follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 07-05-2020, 09:21 AM   #1
pabisz23

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Radium Dual Catch Can with Jackson Racing Supercharger

Hey Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has advice on relocating the ccv radium catch can to the passenger side, or somewhere out of position of the jackson racing supercharger kit oil reservoir.
I am getting my kit in soon and I know I'll need to move the catch can, so I want to do that ahead of time.
I saw one post about this but the pictures were gone.
If anyone else has moved their radium catch can to accommodate the jrsc kit, could you please share how you did this? I would like to keep the oil reservoir in the recommended location.
pabisz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 04:15 PM   #2
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Either don’t run ccv can as it’s really not needed.
Easiest option

Relocate the oil reservoir like this https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67647.
Second easiest option

Or you can relocate the catch can to the same spot that the oil reservoir would be relocated to but you’ll probably need to modify or make/get a new mounting bracket.
Hardest option.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 01:43 PM   #3
pabisz23

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
Either don’t run ccv can as it’s really not needed.
Easiest option
Ive heard a lot of people saying both is necessary and I already have it so I'd rather use it. I've seen that thread post and I'd rather keep the oil reservoir it its recommended location. I'll try to see if I can mount my ccv catch can somewhere on the passenger side
pabisz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:25 AM   #4
rns294

Drives: 13 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabisz23 View Post
Ive heard a lot of people saying both is necessary and I already have it so I'd rather use it. I've seen that thread post and I'd rather keep the oil reservoir it its recommended location. I'll try to see if I can mount my ccv catch can somewhere on the passenger side
That other guy is right. Mounting those radium cans anywhere but the default location is the absolute hardest route you can take.

I don't know exactly the situations you've read but I have the dual cans and the driver side one looks like it's literally brand new. Been on the car almost 3 years.

If you don't want to route the reservoir on the passenger side, there is a hole on the rear of the engine bay near the brake and clutch reservoirs that you can more the JRSC fluid to. I did mine there and there is no problem. Didn't even have to break the zip ties I installed on the lines because it was so close to the original spot.
rns294 is offline   Reply With Quote