follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
chase7687

Drives: 1991 civic si
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Scion FR-S/Toyota GT86 TRD-------Subaru BRZ STI

I recently saw the first commercial for the FR-S and was instantly a fan. I started scouring the web for everything I could find out about this amazing car. So far I've seen the Subaru BRZ Sti concept but have yet to see a FR-S counterpart. Looks like Toyota Japan will be releasing a TRD 86 that looks amazing, but I'm not sure it will have any power train upgrades like forced induction. So my question is.... Will Scion offer a TRD/sporty upgraded version of the FR-S? Also will the Subaru BRZ Sti be an available USDM buy? I really would like to buy one of these amazing machines eventually but i don't wana jump the gun and just buy the first one that hits the market. I would rather wait and get one of the upgraded versions like the Sti concept. Any info will be much appreciated.
chase7687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
5hairpins

Drives: 2013 MT Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
As far as I know, it is all speculation. I have seen a Toyota Japan parts list with the TRD Supercharger with a TBD date. Scion does their release series cars and that would likely be where it comes to the US.
5hairpins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chase7687 View Post
I recently saw the first commercial for the FR-S and was instantly a fan. I started scouring the web for everything I could find out about this amazing car. So far I've seen the Subaru BRZ Sti concept but have yet to see a FR-S counterpart. Looks like Toyota Japan will be releasing a TRD 86 that looks amazing, but I'm not sure it will have any power train upgrades like forced induction. So my question is.... Will Scion offer a TRD/sporty upgraded version of the FR-S? Also will the Subaru BRZ Sti be an available USDM buy? I really would like to buy one of these amazing machines eventually but i don't wana jump the gun and just buy the first one that hits the market. I would rather wait and get one of the upgraded versions like the Sti concept. Any info will be much appreciated.
FYI STI BRZ is same concept as TRD 86. Just parts added to it. There's no actual "STI" ver to it.

As for FR-S, don't expect TRD ver to come to US. Scion was clear that, they'll be making their own TRD ver. That's why TRD muffler for JDM & USDM are different
Old 06-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
chase7687

[QUOTE=ichitaka05;287625]FYI STI BRZ is same concept as TRD 86. Just parts added to it. There's no actual "STI" ver to it.

As for FR-S, don't expect TRD ver to come to US. Scion was clear that, they'll be making their own TRD ver. That's why TRD muffler for JDM & USDM are different[/QUOTE

Is that a BRZ or an FR-S in your tag? Thats a sick looking bodykit and spoiler too.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
Shevon

Drives: Accord Coupe
IMO scion's release series frs will be the Nur spec kit give or take the huge wing. Toyota will most like keep the "better" TRD kit for the rest of the world just to piss us off. But I would be cool with the Nur kit too
Old 06-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
[quote=chase7687;289218]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
FYI STI BRZ is same concept as TRD 86. Just parts added to it. There's no actual "STI" ver to it.

As for FR-S, don't expect TRD ver to come to US. Scion was clear that, they'll be making their own TRD ver. That's why TRD muffler for JDM & USDM are different[/QUOTE

Is that a BRZ or an FR-S in your tag? Thats a sick looking bodykit and spoiler too.
It's a BRZ w photoshopped here & there other STi/STI parts from the pass
Old 07-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #7
chase7687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevon View Post
IMO scion's release series frs will be the Nur spec kit give or take the huge wing. Toyota will most like keep the "better" TRD kit for the rest of the world just to piss us off. But I would be cool with the Nur kit too
well if toyota decides to do this technically you will still be able to instal the TRD kit on the scion. They're all the same car minus a few interchangeable parts. Like if i were to buy a BRZ I would change out those front fender emblems with the 86 one from the Toyota., and i think it would be cool to have the 86 steering wheel too.