follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #71
cgrey

Drives: 2013 Argento Silver FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent201089 View Post
what kind of dashcam is this? Thanks. Hope you find him soon. Try to report to the police yet?
Thanks.

It's an Itronics ITB-100HD.

It's been in constant use for a year now, no faults. I even had an SD card melt in the unit, during summer, while operating and exposed to sun while parked (don't do this, I suppose). It was still recording, just a bit hard to get the warped and melted SD card out.

No complaints.

And, I have the unit set to shock sensing. It sensed the impact of the dog pile on the windshield.

You have received an infraction at Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB.
Reason: Quit the trolling.
cgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cgrey For This Useful Post:
vincent201089 (10-02-2013)
Old 10-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #72
cgrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by #944_10_Series_FRS View Post
@cgrey please keep us posted on the progress of finding this guy. Make sure to give him a lesson so he will not hurt others's property again.
The plan, right now, is to find him and either ask him for an explanation (which I'm sure will be amusing) or follow him to his door and leave some of my posters on it for his neighbors to enjoy. I'm assuming he lives in an apartment building so plastering the door with shit is out.

You have received an infraction at Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #73
Diode Dynamics

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,761 Times in 877 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
I am pretty amazed at how many times it sounds like your car has been vandalized! Do you have an offensive bumper sticker or something? lol

Looking forward to the updates OP, I hope you find this "poopetrator"

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #74
cgrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaap View Post
I'll play the part of the devils advocate here. Is it possible you drive around the neighborhood like some kind of an 'ass hat' and his actions are just a form of retaliation?
A lot of people seem to wonder about this, but no, it's not.

I drive there to park for work so I'll show up, find a spot, park and leave. Been doing this over a decade. Driving like an asshole in that area would be pretty difficult in any case. On top of that I've overly courteous to pedestrians at crosswalks and so better than the typical driver. There are also so many people and cars in that area it's difficult to imagine he would have ever seen me driving, noticed, cared or followed up for some kind of revenge.

Mistaken identity is also unlikely.

Either this guy hates the car, or is one of those cars don't belong in the city types.

Or just bored.

Somewhat related:

My WRX was stolen there.
My Miata was vandalized half a dozen times there.
My FRS has had petty things done to it all over the city, in places I regularly frequent, and plenty I don't.
It's also been hit by a drunk driver trying to park in the same space I occupied($2500), rammed by two commercial vans parking in front of me, and backed into by a minivan exiting a driveway($3000).

There was one morning I left work and saw an entire contained of chicken fried rice all over the window of the car in front of mine and thought "You'd think they would pick mine."

whaap (10-02-2013)
Old 10-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #75
cgrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitosis View Post
This. I can't tell from the video if he put the poo up near the top of your hood or if it was on the black plastic intake vents for the climate system.

If it is just on the hood I personally would probably just brush it off and take the high road, no need to escalate things.

If it WAS on top of the vents I would be FURIOUS since that poo looked kinda clumpy and not very solid... I would pretty much never again be able to rest easy 'cause I'd always know that there was likely some poo down in my vent system's intake tube so every time I turned on the air I'd start freaking out about breathing poo... cabin air filter be damned YER BREATHIN POO!!!
Fortunately not, just on the glass above it.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #76
OICU812
Just a dude

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Thanked 1,188 Times in 852 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Given history of vandalism where you work think I'd be just taking the bus or something. That's a ton of bad history in that area by sounds of things.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #77
cgrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Given history of vandalism where you work think I'd be just taking the bus or something. That's a ton of bad history in that area by sounds of things.
At least I don't own an S2000. You should see what happens to those around here.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #78
OICU812
Just a dude

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Thanked 1,188 Times in 852 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Oh man I couldn't deal with it I'd be moving to a calmer side of the country for a quality of life upgrade...
Old 10-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #79
Razz

Drives: Fast
I think the Police would be very interested in the video especially if you can find out the address where he lives.

He is probably causing vandalism on several cars.

The Judge will fine him big time.
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #80
cgrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz View Post
I think the Police would be very interested in the video especially if you can find out the address where he lives.

He is probably causing vandalism on several cars.

The Judge will fine him big time.
I can understand why people would think so but this is NYC.

Here's an example. When a drunk driver hit my car causing $2500 in damage I had it on tape, got the plate and everything. I spoke with three different cops at the station house. One told me they're not allowed to look people up by plate number. Another told me to go outside and call 911 and ask for a police offer to take a report. A third told me that because I didn't call at the time it happened nothing could be done. You know, while I wasn't there.

All lies. That's an example of the sort of assistance you might expect from the NYPD for a somewhat real problem, involving damages, and all evidence provided for them.

In the end forum people figured out who it was and tracked him down.

This is a trivial problem and they don't have the time or manpower to waste on it. You know, if they wasted time and manpower on anything that didn't involve bodyguarding the rich and famous, aggravating bicyclists, or raising money by conducting illegal road blocks. Or placing their own in mental institutions for reporting corruption and illegal practices. Sodomizing innocent people with plungers. Shooting bystanders. Hiding from the target of a citywide manhunt in the conductor booth of a train while the target is stabbing passengers to death. Frequenting whorehouses. Selling illegal guns to gangs. It's a very busy job.

Mr.Bobbino (10-05-2013)
Old 10-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #81
cgrey

Quote:
Oh man I couldn't deal with it I'd be moving to a calmer side of the country for a quality of life upgrade...
I think I shall.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #82
encity5

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
yea agree with OICU812, why not take public transportation, its NYC anyway.

Im sure you have your reasons, but dam, thats a lot of history with you and cars in the city. Unless you live in the city and parking where you live still means vandalism...

Anyways read about your vandalism a while back, encouraged me to take the MTA more often, or park in garages. lol
Old 10-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #83
djmm

Drives: toyota
If you still can't find him, make one email account,
Post all the pics to the poles all around the suburbs with heading:

"Please help me find this guy - he puts dog shits on your neighborhood cars. Email information to whoisthisturd@gmail.com"

And see if you can find anyone who recognises him.
djmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #84
cwb48

Drives: 2013 FR-s Firestorm
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Here's my theory: He's someone who lives in the area and hates the fact that you are taking up "his" parking space. People can be very territorial, especially when it comes to parking in NYC.
cwb48 is offline   Reply With Quote