follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-01-2021, 01:48 AM   #15
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Glad you’re ok man. That sucks.

The crumple zones on these cars are great. Downside is that if this was minor the crumply bits cost are a bunch to fix.
Old 05-01-2021, 02:59 AM   #16
ampjunkie808

Drives: 2014 brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for the kind words guys.

I even hesitated just for few seconds before i started to go. I honestly didn't see the truck until it was right on top of me. She was flying.

The body shop said it would take 12k to get it back together. the body was twisted. the car would not start or turn on after the wreck. no idea why??? I would have kept the car if it would have started back up. The whiteline front sway bar end link was ripped out of the coilover...

I bought it from copart totaled around may of 2019. It needed and passenger quarter panel, inner fender, front fender, front bumper, rear bumper,trunk,hood,front crash bar and a headlight.

I did all the body work. replaced the quarter panel, inner fender well and brace. Removed the rear window and side glass. Did all the body work and painted it. Put the car back together and started buying parts
isc coilovers
isc real lower control arms.
adjustable toe bars
seibon carbon fiber hood.

whiteline front and rear sway bars, end links-not installed

grouppe s header-not installed

isr overpipe-not installed
advid 18"wheels.

openflash tablet
brand new frs front bumper to replace cracked original brz
165.00 weighted shifter(cant remember the name)

weather tech floor liners
2017 tails
mishimoto aluminum radiator
TRD cold air intake
Crawford performance 275 oil catch can
grimspeed engine cover
greddy magnetic oil drain
carbon fiber trunk duck bill
carbon fiber rear bumper cover

i bought so much shit i forget.. I still have parts laying around i never got a chance to install.

I have about 50 pictures from start to almost finished and ready for the road.
carbon fiber hood and trunk was a wrap. real carbon hood and blue trunk was put on after the inspection
https://imgur.com/gallery/gFXdJaB

100"s of hours down the drain.......

The next project is an Hyundai Genesis coupe 2.0t rspec.6 speed manual with 56k miles. Black with red leather interior.

It has been hit lightly in the front.
Needs Passenger fender,hood,front bumper,passenger headlight.

Im going to change the front end back to the first generation.

Ive almost got all the parts and paint. Just waiting on a few things to show up.
Pic looks worse than it actually is. no frame damage runs and drives perfect. Other than the bumper dragging the ground..
ampjunkie808 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ampjunkie808 For This Useful Post:
bcj (05-01-2021)
Old 05-02-2021, 05:53 PM   #17
Nik33615

Drives: 2013 FR-S MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
How does a person get car insurance without a drivers license?
Nik33615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 06:06 PM   #18
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik33615 View Post
How does a person get car insurance without a drivers license?
You can pretty easily purchase and license a car without a license. It is not a legal requirement to have a driver's license to insure a car either, although most 1st tier insurance companies will require someone on the policy to have a license. Technically, you are insuring the car, not the driver, so it is possible.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 06:32 PM   #19
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampjunkie808 View Post
I was setting at a 4 way light in the turning lane. I was first in line....

Light gives me the green arrow.... I slap the car in first and pull out in to the intersection.... AND BOOOOM. All i see was a full size GMC truck grille at my driver side window.

Air bag hits me in the face, Slings my right hand past my head. Seat belt grabs me , car immediately dies. my head hits the door panel along with my left leg, i get spun around 180 degrees from where i was. im now pointing in the opposite direction i was traveling with a truck pinning my door shut...

I'm so freaking pissed i couldn't see straight. Lawyer Time!

Idiot illegal immigrant/undocumented worker girl with no drivers license. she had insurance though..

R.I.P. to my 2014 Subaru BRZ. I didn't get to drive the car for only 4 months. Only had 24k miles on her. destroyed it bad. Almost could have killed me if she would have hit me straight in the door. Front wheel took the force of the hit. the cars body was twisted...

Sucks but i'm gonna comment on the bolded part too.

There are idiotic drivers everywhere. A normal older white guy (american citizen and older meaning someone you think knows how to drive) backed into my parked car at work, didn't leave a note, though it pretty obvious he knew what happened because he paused, and then continued driving away.

I saw him many times after the fact when I'd park or leave work, and he'd see me, and no apology ever.

So basically, your extra comment is useless.

Anyway, sorry for your loss and hope insurance gets you a good return to buy a new one.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
alex87f (05-04-2021), Plumbus (05-05-2021), therealstoly (05-02-2021), Ultramaroon (05-05-2021)
Old 05-02-2021, 08:55 PM   #20
ampjunkie808

Drives: 2014 brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
Sucks but i'm gonna comment on the bolded part too.

There are idiotic drivers everywhere. A normal older white guy (american citizen and older meaning someone you think knows how to drive) backed into my parked car at work, didn't leave a note, though it pretty obvious he knew what happened because he paused, and then continued driving away.

I saw him many times after the fact when I'd park or leave work, and he'd see me, and no apology ever.

So basically, your extra comment is useless.

Anyway, sorry for your loss and hope insurance gets you a good return to buy a new one.

