follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 04-04-2017, 10:28 PM   #1
Natheria
Overlord

Drives: SWP 13 BRZ, 94 Miata
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
What about OZ Ultraleggera 17x8.0 +40??

I apologize if someone has already discussed this before, but i can't seem to find any information at all on the +40mm offset version of these wheels. I'm going to be buying a set a new wheels very soon to replace my stock wheels (it's a good time for me since i have to replace my haggard Hankook Ventus v12s anyway) and fell in love with the Ultraleggeras .
I came across these on Tirerack but i haven't been able to find any other discussion here on these. Does anyone have any info or thoughts on them/anyone using this offset at all? Any confirmed pics? Why i should get them or the +35? I've been going back and forth in my head between either these or the +35's. I'm primarilly focused on an OEM+ setup right now that's very flush or a tad under and hate not having good comparison pics between the two. I'm also currently on stock camber/suspension but will be swapping out to STI pink springs in a few weeks.
Tirerack link for +40 is below (ignore the 325i/jetta in the links, it's a Tirerack "feature" ). I'd greatly appreciate anything you guys have!

+40
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...t+Silver+Paint

+35
Old 04-04-2017, 11:21 PM   #2
SleeBrzz

Drives: 2013 Subaru Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I think I can help a little on this, I just put on a set of OZ Ultraleggera's on my brz, the specs are 17x8 +48 with a 245/45/17 tire. the only issue I have run into is slight rubbing on the front sway bar when i turn the last 5% of full lock. As for the look mine are sunken in a bit and not so much "flush" but its the same offset as oem wheels so it looks similar. I would think if you were to get the 17x8 +40 it would be a good fit.
SleeBrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:17 AM   #3
Vital

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natheria View Post
I apologize if someone has already discussed this before, but i can't seem to find any information at all on the +40mm offset version of these wheels. I'm going to be buying a set a new wheels very soon to replace my stock wheels (it's a good time for me since i have to replace my haggard Hankook Ventus v12s anyway) and fell in love with the Ultraleggeras .
I came across these on Tirerack but i haven't been able to find any other discussion here on these. Does anyone have any info or thoughts on them/anyone using this offset at all? Any confirmed pics? Why i should get them or the +35? I've been going back and forth in my head between either these or the +35's. I'm primarilly focused on an OEM+ setup right now that's very flush or a tad under and hate not having good comparison pics between the two. I'm also currently on stock camber/suspension but will be swapping out to STI pink springs in a few weeks.
Tirerack link for +40 is below (ignore the 325i/jetta in the links, it's a Tirerack "feature" ). I'd greatly appreciate anything you guys have!

+40

+35
There is a thread for these wheels already.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65113

Apparently they have stopped making these wheels in 17x8 +35. But to answer you question the 17x8 +40 will fit but a +35 would be more flush.

EDIT: Ah yes, i missed the bolt pattern. OP you need 5x100 bolt pattern wheels

Last edited by Vital; 04-05-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:29 AM   #4
SG02WRX

Drives: SWP WRX HATCHBACK
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
+40 Would not fit, wrong bolt pattern.
SG02WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:07 PM   #5
Natheria
Overlord

Drives: SWP 13 BRZ, 94 Miata
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Oh shoot, my bad. Thanks for pointing that out guys! Sorry about the bad post.