follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #1
Thrustin

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited, 2013 Focus ST
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cracked Screen on an OFT

Got my OFT last week. Loaded up stage 1. Feels great!

My wife immediately broke the screen. The touch screen does not seem to function any longer. I know it's different tech, but I was holding out hope that it would still work, seeing that I've been using a cracked iPhone screen for six months now. The screen lights up, and looks fine (other than the cracks). Also, the unit itself seems to work, as I was able to connect to Openflash Manager and download the 2.0 maps.

Anybody have any thoughts on repairing it, or getting it to respond?

Thrustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
avg

Drives: BRZ Limited Manual
Garage
Contact the manufacturer, it's not like you'll find a replacement screen online like you can with phones.
avg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #3
Malt

Drives: 2015 WRX
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustin View Post
Got my OFT last week. Loaded up stage 1. Feels great!

My wife immediately broke the screen. The touch screen does not seem to function any longer. I know it's different tech, but I was holding out hope that it would still work, seeing that I've been using a cracked iPhone screen for six months now. The screen lights up, and looks fine (other than the cracks). Also, the unit itself seems to work, as I was able to connect to Openflash Manager and download the 2.0 maps.

Anybody have any thoughts on repairing it, or getting it to respond?
Did you buy it new or used? Did you use a credit card? I know several credit card companies offer supplemental warranty service on some items in the event that you are unable to return/warranty an item.

But first things first: if you bought it new, have you called Vishnu?
Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #4
Thrustin

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited, 2013 Focus ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
Did you buy it new or used? Did you use a credit card? I know several credit card companies offer supplemental warranty service on some items in the event that you are unable to return/warranty an item.

But first things first: if you bought it new, have you called Vishnu?

I bought it new. I'm planning to call Vishnu tomorrow. Hopefully, it won't cost another $500 to get this fixed. I've spent too much money on car stuff that no longer functions properly, as of late.
Thrustin is offline   Reply With Quote