follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 10-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #1
Nigelr32

Drives: '14 GT86 project, '13 GT86 DD
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone fitted Super-Pro Poly Subframe Bushes??

I've begun modifying my new Toyota GT86, and have started with the sub frame and Diff bushes. Read more in my thread over in the owners blog section.

Anyway, about these bloody bushes... I've looked at them for a while now and am not convinced I have the right idea about their location. I'm gonna mail Super-Pro and see what they have to say?

From the top, there are steel insets with different sized bores. I assume the smaller bore goes to the rear as that is how the OEM bushes were, although one of the smaller OEM bushes has a slot rather than a hole?

Next we have the bushes themselves, left to right, 3818, 19 and 20. we can see that there are four off 3818 and two off of each of the others.. 3818 is "plain", with no counterbore in the face, whereas the other types have counterbores of different sizes.

Next we have the original Toyota "washers" and spacer. Again, from left to right, the large orange bracket is the front lower "washer". The long bolt goes up through this bracket, through the bush and into the bodyshell. The middle , silver piece is a spacer that sits on top of the front bush and the right hand orange piece is the rear lower "washer".

Now, the recess in bush 3819 fits the raised ring on the silver spacer beautifully and the recess in 3820 fits the raised portion of the "washers" beautifully, but there's only two of them, so, do they fit front or back of the subframe??

The Whiteline bushes do away with the silver spacer and have a recess over the raised portions of the front and rear lower "washers". I really do wish I'd bought the Whiteline bushes now!!

If you have any ideas, or know of a link to "How to fit" these things, please let me know...
Old 10-14-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
NissanGuy

Drives: Strangely.
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
So of your 8 bushing halves, four are plain, two will only fit the front upper, and two will only fit the rear lower?

I'm not sure I see the issue, mate
Old 10-14-2014, 04:11 PM   #3
Nigelr32

Drives: '14 GT86 project, '13 GT86 DD
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanGuy View Post
So of your 8 bushing halves, four are plain, two will only fit the front upper, and two will only fit the rear lower?

I'm not sure I see the issue, mate
I obviously haven't described this very well? If I fit them as described by your good self, I will have a plain bush in the lower position, which will sit on top of the bulge in the washer. Surely, that can't be right? At the moment, Super-Pro can't help either??