Thanks. I did get paid for the car. But not enough to replace it even though it was paid off

My original post only said "idiot Hispanic girl without a drivers license hit me" . The next poster complained about me saying something about her ethnicity, so i changed it to what it is says now. which is still the truth.

Yes i know there are idiot drivers everywhere. You getting hit buy an idiot white guy is exactly what i was saying

should i change it back to "idiot Hispanic girl hit me " ? Or female with light brown skin,had no drivers license ,speaks no English,doesn't know what a red traffic light means smashed my car. Still the truth and i can't help it if that hurts some people feelings.

Let me run a red light and total your BRZ FRS GT86 and i will become the "Idiot white guy" that smashed my car i put 1000's of dollars into.Especially if you built the car and didn't buy it already built .

That doesn't make me superior to everybody else just because i said the ethnicity of a person who done something wrong.

I can't believe that me posting about my car getting totaled would end up with me being scolded about describing the persons ethnicity who smashed my car.

I'm pretty sure a guy posted on here about his red FRS getting totaled by an old white guy driving a van, running a red light and nobody said a damn thing about him saying the "old white guy" smashed his car.
ampjunkie808 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ampjunkie808 For This Useful Post:
Jdmjunkie (05-02-2021)
Old 05-02-2021, 09:37 PM   #21
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks. I did get paid for the car. But not enough to replace it even though it was paid off

My original post only said "idiot Hispanic girl without a drivers license hit me" . The next poster complained about me saying something about her ethnicity, so i changed it to what it is says now. which is still the truth.

Yes i know there are idiot drivers everywhere. You getting hit buy an idiot white guy is exactly what i was saying

should i change it back to "idiot Hispanic girl hit me " ? Or female with light brown skin,had no drivers license ,speaks no English,doesn't know what a red traffic light means smashed my car. Still the truth and i can't help it if that hurts some people feelings.

Let me run a red light and total your BRZ FRS GT86 and i will become the "Idiot white guy" that smashed my car i put 1000's of dollars into.Especially if you built the car and didn't buy it already built .

That doesn't make me superior to everybody else just because i said the ethnicity of a person who done something wrong.

I can't believe that me posting about my car getting totaled would end up with me being scolded about describing the persons ethnicity who smashed my car.

I'm pretty sure a guy posted on here about his red FRS getting totaled by an old white guy driving a van, running a red light and nobody said a damn thing about him saying the "old white guy" smashed his car.
My point, as was probably most everyone else’s, is that the gender/ethnicity don’t and shouldn’t matter.

As in, my comment including that it was a white dude added nothing to the actual event occurring and proved any type of person can be an idiot.

So my final point was you could’ve left both descriptions out entirely and your story of the incident would’ve been totally sufficient.

Glad you’re ok and willing to learn!
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
daiheadjai (05-02-2021), Jordanwolf (05-04-2021), Plumbus (05-05-2021), therealstoly (05-02-2021), Ultramaroon (05-05-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 03:10 PM   #22
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

I was just trying to give you some friendly advice, wasn't a complaint. I ain't even Hispanic

Imagine I go to Nashville and call the person that totals my car some backwater sleep with cousin trailer trash, obvious knock on country folk. It might be the truth, but it adds little to what actually happened and would just be a poor show of character, but hey, it's the internet right; I expect the pitch fork gang to come to my aid with their ghost outfits and lynch gear.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
alex87f (05-04-2021), daiheadjai (05-05-2021), Plumbus (05-05-2021), spike021 (05-04-2021), Tcoat (05-04-2021), Ultramaroon (05-05-2021), YamahaR86 (05-06-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 08:35 PM   #23
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:

i guess the real question i have is, was she actually a immigrant/undocumented worker girl from information obtained afterwards, or are you just projecting how many people feel about hispanics? because there is a difference. and it's unnecessary information that doesn't improve anything for the reality of the situation except furthering one's mindset against a specific group of people they already had negative opinions of.

my 4 month old brz was totaled by a black chick blowing a stop sign. but that last sentence is the only place you'll ever see me reference her race, because the reality is that her race, or personal situation was not the cause of the accident that cost me $10k and 2 months of headache.

the end reality is someone made a mistake that cost me something. i'd seen dozens of different people blowing that stop sign in the past. white people, black people, old people, young people.. but that day, i expected her to stop and she didn't. she made a mistake, same as dozens of other people before her had, and i made a mistake trusting someone to not make a mistake. the only difference about that day was that i was the one that ended up paying for it.

daiheadjai (05-05-2021), Plumbus (05-05-2021), spike021 (05-05-2021), Tcoat (05-04-2021), Ultramaroon (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 05:05 PM   #24
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,519 Times in 18,920 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Old 05-05-2021, 05:42 PM   #25
Celica00

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
OP sorry for your loss, especially the physical therapy. Hope there are no long lasting symptoms.

My observation is if you want to talk mess about someone, sticking to their mental fortitude alone and not their physical features or ethnicity seem to be the acceptable method.

Calling someone an idiot, cool. American idiot, not so cool. Unless you're Green Day.
Celica00 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celica00 For This Useful Post:
daiheadjai (05-08-2021), soundman98 (05-06-2021)