follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-13-2016, 10:00 AM   #253
aghuman

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just curious, are the ofh tunes completely safe to use with the ofh or are they meant for ofh users who also refine the tune further? I ask cause of the disclaimer on the of website that states these tunes are more aggressive than the standard ots tunes (understandably so) but that they recommend you monitor data to ensure you don't have knock and stuff like that.
aghuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:14 AM   #254
cawith

Drives: Toyota GT86 6M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
@cawith, when you compare your current ROM with the new ROM using Kodenames XML, what other differences do you see?

You should be OK just copying over those tables though.
Problem is I don't have Kodename's definition file for A01C so I can't do the comparison with only his definitions.
When using OFT's definition for A01C and Kodename's for A00G I get around 70 different tables and 70 missing tables. Also some tables are indicated as missing even though the are displayed twice in the comparison tool at different places...
cawith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:01 PM   #255
LOLS2K
/scion

Drives: '13 86 M/T
Thanked 1,402 Times in 786 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Just curious, how does the new and improved 91 octane tune compare to the current e85 tune; on an otherwise bone stock car (no header). I'm assuming it would need to be the stage 1 91 octane tune on a stock car, right? Will there be much of a power difference? Is e85 still "life"?

LOLS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:20 PM   #256
Timmy_Jones
Spun

Drives: 17' Focus RS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
What is an easy way, to get the latest and greatest 93 Octane tune for my UEL header setup??

I DO NOT have a laptop, nor do I want to buy one. I already have a few for work, which I cannot download any tuning software on.
Timmy_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #257
ajcarson11

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (Black)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy_Jones View Post
What is an easy way, to get the latest and greatest 93 Octane tune for my UEL header setup??

I DO NOT have a laptop, nor do I want to buy one. I already have a few for work, which I cannot download any tuning software on.
You have to use a computer to get the new tunes onto your OFT. No other way. Find a friend who has a laptop and borrow it I'd recommend.
ajcarson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:25 PM   #258
jvincent

Drives: 2022 WRB BRZ Sport-Tech
Thanked 1,410 Times in 715 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawith View Post
Problem is I don't have Kodename's definition file for A01C so I can't do the comparison with only his definitions.
When using OFT's definition for A01C and Kodename's for A00G I get around 70 different tables and 70 missing tables. Also some tables are indicated as missing even though the are displayed twice in the comparison tool at different places...
Do you run A01C in Denmark?

Either way, if you use @Wayno's definitions you should get all the tables. He has them for most of the ROM variants.

Last edited by jvincent; 04-13-2016 at 01:46 PM.
jvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:33 PM   #259
headlikeahole

Drives: Ultramarine toyobaru
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Yasssss OFH stage 2 file available just in time for me to install my OFH! I'm assuming this means the beta went well? Are people free to comment on it now?

Thanks for all the hard work Shiv!
headlikeahole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:02 PM   #260
phrosty

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aghuman View Post
Just curious, are the ofh tunes completely safe to use with the ofh or are they meant for ofh users who also refine the tune further? I ask cause of the disclaimer on the of website that states these tunes are more aggressive than the standard ots tunes (understandably so) but that they recommend you monitor data to ensure you don't have knock and stuff like that.
I'd say the new tunes are not safe to just plug and play. They have more aggressive timing and AFR. There also isn't a 91 tune, so you're going to be adding even more aggressive timing if you're coming from one of those.

I'd recommend logging the standard tunes to make sure they are running safe and to make sure you understand what safe is, before attempting to use these.
2013 Whiteout 6AT FR-S | Perrin Inlet Tube + 2.75" CAI | OpenFlash Header | P&L Catback | 4.88 Final Drive | Dialed in OFT 2.0x Stage 2 E85 | 18x8 Enkei Raijin + 225/40 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | 17x7 Stock + 215/45 Michelin X-Ice Xi-2
phrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:06 PM   #261
klear

Drives: 2002 V7 Bugeye STI/2014 BRZ limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrosty View Post
I'd say the new tunes are not safe to just plug and play. They have more aggressive timing and AFR. There also isn't a 91 tune, so you're going to be adding even more aggressive timing if you're coming from one of those.

