follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 03-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
mankarn86

Drives: 2007 Altima 3.5 SE 6sp
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2 car setup...feasible?

Hey fellow canucks!

Question for you guys...any of you planning on buying a cheap DD/winter beater to prolong the life of your BRZ/FRS? I currently drive 120 km a day to work and back and would rather not run the milage on a brand new car this nice. I've heard some people say a two car setup can hose u pretty bad considering it's basically double the maintenance cost etc....have any of you guys tried it? How did you find the costs?
mankarn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
Jehuty77

Drives: AE86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have 3 cars, If you maintain them properly it wont hit you that bad, if you neglect them you'll eventually be left kicking yourself.
Jehuty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
Want.FR-S

Drives: 4 Wheels Auto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
It really depends on your choice. If you need to drive 120km for work during business days, get a cheap but reliable car for that purpose and save the BRZ/FRS for weekend enjoyment. You might be able to negotiate a weekend-usage only with your insurance agent to lower the premium. From what I gather, the rate may be different if you the car for driving to work over long distance or just weekend drive.

I believe you are not the only one who think this, but definite the first one. Just keep in mind that if you keep multiple cars just need to take good care of those.
Want.FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:00 AM   #4
azian_advanced
*****istrator

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10-Series M/T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
i'm waiting for my 1995 GT-Four to arrive from Japan which I'll be using for the winter and would leave the BRZ for the summer. But with all this talk of an upcoming STI version, I would rather wait for the STI than simply jump on the 1st oppurtunity of owning a BRZ.

Although I'm not afraid to use a FR vehicle in the winter months as I've been driving an 02 IS300 5spd this winter, but i think the GT-Four will be much more fun to drive in the snow.
azian_advanced is offline   Reply With Quote