follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 11-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
FlyingFool
Brian

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 6-Spd Manual
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Heard a very weird noise today

My car has 1800 miles on it. I had the Traction Control off, came up to a left hand turn, downshifted into second and nailed the throttle. The tail swung out for a split second and "corrected". I accelerated in second and then hit 3rd and back off (coming up to my housing communitity). At this point I heard some of the weirdest noises that distressed me... It sounded like a rotor was damaged or rubbing like a twig or stick got caught in the rotor.. it came and went for a few seconds, and also some other whirling noises that I've never heard before. I continued to slow down (to about 20 MPH) and it continued to make noises... then it stopped. And everything seemed fine. (I drove around another 2 miles or so because it was so disturbing I wasn't sure WHAT HAPPENED!

Was this the traction control system? The limited slip making noises? It didn't sound good.
FlyingFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
ILoveMyFR-S

Drives: FR-S Raven
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Did you ever find out what it was? Having problems with rotor rubbing over here
ILoveMyFR-S is offline   Reply With Quote