follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 07-01-2020, 01:17 AM   #1
Bread1

Drives: Scion Frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
4ohm door speakers ok?

I want to replace the door subs for some 43DSC6504 KICKER 6.5-Inch (160-165mm) Coaxial Speakers, 4-Ohm will this sound fine with the stock amp, I currently have a sub in the truck so I don’t really need the subs in the doors and just want some extra sound.
Bread1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:34 AM   #2
LimitedSlip
Senior Citizen Member

Drives: Then-1977 Celica GT Now-2017 860SE
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Those speakers will electrically work okay (they may not be quite as loud as factory) but I have no idea how they will sound to your ears. I believe the factory door amp has a low pass filter built in to it so there probably won't be any high frequencies coming out of the door speakers, coax or not.

Just an FYI, the factory door speakers are 2 ohm units which are not common. I don't think anyone has found an aftermarket speaker that is identical to the factory units in dimension and impedance. So if you are going to keep the factory door amp, using a 4 ohm replacement speaker that physically fits is about the best you can do. Also, here is a little more info about how the door speakers are wired:

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...7&postcount=35

Last edited by LimitedSlip; 07-01-2020 at 10:46 AM.
LimitedSlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:49 PM   #3
Bread1

Drives: Scion Frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedSlip View Post
Those speakers will electrically work okay (they may not be quite as loud as factory) but I have no idea how they will sound to your ears. I believe the factory door amp has a low pass filter built in to it so there probably won't be any high frequencies coming out of the door speakers, coax or not.

Just an FYI, the factory door speakers are 2 ohm units which are not common. I don't think anyone has found an aftermarket speaker that is identical to the factory units in dimension and impedance. So if you are going to keep the factory door amp, using a 4 ohm replacement speaker that physically fits is about the best you can do. Also, here is a little more info about how the door speakers are wired:

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...7&postcount=35
Thanks bro I’m just gonna try and see what it’s like if it’s not decent I’ll just return and unplug them all together.
Bread1 is offline   Reply With Quote