follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-22-2016, 02:48 AM   #15
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Just an update: OP's car was found.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
KR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KR-S For This Useful Post:
MisterSheep (04-22-2016), SeratoBeats (04-23-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 08:16 AM   #16
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,284 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeratoBeats View Post
Vaughan is by Wonderland. 400 and major Mackenzie area. I'm in maple, Ontario,Canada.

The plaza is 30 seconds from my house, deserted the only store open was pizza Nova there's cameras all over the plaza because there is a bank right beside it and there's also cameras in the pizza Nova pointing to my car.
Obviously not!
There were no other cars in the parking lot but mine parked directly in front of the store well lit. I go out for 2 minutes to get a slice. I always keep the keys on me since everything is hand activated and push start. After I placed my order I even went back into my car right after to get something that I forgot. Again half asleep I believe the keys fell out of my sweater middle pocket and into the cup holder. I ran back in to pay get my pizza which took approx 2 minutes. My back was toward my car while I exchanged word with the pizza whole walking backward toward the door. Turned around walked out and it was gone.
To asleep to pay attention means you should not have been driving. How the hell do you know the keys fell out of your pocket into the cup holder when the car was gone?????
I don't want to get into the conspiracy theories but I'm honestly starting to believe the pizza guy was stalling me after I went back in and something seemed like an inside job.
Take blame for your own screw up. You think the pizza place had a whole set up just sitting waiting for some guy to come in half asleep drop his keys in the car so that somebody hiding could come and take it? WOW it has to be something like that not just a guy leaving a car running when he shouldn't.

There was another employee in the back of the store who disappeared for a bit during all of this. Again it might sound stupid it just makes no sense. I've lived here my whole life this plaza is a ghost town.
It is a distinct possibility he was actually working.

I even asked the pizza guy. How did he not see my car "the only car" taking off during this time when he was facing it directly. He knows me. When I work the midnight shifts I often stop here to get a slice of pizza for the night. He knows what I do for a living and he definitely knows my car...
Also actually working. It is not his responsibility to watch your car for you.

Wawanesa isn't that cheap it all. But I've gone through their policies and it shows no exclusions under theft. Even when we called he stated "theft is theft". There's no exclusions to this coverage or situational events that won't cover you under this.
It is shit like this that causes insurance to cost more. You think they will lose money because you can't be bothered to turn yoiur car off? We are all paying more because they pay out on claims like this.

Must be somebody else's fault!
Atropine (04-24-2016), KR-S (04-22-2016), Lorico (04-22-2016), ScoobsMcGee (04-22-2016), shiumai (04-22-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 11:11 AM   #17
MalcolmHimself

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Canadians can steal things? What is the world coming to?
Old 04-22-2016, 11:28 AM   #18
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,284 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmHimself View Post
Canadians can steal things? What is the world coming to?
Probably some punk ass from the PNE visiting!
Old 04-22-2016, 11:38 AM   #19
MalcolmHimself

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Probably some punk ass from the PNE visiting!
You guys should build a wall to keep them out.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:12 PM   #20
Jfheisenberg

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series Blue WRB
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Sorry for the lost, i would be so sad and depress if that happens to me

Definitely will keep this in mind, there are occasions where i just leave my car on idle for a few minutes, but its risky. I will turn off the car going forward.
Jfheisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jfheisenberg For This Useful Post:
SeratoBeats (04-23-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 02:05 PM   #21
DSOmegaX

Drives: '19 M2 Comp, '20 GR Supra
Thanked 2,153 Times in 986 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
I also usually keep the keys on me at all times (push start).
You do know that having the keys on you doesn't do anything right? You can still drive it away. There is no proximity cut off or anything if that's what you're thinking. Yes, if the person shuts off the car they will not be able to start it again, but by then who knows where they've taken the car.

2019 BMW M2 Competition | LBB | ///M Performance Build Thread
2020 Toyota GR Supra | Turbulence | TRD | Build Thread
DSOmegaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 03:57 PM   #22
ATaraxias

Drives: 1994 Geo Metro Hatchback
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Outside of MapleLand, and maybe inside too, leave your keys in the car and you can be liable for personal injury or property damage caused by the joyrider who stole your ride. It is the grossest kind of negligence.

