follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 04-27-2015, 06:21 PM   #1051
Agent 86

Drives: 2017 Cayman S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 View Post
If you are still looking in a few days when my Bayson lip comes in I'll make sure to update you on how it's packaged. I figure it's worth a shot they have great eBay feedback and if I'm not happy it's through PayPal so I'm not worried about being out of the money
My Bayson R lip, sides and spats??? arrived last week. The lip was in a large flat box (not folded or bent). The sides and spats were in a long narrow box properly packaged. I purchased through ebay because the price was better than the than on the Bayson site.
2014 BRZ Limited - 2013 VW Golf R - 2010 Forester XT - 2006 Mazda 3 GT
Agent 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:06 PM   #1052
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Drives: 2014 Hachiroku of the year
Thanked 1,770 Times in 761 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
My Bayson R lip, sides and spats??? arrived last week. The lip was in a large flat box (not folded or bent). The sides and spats were in a long narrow box properly packaged. I purchased through ebay because the price was better than the than on the Bayson site.
pictures of install? hows the quality? is it really brittle plastic? or is it poly?
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:33 PM   #1053
Agent 86

Drives: 2017 Cayman S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
pictures of install? hows the quality? is it really brittle plastic? or is it poly?
I haven't installed it yet, but I will take photos. Bayson recommends using a heat gun or allowing the parts to sit in the sun to make it more flexible. We haven't had any really warm days so I have been waiting to do the install. Also, I plan to replace the screws with stainless steel equivalents if I can find some at HD or Lowes.

Quality… well I don't have anything to compare it with since I've never had a kit before. I wouldn't call it "finely crafted", particularly the areas that aren't exposed, but I think it will look good once installed. I attended Boxerfest last week and saw carbon fiber and alloy kits that look almost like works of art. This kit will never be mistaken for anything like that, but considering the cost I'm pleased with the product.

No, it's not brittle at all. Bayson calls it Urethane. The individual parts are deceptively heavy for their size. It seems like a hard rubber to me. Almost like the soles or heels of some shoes. Flexible, and tough. I also think that the material may scuff easily. I'm hoping something like tire shine will help with that.

Hope that helps.
2014 BRZ Limited - 2013 VW Golf R - 2010 Forester XT - 2006 Mazda 3 GT
Agent 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:52 PM   #1054
Crestwood1001

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited (GBS)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I tagged you in a pic of mine on instagram after I installed it. After sitting in the sun for an hour it was super soft and made the install pretty easy, it's poly. I'm happy with it for the price, I'll end up trashing it fairly fast so I'll stick to the cheap ones
Crestwood1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:06 PM   #1055
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 View Post
I tagged you in a pic of mine on instagram after I installed it. After sitting in the sun for an hour it was super soft and made the install pretty easy, it's poly. I'm happy with it for the price, I'll end up trashing it fairly fast so I'll stick to the cheap ones
as much as i really don't like buying off brand stuff, the lip seems like a decent enough piece from them...my current CS lip has taken so much abuse its being demoted to winter duties

looks like i'll order one this week.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:15 PM   #1056
drew_kar

Drives: WRB Brz / SR S14
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Hey Ivan I have the side skirts rear spats from bayson R. The fitment was decent despite the curvature of the rear. IMO spending a lot for a lip that will just get beat like you said isn't worth it. I also painted it with matte paint and clear coated to give it some shine like oem.
drew_kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:07 PM   #1057
iarefluffy

Drives: CWP series blue brz
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Your search skillz are on point. I doubt I said Pokémon more than once on this site, haha.
*Double Tada!*
iarefluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:34 PM   #1058
mkivalex

Drives: 13 Scion FRS, 93 JDM Toyota Supra
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
the other issue is i've been driving turbo cars again lately, and fuck i miss just the stupidity....my canadian friends keep sending me ads for r32's. you don't understand how tempted i am. but that is a horrible financial move on my part.

i genuinely don't know where to buy a lip from.
Maybe its cause they are a dime a dozen up here, but R32's just are .... meh. I know I'd get bored of driving one after a while. Sure they are quick, but there's just not that much that's nice about them. Then again I've had a RHD car so that curiosity has come and gone but there are just many cars I would choose before an R32.
mkivalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:50 PM   #1059
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew_kar View Post
Hey Ivan I have the side skirts rear spats from bayson R. The fitment was decent despite the curvature of the rear. IMO spending a lot for a lip that will just get beat like you said isn't worth it. I also painted it with matte paint and clear coated to give it some shine like oem.
the lip's fitment was good though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iarefluffy View Post
LMFAO king tut need pokemon plates on his next car. or name something turbo "charmander"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkivalex View Post
Maybe its cause they are a dime a dozen up here, but R32's just are .... meh. I know I'd get bored of driving one after a while. Sure they are quick, but there's just not that much that's nice about them. Then again I've had a RHD car so that curiosity has come and gone but there are just many cars I would choose before an R32.
we always want what we can't or don't have. i'm sure in another car i'd get bored and miss the purity of the BRZ. my ideal 1-2 punch right now is a fast manual wagon and the brz. looking for wagons but nothing really exists. i am hoping the levorg makes it over in the next few years.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:04 AM   #1060
slowmo

Drives: '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
thanks! i really really really don't want to order from bayson R. not just because its a rep, but last time the lip came bent in half in a box and i just returned it.
you might want to give japanparts.com a try, excellent rep.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:29 AM   #1061
drew_kar

Drives: WRB Brz / SR S14
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
the lip's fitment was good though?

Unfortunately I cannot attest to the quality of the front lip since that's the only piece I don't have. However, the other pieces fit well.
drew_kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:44 AM   #1062
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
LMFAO king tut need pokemon plates on his next car. or name something turbo "charmander"
To be fair, there was a time on this forum where there was a campaign and everyone was making their avatar a Pokémon character. I didn't support the campaign.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:34 PM   #1063
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmo View Post
you might want to give japanparts.com a try, excellent rep.
wouldn't you just buy the real thing from there? i don't want the STi lip, i don't like how it goes up on the side of the bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
To be fair, there was a time on this forum where there was a campaign and everyone was making their avatar a Pokémon character. I didn't support the campaign.
i don't recall that. then again there are many things i probably missed on this forum. not the most active member outside mown threads.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #1064
mkivalex

Drives: 13 Scion FRS, 93 JDM Toyota Supra
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
the lip's fitmen

we always want what we can't or don't have. i'm sure in another car i'd get bored and miss the purity of the BRZ. my ideal 1-2 punch right now is a fast manual wagon and the brz. looking for wagons but nothing really exists. i am hoping the levorg makes it over in the next few years.
I want a fast wagon too!

We can get the Nissan Stagea up here now. Basically an R34 skyline wagon. Do want.
mkivalex is offline   Reply With Quote