I'd recommend logging the standard tunes to make sure they are running safe and to make sure you understand what safe is, before attempting to use these.

Wait...there isn't a 91 octane version of the new tune? I emailed Shiv to see if its ok for me, (OFH, drop in filter, and inlet) and he replied that it should be fine.
klear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to klear For This Useful Post:
OrangeGuitar (04-13-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 03:08 PM   #262
Timmy_Jones
Spun

Drives: 17' Focus RS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcarson11 View Post
You have to use a computer to get the new tunes onto your OFT. No other way. Find a friend who has a laptop and borrow it I'd recommend.
OK, thank you.

Does Open Flash offer a service, to send yours in and they would flash it?
Timmy_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:09 PM   #263
BurnetRhoades

Drives: 2013 "Hot Lava"
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by klear View Post
Wait...there isn't a 91 octane version of the new tune?

There is a 91. It's on shiv's OP as well as his announcement that the tunes were ready before he posted them.
2013 Hot Lava FRS :: OFT Stage 2+ :: JDL UEL Catless :: JDL Over-Frontpipe :: GReddy Evolution RS Catback :: Enkei "Tarmac Black" RPF1 :: Tein Flex-Z Coilovers :: 245/35r18 Conti DW :: RS*R R-LCA :: Racer-X Fab R-Toe Arms :: Mishimoto Intake Tube :: Mishimoto Oil Catch Can :: JDL FSTB :: Raceseng "Slammer" + RLO :: Diode Dynamics HID + Tail-as-Turn + DRL :: 5:AD Spoiler ::
BurnetRhoades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:47 PM   #264
FR-Slide

Drives: 13 Whiteout 6MT
Is there a consensus or layman's explanation someone can provide once all the hype dies down today?

I just want to know if I can plug-n-play the NEW Stage2 tune into my non-OFH UEL car which has been running the OLD Stage2 tune safely for ~6 months.

I've seen a lot of "It's not safe" "Yes it is!" "Not if it's raining in Sweden!" dialogue about the update, and I'm certainly not a ROM-raider guru, so I just want to know if it's safe or worth it to upgrade to the new tunes for non-OFH (Gruppe-S) cars.

Thanks in advance.
FR-Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FR-Slide For This Useful Post:
tato.valverde (04-14-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 03:57 PM   #265
ryoma

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Slide View Post
Is there a consensus or layman's explanation someone can provide once all the hype dies down today?

I just want to know if I can plug-n-play the NEW Stage2 tune into my non-OFH UEL car which has been running the OLD Stage2 tune safely for ~6 months.

I've seen a lot of "It's not safe" "Yes it is!" "Not if it's raining in Sweden!" dialogue about the update, and I'm certainly not a ROM-raider guru, so I just want to know if it's safe or worth it to upgrade to the new tunes for non-OFH (Gruppe-S) cars.

Thanks in advance.
from what I understand, you can run the OFH stage 2 tune for your non-OFH UEL header, but it will not be optimized for your setup. the tune is only optimized for the OFH UEL and nothing else. by not optimized meaning there might be little to no problems, or there might be some catastrophic problems. who knows what you will get, but the OFH looks similar to the Tomei/Gruppe-S so I don't think there will be any major problems. you will definitely need to constantly log it though and make adjustments as you go

BTW, the current UEL stage 2 tune is not the same as the OFH stage 2 tune as far as I know. there's 2 separate downloads on the OFT website, 1 for the OTS tunes (stage 1/2) and 1 for the OFH stage 2 tune (this one).
Old 04-13-2016, 04:02 PM   #266
jvincent

Drives: 2022 WRB BRZ Sport-Tech
Thanked 1,410 Times in 715 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Slide View Post
Yes, you can use it. Your engine won't suddenly explode.

However, if it ends up having more knock, then the ECU will pull timing and you will have less power. The only way to know for sure is to flash the tune and do some logging.
jvincent is offline   Reply With Quote