Tortfeasors gonna tort...
ATaraxias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:25 PM   #23
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSOmegaX View Post
You do know that having the keys on you doesn't do anything right? You can still drive it away. There is no proximity cut off or anything if that's what you're thinking. Yes, if the person shuts off the car they will not be able to start it again, but by then who knows where they've taken the car.
I tried to tell him that on the regional forum thread but he doesn't seem to agree oh well I tried lol!

Anyway glad a fellow forum member helped him locate his car within 24 hours.
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krayzie For This Useful Post:
SeratoBeats (04-23-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 05:09 PM   #24
sodjer

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to sodjer
Quote:
I had the car running because I had things I needed to charge and my battery was acting up on me.
This is a really common occurrence here in the colder months. Either letting the car warm up in the driveway unoccupied, or leaving it running to go into the store/gas station/etc..

Hell outside of town I bet you can find more unlocked vehicles with keys in them than locked ones.

Glad your car was found, and seemingly unharmed. I'll bet you're more careful in the future. Live and learn I guess, but in the end locks just keep honest people honest.
sodjer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sodjer For This Useful Post:
SeratoBeats (04-23-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 06:13 PM   #25
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Drives: 15' LTD Subaru BRZ DGM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
That's terrible. I didn't even know crimes occur in Canada, im kidding of course. I hope he gets what he deserves. I'll tell Batman for you all the way from Georgia. I would talk with the police first, then put posters everywhere, and the Garbageman theory sounds good as well.

Instagram: 86_Maul
ShadowReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShadowReaper For This Useful Post:
86kahl (04-23-2016), SeratoBeats (04-23-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 06:30 PM   #26
VTEC

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowReaper View Post
That's terrible. I didn't even know crimes occur in Canada, im kidding of course. I hope he gets what he deserves. I'll tell Batman for you all the way from Georgia. I would talk with the police first, then put posters everywhere, and the Garbageman theory sounds good as well.
Believe it or not we actually have a Batman here in Toronto (suburb of Brampton to be exact). He spent his money on his own custom batmobile and drives around the street at night. I think he got some award before for making a citizen's arrest.
ShadowReaper (04-24-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 07:35 PM   #27
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC View Post
Believe it or not we actually have a Batman here in Toronto (suburb of Brampton to be exact). He spent his money on his own custom batmobile and drives around the street at night. I think he got some award before for making a citizen's arrest.
When I was growing up we had our own "Batman of Birmingham" who drove around in his "Rescue Ship" helping stranded motorists.

A lot of cities have had their own local heroes. Don't see them as much any more, though.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
86kahl (04-23-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 07:36 PM   #28
SeratoBeats
Herbie The Love Bug

Drives: BRaz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I just saw this now

Firstly I take full responsibility not once did I deny and put blame on anyone but myself. Again this pizza Nova place is sketchy, just a thought, a hypothesis, dosnt negate the fact I screwed up. You're good at spoon feeding words into people's posts

Secondly, there are cameras there, everywhere. There's a bank just next door and camera footage was submitted to YRP as per insurance d company. But you're right what do I know? I haven't lived there for just 28 years of my life or anything..

Thirdly, I have never received a speeding ticket, Red light ticket, stop sign ticket etc in my life. I am a clean 5* driver In good standing, and zero demerit points in tact. What the fuck do you know about "people like me"? But you're right you're a saint who's never made a mistake whether it be speeding or leaving a car running.

Fourthly, I pay the same ridiculous premiums as you do. I have never been in an accident that I was at fault for or ever received a ticket. Should I sit here and bitch and point fingers at someone because I feel like it the way you did saying its people like me? I have to pay ridiculous prices because others are idiots who think they are Mario Andrettis in a $30,000 car? We're in the same boat. I was half asleep as in good enough to drive but groggy from working swing hours. Do you not have a job? Should I call in next time and not go to work because I just feel tired? You're unrealistic insults are incredibly cute. This post actually made my day. Lol way to summarize who I am in 1 post. Be sure to Give me an update next time your Ghandi ass ever makes a mistake on the road. I'll be sure to cry and blame my premiums on your stupidity and no one else's.

Last edited by SeratoBeats; 04-22-2016 at 08:23 PM.
SeratoBeats is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SeratoBeats For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-22-2016)