follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 12-15-2015, 02:47 PM   #1
GsxrMe

Drives: Late 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Oil leak

I found an oil leak that just won't stop dripping. Its not much but enough that it drives me crazy.

The T used to hook put the factory oil pressure to the oil feed has a non stop leak and i want to remove the T entirely. I've seen people use the Subaru OEM Oil Galley Plug with an AN Male to NPT Male.

The oil line looks long enough to relocate the oil feed but I just need someone to review my parts list.

I'm using Full Blown Motorsports turbo kit.

Subaru OEM Oil Galley Plug
http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop...FYUWHwodKzgOlw

Russell 660420 - Russell AN Male to NPT Male Adapter Fittings
http://www.jegs.com/i/Russell/799/66...Fc4XHwod_1YJvw
FBM Turbokit: GTX3076R - ECUTEK HRI FlexFuel tune - FBM 3" Turboback Exhaust - 550cc Injectors - Walbro 485 Fuel Pump - 4bar Map Sensor - FBM Oil Pan - ACT SB7-XTSS - AMSOIL all fluids - Forester XT Oil Cooler - Cusco engine, trans mounts - Whiteline rear differential bushings - Perrin shifter bushing - Firehawk 235/45/17 - AEM Failsafe
GsxrMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:08 PM   #2
#maverick#

Drives: 2006 Pontiac GP (SOLD), 2014 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yea that's what we did, I don't have the FBM kit, same concept though, however if you are running a precision Ball Bearing turbo, I would urge you to run a -3AN feed line. If it is not a precision ball bearing turbo then carry on. Make sure to use some RTV? (Gray silicone shit) on the threads that go into the block.

Also, don't hesitate to call LJ @FullBlown he is an extremely patient guy!

This is how it is on mine http://screencast.com/t/wRSmVsM7fN6
Old 12-18-2015, 08:14 AM   #3
GsxrMe

Thanks. Go to find out there is a seal/washer that is crushed between the plug and the block and I have that on order to, should be here today.

I also want to install check valves on the brake booster and evap. I see a lot of people are doing it but no one is listing parts. I give somebody business if they could point me in the right direction.
FBM Turbokit: GTX3076R - ECUTEK HRI FlexFuel tune - FBM 3" Turboback Exhaust - 550cc Injectors - Walbro 485 Fuel Pump - 4bar Map Sensor - FBM Oil Pan - ACT SB7-XTSS - AMSOIL all fluids - Forester XT Oil Cooler - Cusco engine, trans mounts - Whiteline rear differential bushings - Perrin shifter bushing - Firehawk 235/45/17 - AEM Failsafe
Old 12-18-2015, 08:20 AM   #4
FRS Justin

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrMe View Post
I found an oil leak that just won't stop dripping. Its not much but enough that it drives me crazy.

The T used to hook put the factory oil pressure to the oil feed has a non stop leak and i want to remove the T entirely. I've seen people use the Subaru OEM Oil Galley Plug with an AN Male to NPT Male.

The oil line looks long enough to relocate the oil feed but I just need someone to review my parts list.

I'm using Full Blown Motorsports turbo kit.

Subaru OEM Oil Galley Plug
http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop...FYUWHwodKzgOlw

Russell 660420 - Russell AN Male to NPT Male Adapter Fittings
http://www.jegs.com/i/Russell/799/66...Fc4XHwod_1YJvw

Outfront Motorsports makes a 1 piece stainless unit that will keep you from having another connection stainless oring seal I have 0 problems with mine since install pushing over 120 psi at times
FRS Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 08:23 PM   #5
GsxrMe

Jesus, That was such a pain in the ass with a turbo blocking everything. Getting the oil pressure sensor back in and tight was time consuming. The new barb next to the AC was easy. I didn't even have to remove the AC compressor. Check Valves was all in-stock at Advanced Auto Parts. cut, slip, tighten clamps & done.

So far everything looks dry.

Now i'm waiting on the next project of parts to come in. "Mishimoto" 2015 WRX oil cooler and Subaru WRX factory oil/water heat exchanger. I'm going to have to fab a bracket in front of the intercooler or something. Not sure yet.