follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #29
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,796 Times in 16,418 Posts
Mentioned: 707 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Well, Missy, that's a shame you were involved in an accident ......

As mentioned, the most important thing is your health; make sure you take care of yourself.

It appears your car could be fixed; let the insurance company and body shop worry about that.

As a parent of three children, who all had accidents within 2 months of getting their drivers license, I can identify with your parents anxiety ..... if they "yell" at you, that just may their way of saying "I'm shocked, but I'm so glad you're OK".

You're not alone, most of us were involved in an automobile accident when we were young ..... and we "survived" the nasty experience.

humfrz

Last edited by humfrz; 11-17-2013 at 03:52 PM.
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Missy (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #30
Kazuya

Drives: Takumi
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Please please PLEASE take notes and extra aware of your body, you WILL develope issues that will be long term, 2/5 of my family member went through the same thing as you did except they were more severe, they ended up being cover and paid in thousands for those accidents that affected them permanently.

Neck pain and back issues will NEVER go away, they stick with you forever so you best make the most out of it.

I am sorry that a dumbass with no insurance raped you like this, it pains me so to read your post
Kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kazuya For This Useful Post:
Missy (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #31
Tagera

Drives: Hot Lava/2013 FR-S/Automatic
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
I think they feel like I drive around like a daredevil and they think I was "asking for trouble" and since I wasn't bleeding or crippled they know I'm ok and they're taking out some of their frustration.

If you did that then I'm sure you would have had a wreck long before this. And he is the one that ran into you because he wasn't paying attention. Just because you weren't bleeding or crippled doesn't mean something could have been damaged. People have been severely injured just from whiplash or other things that most people take for granted would be non-injury causing. I'm sure money isn't most likely a major issue. Even so, something like that needs to be checked out. Technically I should have gotten checked out after my wreck. But, I've never seen a use of most of the army medical community as a whole. Simply because a lot of the army doctors generally seemed lost to me. A lot of them these days are civilian contractors though.
Tagera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #32
Touge_ninja
Sending rods to their doo

Drives: 700HP STi
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
holy hell!! hope your doing better, the car is replaceable while you are not.....although this does call for a rocketbunny V2
Touge_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #33
Whitigir
Banned

Drives: 450 awhp twin turbo vr4
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I think they feel like I drive around like a daredevil and they think I was "asking for trouble" and since I wasn't bleeding or crippled they know I'm ok and they're taking out some of their frustration.
No parents would do that Missy. I may be assuming it wrong, because I don't know them. But, Accidents are bound to happen, as long as it is not your fault, or EVEN if it is your fault, parents are always there to comfort, and support their children.

Beside, there is nothing that happening to you, and did not happen to your parents. They understand much more than you would think.
Whitigir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #34
Missy
Blue Nose

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 series
Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,017 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_ninja View Post
holy hell!! hope your doing better, the car is replaceable while you are not.....although this does call for a rocketbunny V2
Not a bunny fan.. As of now my head still hurts and my back when I move certain ways.
Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #35
Missy
Blue Nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitigir View Post
No parents would do that Missy. I may be assuming it wrong, because I don't know them. But, Accidents are bound to happen, as long as it is not your fault, or EVEN if it is your fault, parents are always there to comfort, and support their children.

Beside, there is nothing that happening to you, and did not happen to your parents. They understand much more than you would think.
I'm sure once it's all taken care of they'll jokingly make fun of me after but it's just stressful to me right now, but I'm used to it. It's just my crying trigger, I get really nervous and frustrated then boom tears. Lol that's my woman half coming through since I have a guys mentality. Gotta show sometime right?
Old 11-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #36
humfrz

Quote:
Not a bunny fan.. As of now my head still hurts and my back when I move certain ways.
If your head still hurts after you take a couple aspirin, drink a large glass of water and take a nap and/or your back still hurts after a couple of ibuprofen ..... I'd suggest you go see a doctor .... or lt least go to a clinic to get checked out.

However, be advised, a car forum is NOT the best place to accept medical advice ....

I hope you get to feeling better.

humfrz
Old 11-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #37
Tagera

Drives: Hot Lava/2013 FR-S/Automatic
Quote:
I'm sure once it's all taken care of they'll jokingly make fun of me after but it's just stressful to me right now, but I'm used to it. It's just my crying trigger, I get really nervous and frustrated then boom tears. Lol that's my woman half coming through since I have a guys mentality. Gotta show sometime right?

You really should at least have someone look at it. Sounds like you pulled muscles and all that. A guys mentality?? So you find gas jokes amusing and laugh at Johny Knoxville a lot?
Tagera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #38
Missy
Blue Nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagera View Post
You really should at least have someone look at it. Sounds like you pulled muscles and all that. A guys mentality?? So you find gas jokes amusing and laugh at Johny Knoxville a lot?
Johnny is ok and yes I laugh at stupid shit, I think girls are fucking drama queens and they cause nothing but trouble for everyone. I mean guys suck equally but for different reasons. Lol I'm a pervert and I'm open about pretty much everything. There's more but I don't want to think too hard.

@humfrz I was totally going to ask if anyone could examine me too. DAMN..
Old 11-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #39
humfrz

Quote:
@humfrz I was totally going to ask if anyone could examine me too. DAMN..
Well, come on around and I'll fix you up with a hot epson salt bath, apply a large mustard patch to your ailing body part, a hot water bottle full of ice water for your aching head and a fifth of rot gut whisky to drink ......

OR ...... you can go see a doctor ...... your call ....

humfrz
Old 11-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #40
AVodka14

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS MT
Glad you're not seriously injured. You are justified in the way you feel right now. I remember my first accident and it is tough to deal with. I prided myself on being such a good driver yet it still happened. That's why they call them accidents. As a physical therapist, I can tell you it is important to see your primary care physician. Let them evaluate and document their findings. It's good to have everything that is a repercussion of the accident documented. Usually headaches from a car accident are in relation to whiplash. Yet never assume you don't have a mild concussion.

On another another note, maybe we'll get to see an affordable car insurance act by Obama before he finishes his last term. 'Obamacar' might fit quite well. That way we won't have to deal with the other set of idiots on the road.
AVodka14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #41
Pablitomarrero

Drives: FR-S 10 series
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
hey @Missy. Im a trauma surgeon so I have seen a few things, please dont take my advise lightly.
1) relax. Everything will solve itself eventually. Your car has a minor accident. Easily repairable, no issues. Im sure there is nothing in that car tht cant be repaired by professionals. If worst comes to worst your parents said they will help. Dont stress over this

2) Im pretty sure your headaches are just a concussion (effects of your brain rocking back and forth in your helmet) BUT you can never be 100% sure unless you get a ct of your head. This is important, do not take this lightly!

3) pretty sure ur neck pain is just strain but you still need xrays to make sure your neck is fine.

Your parents wont yell at you for wanting to get yourself checked! Its your health and im sure they love you and do not want to see you hurt. ER's get this all the time and will process you rather quick. All you have to do is show up. They have a legal obligation to help you whether u have health insurance or not.

IF you decide not to go... pay special attention to your headache! Any dizziness/ lightheadedness, double vision, nausea, vomiting is an ominous warning. Brain hemorrhages can show up late after the trauma. I do not want to scare you, but I do want you to take care of yourself ok?

dont worry about the car. These things tend to work themselves out
Pablitomarrero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pablitomarrero For This Useful Post:
355rockit (11-17-2013), humfrz (11-17-2013), Porsche (11-18-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #42
IgnitionGundam

Drives: Silver Ignition Gundam
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Pray for a speedy recovery!