follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 09-15-2021, 09:35 AM   #71
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,141 Times in 1,986 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasaur View Post
Gonna jump into this thread

Ballooned up to 258 during covid. Started weighing myself daily and having more reasonable portions. Less stress eating, less grazing, and lower calorie snacks (pickles and popcorn have been a staple). Currently sitting at 246 a month later.

For working out I've been very focused on muay thai the past year but my lifts are still fairly solid. Recently hit a 405 backsquat and 335 bench pretty easily. I've just been doing an upper and lower body day 2-3 days per week with 2-3 days of training muay thai/conditioning.

Will post moar in upcoming weeks. Thx for this thread OP.

The key with cauliflower rice is to cut regular white rice with it so I do like half and half or 2/3 white rice 1/3 cauliflower. I grew up eating rice every day so eating it solo is not a suitable substitute. Cutting your regular rice with it works pretty well.

Absolutely! Keep us posted with weekly/monthly results!.
alphasaur (09-15-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 09:39 AM   #72
spcmafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantanafrs2 View Post
When it comes to fitness I've found a bicycle to be man's best friend. A 35 mile ride will work the legs and burn calories like nobody's business

That's what I've been doing after each workout, put that sucker in "Fat Burner" for 15 mins and I sweat even more than what I was during my strength workout. Does wonders for legs.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:44 AM   #73
spcmafia

Decided to give these a try as a snack, they are sort of tasty, but extremely dry, which helps me from indulging in a bread streak. I've been eating about 6 a day, which is way less than the serving size, but they help whenever I get bored at work and wish for a quick snack. That plus my water intake has been helping.

Old 09-15-2021, 09:48 AM   #74
cjd

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Thanked 2,928 Times in 1,714 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
I rather keep eating brown rice. Is just so tough and doesn't absorb much flavor.
How'd you cook it? Not all brown rice is the same (well, that's true of all rice) but while slightly tougher at it's worst, it should not be something you notice. And the flavor should be richer, almost nutty. But yes, it has more taste than white, so if you're just using it as filler...
Makes me think all these diet tips are a disservice because they don't help people work with the differences. You can't just swap non-dairy into baking, fake cheese tastes fake, tofu can be delicious if you're not expecting it to taste like something else...
Old 09-15-2021, 10:00 AM   #75
spcmafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
How'd you cook it? Not all brown rice is the same (well, that's true of all rice) but while slightly tougher at it's worst, it should not be something you notice. And the flavor should be richer, almost nutty. But yes, it has more taste than white, so if you're just using it as filler...
Makes me think all these diet tips are a disservice because they don't help people work with the differences. You can't just swap non-dairy into baking, fake cheese tastes fake, tofu can be delicious if you're not expecting it to taste like something else...

Is probably because of the same characteristics of brown rice against white rice. White rice can absorb any flavorings a little easier than brown rice. In my case, is chicken stock (powder). White rice is little softer too, I don't feel like I took a scoop of bird feed and starting eating it.

I could never replace my foods for fake versions haha. Like I've said earlier, I'll still eat what I like, just in more moderation. I won't completely stick with brown rice, just increase my intake of it and reduce white rice intake. You are damn sure I will be destroying a double bacon burger with fries from time to time, but not as often as I did.
cjd (09-15-2021), Dadhawk (09-15-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 10:06 AM   #76
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
That's wrong, in so many ways. Doesn't matter what you do to it, it still tastes like cauliflower.
I haven't had cauliflower rice yet. I just stick with brown or long grain wild rice.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:22 AM   #77
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,936 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
I haven't had cauliflower rice yet. I just stick with brown or long grain wild rice.
I like wild rice. I'd rather just not eat than eat brown rice.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (09-15-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 10:41 AM   #78
alphasaur
friendly

Drives: 17' 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
Is probably because of the same characteristics of brown rice against white rice. White rice can absorb any flavorings a little easier than brown rice. In my case, is chicken stock (powder). White rice is little softer too, I don't feel like I took a scoop of bird feed and starting eating it.

I could never replace my foods for fake versions haha. Like I've said earlier, I'll still eat what I like, just in more moderation. I won't completely stick with brown rice, just increase my intake of it and reduce white rice intake. You are damn sure I will be destroying a double bacon burger with fries from time to time, but not as often as I did.
Properly cooked brown rice and a sunny side up yolky egg on it is

It's hard to cook brown rice well imo. I just buy it from the local chinese food spot.
spcmafia (09-15-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 11:47 AM   #79
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,305 Times in 7,369 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
I like wild rice. I'd rather just not eat than eat brown rice.
Yeah, I have a strong dislike for brown rice too. I have tried to like it but just can't.
Dadhawk (09-15-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 12:03 PM   #80
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,051 Times in 8,326 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
Here ya go.
That list depends on your race & body type as well. My buddy is from Spain (maybe Italy?), he eat pasta every damn meal, but holy fuck, he's skinny!!!! He doesn't exercise either (other than once a month golf). Same thing can be said w Asian w rice. A lot of time oriental ppl eating rice doesn't cause them to bloat as much caucasian ppl. Vice versa for eating potato. Something to do w digestive system (read it while back).

Also this is more toward women than men, but eating too much tofu have higher chance of breast cancer.

With that said, I've started diet/exercise last month as well. Before baby came, I was 5'7"~8" w average 180lbs. Now 202lbs. I wanna get back into 180~190lbs.

I've started intermittent fasting and I do play indoor soccer once a week. I wanna get back doing quick workout at night... but that's been hard due to taking care of baby.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:44 PM   #81
Lantanafrs2

Drives: 2013 frs red
Thanked 3,088 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
Brown rice is lower on the glycemic index. Its good with chicken lol
Lantanafrs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:58 PM   #82
cjd

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Thanked 2,928 Times in 1,714 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
It's good with a lot. Just plan the flavors together, rather than substituting. I discovered I really like it added to chili. Goes well with beans and cheese and spicy flavor.
Lantanafrs2 (09-15-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 03:43 PM   #83
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,936 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
So is shredded cardboard, and tastes about the same to me....

It's funny how different tastes folks have really. There aren't too many foods I really don't like. Brown rice is one of them. The other one is fish that isn't fried.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (09-15-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 04:24 PM   #84
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
GI is one of the most misunderstood and overrated “diet” things. It’s pretty much pointless to anyone who isn’t diabetic or at least have some serious blood sugar issues. For the majority of people where a carb ranks on ths GI is meaningless especially if you are eating this carb with other foods that will alter the digestion and absorption rate.

Eat whatever rice you like and enjoy the taste of most. My main carb staple is jasmine rice. Tastes good, helps fill me up but not get bloated. Brown rice is over rated and tastes like sh*t. If you like the flavor good on you. But I would never force anyone to eat it or even recommend it over white. The few miniscul micro nutrient/ fiber benefits are too minimal to matter and you shouldn’t rely on your main carb sources for micros, rely on micro nutrient dense foods primarily fruits and veggies for that. Eat staple carb sources for carbs.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 86TOYO2k17 For This Useful Post:
Cephas (09-15-2021), Dadhawk (09-16-2021)