follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
SkullWorks
Banned

Drives: SSM LT MT BRZ
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
SOA and BRZ Release lies

OK so I have been all over SOA, they have no dates for me no VIN for me, no updates at all since the car was ordered 3/2/2012,

I just got off the phone with Pacific Subaru, (my dealer) they have even less info, I asked him if he'd heard about the cars potentially being in Long Beach Harbor, He called BS and told me all Subarus come thru Richmond and ?vancouver?!?!

He also said his district Manager told him that they don't expect any BRZ's anytime in the next couple of weeks....

So if anyone has any REAL info I would like to hear it and I would request that there be credible sources listed also.

There has been alot of guesses and strange math going on here, bad reporting by the media doesn't help either.
SkullWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
blu_

Drives: SWP BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
There are no lies in any of the above statements. As far as Long Beach goes, thats a Toyota port that may or may not have BRZ's sitting there. I'm not listing sources... I live in Portland and just KNOW for a fact that the Subaru west coast port of entry in Vancouver WA. BUT that doesn't mean that BRZ's aren't in Long Beach, because of some logistics coordination between the two companies.

Also, I wouldn't bother with talking to dealers and expecting to get accurate info. If you really want to know call SOA. Personally Im taking the approach of they get here when they get here.
blu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blu_ For This Useful Post:
ashtray (04-30-2012), Xlr8 (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Drives: 13 BRZ, 11 STI, 99 RS
Thanked 1,520 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Well, at NAIAS, Subaru said the BRZ would arrive at dealerships "late spring." This statement was right alongside the statement of $25K as a starting price. So I'll put some weight on a "Late Spring" release, which says to me mid to late May.

You're not going to get hard dates until the cars are sitting on the lots.
Draco-REX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
I wonder what is the wrong reporting and all that things that have you raving in anger.

Release date has ALWAYS been called "Mid-May". When Mid-June gets here if we still don't have cars, I can understand some people being upset.

Me? I can wait as far as August and have no problem with it. Just more money to be saved for the car. I don't get why people get angry about this type of stuff. SOA never said " you WILL have VIN's by April 30th, or you will know in what port the car will be by then, etc.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullWorks View Post
OK so I have been all over SOA, they have no dates for me no VIN for me, no updates at all since the car was ordered 3/2/2012,

I just got off the phone with Pacific Subaru, (my dealer) they have even less info, I asked him if he'd heard about the cars potentially being in Long Beach Harbor, He called BS and told me all Subarus come thru Richmond and ?vancouver?!?!

He also said his district Manager told him that they don't expect any BRZ's anytime in the next couple of weeks....

So if anyone has any REAL info I would like to hear it and I would request that there be credible sources listed also.

There has been alot of guesses and strange math going on here, bad reporting by the media doesn't help either.

How long ago did you pre-order? I pre-order a BRZ not too long ago and was told by the dealership that SOA hasn't told them anything, they had no clue that cars were at the port or that there were a couple driving around hell no one at the dealer including the manager has even sat in one (while I have)

They also told me allocate is going to be really bad consider there are 600 BRZ coming and almost that many dealers out there.

I was told my order 1 WRB Sports Tech 6MT may not even come until next year but they have no clue at all until SOA actually starts to inform them
Old 04-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #6
Oriental Life

Drives: Forester 2007, BRZ Limited '13
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Scions First 86 promo makes everyone nervous. Cars will get here.
Oriental Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
I think at this point, Subaru is just trying to keep up with the crazy demand (apparently 4X their projection in JP) and because of that, can't give us a definitive date because they are afraid of the repercussions of missing said date.

What they're doing now isn't good either, but there's not much we can do about it...
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
prest1ge

Drives: VW, 2013 subaru brz limited swp 6mt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm also disappointed by the lack of communication between SoA and the customers. We understand that the BRZ is of high demand, but that is no excuse for withholding information. The car better be phenomenal because this is by far the shittiest car buying experience I've ever seen.
prest1ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #9
Lone

Drives: 2010 VW GTI 2dr
When I ordered my GTI in 2010, it took about 90 days to be delivered, and VW could only give me details towards the end.

90 days is a standard (and reasonable) amount of time for a car to be produced and delivered. You may want to adjust your expectations.
Lone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lone For This Useful Post:
NWIguy (04-30-2012), Sportsguy83 (04-30-2012), Turbowned (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #10
Nate219BRZ

Drives: Rip 04 golf gti rip 05 scion TC
My dealer showed me a offical SOA memo that said all dealers are only guarenteed one BRZ, any other orders are marked as excess orders and no guarantee of delivery time.
Nate219BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #11
SkullWorks
Banned

Drives: SSM LT MT BRZ
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
CNN is one source of bad reporting,

My dealer said 6-8 weeks is standard order to fulfillment time frame, (obviously this was a WAG since the car was ordered before production "started")

SOA said they would have periodic updates to the status thru the delivery cycle of the car, assumedly there has been progress, none has been reported.

There are lots of people out there claiming/citing "sources" but they all seem to just be reflecting the hopes and dreams of people awaiting the car, but are sold as "inside info"

Maybe i'm just stupid but this is bad business, if someone already has a down payment on the car they should be privy to the details surrounding the car...
SkullWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #12
86design
Attack By Demons

Drives: 2022 BRZ (pre ordered)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
yeah same here SOA didn't even have a lot of info about my order...they did know about me and my dealer and what model i'm getting and type of color, but to know when its on its way....they had no clue...but funny thing is every time i would call they would ask me "what number are you on the waiting list" its like I would have to repeat my self every time i would call....I would of thought they would at least keep track of that....

the waiting for this car is killing me...my old broken down lexus is giving me a headache with the V8 engine...I already have the money to buy my BRZ...and i'm sad to say this but i'm looking at other cars cause i cant stand the wait!!! but every time I would look at cars and the price range I would say...wow the BRZ will have all this and more for the price!!...ahhhhhhh I didn't have to wait this long when the new Evo10 came out...
Old 04-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #13
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
You'll get a car eventually. You haven't paid for it yet so there's no real commitment to provide you with a car. Assuming the dealer receives a car of your specification and they want your money, they'll contact you.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #14
engee

Drives: Subaru
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
SOA is not that bad by far. The fact that you guys even have VON's is a good thing. No one dealing with SDC even has a VON and I think anyone dealing with SNE is in the same boat.

The car is limited and allocation is scarce. The car will eventually get here when they get here. I gave up trying to track the car. Just wait it out and it will be all the sweeter when it gets here.
engee is offline   Reply With Quote