (just because they are cheaper) isn't really any better... is it?
Mike simply has a personal issue with the maker of the kit and wants to stir the pot in this post, nothing he's said has any basis. He's bashing them for "copying" a kit, but purposely leaves out SBD and JDL for also copying GReddy, he's selectively pointing blame to make a point out of a very shitty basis.

Doesn't CSG take Tein coilovers and sell them as "CSG Spec"? How hypocritical
scottryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:38 AM   #35
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,075
Thanks: 9,391
Thanked 8,407 Times in 3,810 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
Excuse me? I posted a positive review on a kit that is perfectly fine quality, with name brand parts, and CSG decides to show up and shit on my nice review of the product? But you tell me it's lame to take a dig at them? Take a step back and look at the picture, I wasn't bothering anyone with my review, I was making a review because I was extremely satisfied with the product and after sale support. Tell me what shortcut they used? They make all their hot-side parts in-house to drive the cost down and save Canadian owners on duties and shipping. If CSG boy wants to come here for whatever personal issues he has with the company and try to pick apart my review, I should be allowed to respond accordingly, so don't call it lame for taking a dig at them.
How positive of a review thread this turned out to be. You should become an influencer.

We really need to paint a picture of what shortcut was used?

What I call lame was this. If you want to go at them on other things, have at it. But this is pretty lame argument.

maybe stick to selling modified versions of existing parts, talking about copying and being lazy lol.

Doesn't CSG take Tein coilovers and sell them as "CSG Spec"? How hypocritical

They worked with Tien to improve Tien's product based on tons of track data that Tien doesn't have, had a new revision made, and exclusively sell it. They are getting it from Tien, so they are still getting theirs for the work the put into it. That is a lot different then getting backdoor parts, cutting the original designer out, and selling it as part of your kit. Like I said above, go after RCE too then while you are at it. Or how bout 949 since they are working with Xida.
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoHaveMSG For This Useful Post:
Calum (09-17-2021), Krazyyykevin (09-16-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 04:10 PM   #36
CSG Mike
 
CSG Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: S2000 CR
Location: Orange County
Posts: 13,754
Thanks: 8,592
Thanked 13,264 Times in 6,415 Posts
Mentioned: 928 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
Mike simply has a personal issue with the maker of the kit and wants to stir the pot in this post, nothing he's said has any basis. He's bashing them for "copying" a kit, but purposely leaves out SBD and JDL for also copying GReddy, he's selectively pointing blame to make a point out of a very shitty basis.

Doesn't CSG take Tein coilovers and sell them as "CSG Spec"? How hypocritical
Let's get some facts straight.

SBD is a blatent copy with many critical components replaced with cheaper parts.

JDL is a bespoke kit, fully welded by hand, in Arizona.

Tein produces the CSG Spec Flex A for CSG, with a completely different internal spec.

Do you see the difference?
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Calum (09-17-2021), Dzmitry (09-17-2021), Krazyyykevin (09-17-2021), weederr33 (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 05:30 PM   #37
Calum
That Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4,826
Thanks: 5,035
Thanked 2,848 Times in 1,488 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
Mike simply has a personal issue with the maker of the kit and wants to stir the pot in this post, nothing he's said has any basis. He's bashing them for "copying" a kit, but purposely leaves out SBD and JDL for also copying GReddy, he's selectively pointing blame to make a point out of a very shitty basis.



Doesn't CSG take Tein coilovers and sell them as "CSG Spec"? How hypocritical
SBD is a blatant copy of the same kit that ops company copied.

JDL is all hand made in house and amazing quality. There's a JDL part about 6 inches from me right now, under the floor of my car. (I'm stopped in a parking lot)

CSG worked with Tein to develop coilovers using Tein parts but CSG's specs for damping curves and spring rates. RCE did the same with KW. That's a hell of a long way from copying parts.

Last edited by Calum; 09-17-2021 at 05:53 PM.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
brz, ft86ms, motorsports, turbo

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Invidia N2 Cat Back Exhaust - FT86Motorsports FT86Motorsports CANADIAN Sales 0 10-13-2018 09:17 AM
FT86Motorsports turbo kit McG86 Forced Induction 3 02-10-2017 11:56 PM
Ft86motorsports and Openflash Header 2 SubieRumble Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 32 01-09-2017 08:05 PM
Berk Technology at FT86Motorsports.com FT86Motorsports CANADIAN Sales 4 12-17-2015 05:35 PM
WP Pro Big Brake Kit - FT86Motorsports.com FT86Motorsports CANADIAN Sales 0 10-23-2015 10:14 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.