follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 06-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #155
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yeah, I have no clue why they didn't just integrate the extremities of the mustache into the actual front bumper mold. I hated it at first, but now I like it. I loved the Toyota one at first, but now it's too boy ricer for me.

I dropped my car off at the shop this morning to get the mustache custom job touched up and vinyl overlaid. It was chipping really bad since it never got wrapped and got pelted with Spring break up. Worst timing ever for that mod. But it should be looking good as new when I get it back, so I'm excited!
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chanomatik For This Useful Post:
Tristor (05-09-2018)
Old 05-06-2015, 10:52 PM   #156
Silk

Drives: 2015 BRZ Satin Pearl
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2015 BRZ Mask lines ?????

Hey Guys. New here and just bought a BRZ.......sorry if I am replying in wrong topic, BUT......
1st off, that Mesh Grille is exactly what I said Subaru should of had for an option. Sharp as Hell.......Great Job with the Photoshop... Do they sell a mesh Grille that will fit top to bottom with the stache lip......

. Also, to the person talking about mask lines, I know what you are talking about, but they are lines from protective wrap I believe they put on the car b4 it is transported.

I had them on my Roof and both front fenders. The guy at the Dealer said, we just detailed it up and it is ready to GO and I said, No u didn't.

U could not of detailed that with those lines on there. He said, the guys probably didn't even notice them.
No Lie, I said Dude, Andre Boccelli would slap your Detailer in the mouth if U told him that there were no lines.............

I thought it was a scratch when I first seen it on the front fender.................Also, they were going to Simonize the car with the lines still on it if I did not tell him....
Silk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Silk For This Useful Post:
Tristor (05-09-2018)
Old 05-07-2015, 12:20 AM   #157
Kiske

Drives: RX-7 / BRZ
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,081 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
Hey Guys. New here and just bought a BRZ.......sorry if I am replying in wrong topic, BUT......
1st off, that Mesh Grille is exactly what I said Subaru should of had for an option. Sharp as Hell.......Great Job with the Photoshop... Do they sell a mesh Grille that will fit top to bottom with the stache lip......
http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/gril...-brz-1491.html
Old 07-21-2015, 10:41 PM   #158
Silk

Drives: 2015 BRZ Satin Pearl
I just had my front Stache wrapped in White Carbon Fiber. Looks sharp as hell on my Satin Pearl BRZ. Also did my Front lip I bought and side skirts in White Carbon. I will shoot pics shortly. Getting White STR 514 18 inch put on right now.
White on white. Last car was black on black so did a 180.......
Silk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:25 AM   #159
cslntuee

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post

. Also, to the person talking about mask lines, I know what you are talking about, but they are lines from protective wrap I believe they put on the car b4 it is transported.

I had them on my Roof and both front fenders. The guy at the Dealer said, we just detailed it up and it is ready to GO and I said, No u didn't.

U could not of detailed that with those lines on there. He said, the guys probably didn't even notice them.
No Lie, I said Dude, Andre Boccelli would slap your Detailer in the mouth if U told him that there were no lines.............

I thought it was a scratch when I first seen it on the front fender.................Also, they were going to Simonize the car with the lines still on it if I did not tell him....
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90430

PM me, if you are interested.

Thanks.
cslntuee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:48 PM   #160
slava

Drives: brZed
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSOmegaX View Post
Cut em out entirely. Forman Performance did this mod on their project car awhile back. There's other pics of it floating around but usually they're too dark to tell the mustache was removed.

Any more pictures of this car from different angles? Please.
slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:51 PM   #161
DSOmegaX

Drives: '19 M2 Comp, '20 GR Supra
Thanked 2,153 Times in 986 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slava View Post

That's all I have. That car was put together when the car first came out so I doubt there's any additional images of it anymore

2019 BMW M2 Competition | LBB | ///M Performance Build Thread
2020 Toyota GR Supra | Turbulence | TRD | Build Thread
DSOmegaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:06 PM   #162
VIP BRZ

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
If anyone's interested, I recently modified my bumper by chopping out the slats under mustache and replacing it with a metal mesh.

VIP BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:47 AM   #163
hypebrz
IG: @HypeBRZ

Drives: Series.Hyperblue BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP BRZ View Post
If anyone's interested, I recently modified my bumper by chopping out the slats under mustache and replacing it with a metal mesh.

I'm very interested
Old 03-31-2016, 08:57 AM   #164
RichardsFRS

Drives: 2013 Pearl White 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
FRS has it but behind the waffles. It covers the real cras protection and its ugly as hell but now the Toyota 86 has it.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:33 PM   #165
VIP BRZ

Ill do a quick write up on my Bumper Mod, Cheep and dirty but i like how it came out. (cost me about $35)

First i did a quick mesh and cut of my mesh material (I literally used garden fencing from home depot)

Next i hacksawed out the grates, Leave the small plastic triangles in the corners.

Sand down the saw points smoothed out all the bumps and cut edges (this messed up the finish of the plastic on the bumper, but i plasti-dip'd the whole thing black covering this)

Drilled two holes on each side, Circled in red the locations i chose for my points. Both are really well hidden from sight at normal viewing angles of the car.

Attached the mesh using washers to hold it on. Quick plasti-dip job black to match. (I will probably re-do this in black paint, the plasti-dip didn't mask well and peeled in places)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VIP BRZ For This Useful Post:
BWilky (03-31-2016), hypebrz (03-31-2016), Lynxis (03-31-2016), slava (03-31-2016)
Old 04-02-2016, 10:10 PM   #166
fawx

Drives: '13 BRZ
Don't do this to your bumper or try until you understand that the car in the picture does not have the crash support beam behind the front bumper... They have taken it out. Which I would not suggest driving around without... seeing as the bumper is essentially only there to mask the crash beam (no structural support for safety). The way the front of the BRZ is designed is to cave in the crash beam directly in the center if you have frontal impact (the bumper will flex and should be undamaged). IE, like having a broken/bent steel beam behind a reasonably unharmed plastic bumper. I am afraid if you hit anything with your BRZ without that crash beam (anything over 10 mph) you will destroy your engine/mechanicals that are pre-firewall.

But it would look sick as F**k with a huge intercooler in that gaping maw wouldn't it. ;P

Quote:
Attached Images

fawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:07 PM   #167
slava

Drives: brZed
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I'm considering just pulling apart the grill portion below the mouthguard. Looks good without any grill or mesh I think.
slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:14 PM   #168
VIP BRZ

Quote:
I'm considering just pulling apart the grill portion below the mouthguard. Looks good without any grill or mesh I think.
Yea i'm thinking about removing the grill and run just open mouth, i keep having to fish leaves and junk out of the grill.

Doesn't quite "Pull Apart" it would involves some cutting.