follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > EUROPE

User Tag List

Old 12-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #57
SL

Drives: S2000
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
another to the list, ordered mine Saturday.
expecting a bill of around 30k.. :-/

estimating base price of 25/26k
+500 for touch and go
+1000 for heated leather seats (although i believe its actually half leather half alcantara?)
+1000 for the pearlescent paint (white)
+1500 for the paddle shifters [refusing to call it an auto! ]

the bill could get a little scary if TRD release some optional extras before i pick it up!.. although i expect there to be good residual value in the car
SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:43 AM   #58
Craikeybaby

Drives: Mazda MX-5 NC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
So are Toyota UK actually taking orders?

I thought that Toyota had said that there was only going to be one option in the UK, the auto box?
Craikeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:29 AM   #59
ft86cbx

Drives: FT86 (Soon)
I think its just a case of dealers letting you put a deposit down to secure a place when the order book is released.

Toyota aren't taking orders from dealers at this point. They can't as we don't even have a price or a UK spec yet...
ft86cbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:33 AM   #60
Lauren

Drives: 1985 AE86, 2013 GT86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craikeybaby View Post
So are Toyota UK actually taking orders?

I thought that Toyota had said that there was only going to be one option in the UK, the auto box?
No, definitely manual box for UK market. I don't think anyone would buy if it was only offered with the autobox!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:52 AM   #61
ajc209

Drives: GT86 Cosworth
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Im expecting £500 for sat nav upgrade, £1500 for heated leather seats and probably £700 for metallic orange. I expect it'll be around £28 for that lot.

Looks like it gonigto come very well kitted out for the UK version. not that it matters, but for that price it should be!
ajc209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:55 AM   #62
SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft86cbx View Post
I think its just a case of dealers letting you put a deposit down to secure a place when the order book is released.

Toyota aren't taking orders from dealers at this point. They can't as we don't even have a price or a UK spec yet...
not sure? but i def have my order number.. I sat there with them and went through the order system and added my options (colour - 37J /trim etc).
there were no prices at the end but my order is in.

the spec sheet was there aswell as thats what i went through with the dealer.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:55 AM   #63
Craikeybaby

Drives: Mazda MX-5 NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
No, definitely manual box for UK market. I don't think anyone would buy if it was only offered with the autobox!
What I meant was that I'd heard that the only option on the options list was going to be auto, it would come with everything else already! I'd certainly be back down the Mazda dealer if I couldn't get a manual on the GT86!

However, from what SL has posted, it looks like touch and go, heated seats and navi are going to be extras. Which suits me fine!

I'd go for the leather and probably the touch and go (my test car from work last year being keyless, its strange going back to having a key).

SL - Did they mention other options that were available? The one that Toyta had in for their dealers last week was fully loaded (heated leather/keyless/navi/cruise control).
Craikeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:02 AM   #64
SL

Nope they didnt mention any other extras but will let me know as soon as anything more comes in (i've asked to be kept informed re:TRD).

Its a bit confusing with the name, but the keyless entry is all standard! (smart entry/push button start) - the "touch and go" refers to the upgraded audio/sat nav - like what's in the new Yaris (
) ..

if you go for the heated leather you get an option of either black or red.
But i'm sure the upgrade is heated seats and half alcantara + leather (which may explain why the leather trim option came up with black or red - i chose black and the order system then showed > option selected : black [code], black [code] ... assume it may be black leather middle, black alcantara sides for the two different codes, rather than a 2 tone black leather seat!?, but my dealer didnt know anything about that anyway so will just wait and see.

Rather nice of them they did give me a poster ! - one of the big "FT-86 Concept II" posters from the showroom which was really nice of em.. i guess no longer needed as will be replaced with GT86 posters now. Going to frame it and hang it in the garage next to the GT86 when it arrives
Old 12-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #65
ft86cbx

Drives: FT86 (Soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL View Post
not sure? but i def have my order number.. I sat there with them and went through the order system and added my options (colour - 37J /trim etc).
there were no prices at the end but my order is in.

the spec sheet was there aswell as thats what i went through with the dealer.

Cool. If nothing else I guess we now have an on sale date of July 2012 according to your sheet. Before we just had spring 2012.
ft86cbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #66
SL

Yeah i think July may be worst case/cover your back type date.
The toyota garage i bought from said "hopefully June"
Old 12-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #67
cossey

Drives: Reanult Megane R26
My order is in too. Black, manual, leather (they didnt mention red/black though) there was some confusion on the ordering system as they didnt know if it was half or full leather and the sales manager wanted to make sure that I was happy etc.

The dealer has order a demo car so mine will be the second car they get.

It did feel wierd ordering a car with no confirmed spec especially given the size of the deposit.
cossey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:59 AM   #68
Nerfie

Drives: Yaris SR 1.8
I'm incredibly jealous of you guys!

Unfortunately, with an estimated release price of £25k + It's outta my price league for a couple more years.

Please be sure to keep us updated though of your order process and any more options, even if I can't afford one yet, I'm still quite enthusiastic about Toyota returning to it's sporty line up of cars.
Nerfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:23 AM   #69
coanda

Drives: AW11SC, R57 MCS and 996C2
For me, this is all going to come down to whether Toyota UK are going to keep to the base philosophy of this car - which for me is a car that you can truly make your own. I think Toyota JP agree with me on that front.

If Toyota UK are not going to embrace that idea, and not offer the same options as other markets and at believable prices, I'll be waiting until they reach half RRP before picking one up and going shopping in Japan.

I have my doubts about this considering Toyota UK's current line up and where they seem to be putting themselves in the market. Which is why I want to be sure about it. So, unfortunately that means I won't be an early adopter, because I'll be looking at the supercharged car with many TRD options. I could buy a base spec car from the dealership and upgrade it myself over time, and in some senses, I would prefer to go this way, but for warranty purposes on a new car, I can't do it.

I went into one of my local Toyota Dealerships yesterday and I think there were two members of staff there. The guy that came out of his office to chat didn't know anything about the car other than what's been in the magazines and that he's expecting to see them in June.

I realise I should manage my expectations and I know I'm spoilt, because I'd just been to pick up my 911 from it's MOT, and its a vastly different experience over there!

Cheers,

Coanda
coanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #70
Nerfie

Drives: Yaris SR 1.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by coanda View Post

I realise I should manage my expectations and I know I'm spoilt, because I'd just been to pick up my 911 from it's MOT, and its a vastly different experience over there!

Cheers,

Coanda
Did you go to the dealership near patchway? out of interest, are you someone that also has the original Yaris 1.5 T-sport?
Nerfie is offline   Reply With Quote