follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 06-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #1
ddeflyer

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How about we make a track tire data thread?

So I'm thinking that a thread of data about on track performance of different tires might be useful. That said I think it would be good to get some opinions on format and data points to gather before actually creating such a thread (so that I can make a clean intro section to gather data and be more helpful). The data points I am thinking would be good are:
* Tire, tire size, alignment used
* Happiness with performance on track (subjective and hard to quantify but still very useful)
* Track used on and ambient temperature
* Type of driving (as in, overdriving front, high slip angle, drifting, etc) and skill in driving that style (or if just plowing/overdriving the fronts lack of skill )
* Tire pressures and pyrometer readings is available
* comments on tires at that temp/pressure (low pressure, high pressure, greased up, grip level, heat cycle stability, etc)
* Wear pattern, number of track days tires appear to be lasting for, tires used on track and street, or track only

What do people think? If this is useful I will try and capture the hard data on my advan ad08r tires on my next track day (I didn't recored temps and pressure previously so I can't contribute that part yet).

No idea where it leads next!
ddeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ddeflyer For This Useful Post:
Doozer (06-10-2014), ToyoburuBRZ (06-09-2014)