follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 02-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #71
Do Boy
Turbo FR-S

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Do Boy Send a message via AIM to Do Boy Send a message via MSN to Do Boy Send a message via Yahoo to Do Boy
Who they hell is blaming who for rushing? I just said I threw code.
Do Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #72
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Boy View Post
Orthow.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
Mr.Jay (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #73
Do Boy
Turbo FR-S

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Do Boy Send a message via AIM to Do Boy Send a message via MSN to Do Boy Send a message via Yahoo to Do Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
Orthow.
Ohhh ok.

Well on a completely different side note. I was able to throw in on Inline Racing's dyno today. It made 184whp and 187whp after a reset. Seems like your dyno is a wee bit higher than ours. Guess If I want that number I got keep dynoing on your guys dyno!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:51 AM   #74
sierra

Drives: Skoda Yeti DSG diesel 4x4
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Yes Orthow and you thanked him/her for the post.
sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:56 AM   #75
Do Boy
Turbo FR-S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra View Post
Yes Orthow and you thanked him/her for the post.
They had the car for 24 hours. I don't feel like that was rushing them. Which is why no one said anything about rushing. If they felt they need more than that than that is them. The car has an Intake and header. Don't really believe a week is needed IMHO.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:44 AM   #76
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
No need for a bitchfest they offered to fix the issue if it relates to what they did and to let you know the issue if it wasn't caused by them

What more can you want?

Thanks for the info. The op was well laid out and explained a lot
MaXimus (03-12-2014), sierra (02-08-2013), Sportsguy83 (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #77
Do Boy
Turbo FR-S

Garage
Well first of all I wasn't bitching. And if you were to bitch. How about this. The tuner set his laptop right on top of my roof not once but twice. Left a scratch that I can't buff out! Is that fair for bitchness? Rode my clutch and burnt it a little going up the dyno? Its a stock clutch they have a FRS so they should be use to it. Is that fair for bitchness? I never complained once about anything bad. I just said I threw a code. Codes that I have never thrown before. So I bought it up. So if everyone is going to start saying I'm complaining. Rushing bitching when Im not. How about I start then and actually give reasons why I'm bitching? Who's going to pay for the scratch on my roof? No one? I'm I going to make them? No I'm not. But those would be reasons why I'm "bitching" now.

Last edited by Do Boy; 02-08-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #78
Illusive

Drives: 2005 Subaru STi
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Well first of all I wasn't bitching. And if you were to bitch. How about this. The tuner set his laptop right on top of my roof not once but twice. Left a scratch that I can't buff out! Is that fair for bitchness? Rode my clutch and burnt it a little going up the dyno? Its a stock clutch they have a FRS so they should be use to it. Is that fair for bitchness? I never complained once about anything bad. I just said I threw a code. Codes that I have never thrown before. So I bought it up. So if everyone is going to start saying I'm complaining. Rushing bitching when Im not. How about I start then and actually give reasons why I'm bitching? Who's going to pay for the scratch on my roof? No one? I'm I going to make them? No I'm not. But those would be reasons why I'm "bitching" now.
Again, please bring the car by and we will be happy to fix any issues that we caused. We want all our customers 100% satisfied, and it's terribly obvious that you are not.

Please also note that your bride racing seats do not allow a normal seating position for anyone who weighs more than 90 lbs, and it made sitting in your car extremely difficult, that in turn made operating the clutch a unique experience.
Illusive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Illusive For This Useful Post:
MaXimus (03-12-2014)
Old 02-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #79
Do Boy
Turbo FR-S

Garage
I'm 202lbs and daily. And that might have been the issue with the clutch and that's fine if you aren't use to the seat. But there is no excuse for the scratch on my roof.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #80
Boosted2.0

Drives: 13 FR-S, 00 Spyder&Celica, 08 Tundr
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Do Boy:

I appologize for any issues you may have had with our service. Please feel free to bring the car back and we will be happy to resolve any issues we created. I have attempted to contact you to address the issue, however you refused to leave us your phone number and told Jason we had to contact you through your Boss at Inline Racing. I have tried to do so and I have not received a return call. I am not sure if you got the message or not, but I wanted you to know that I did attempt to contact you immediately when Jason told me about your issuse so I could offer to rectify the situation.

I do think perhaps we should stop trying to communicate about this online however - it seems like there is tension being created where none should exist. We have not complained about you or accused you of anything - we were simply responding to a forum poster who was being a bit rude. We will be happy to look at the car and diagnose your issue which may or may not have anything at all to do with the tune. I will also be happy to look at the scratch which we allegedly caused and if it is our fault we will get that handled as well.

My number is (832) 421-7422

This is the last myself or any of my staff will say on this issue until we get the vehicle in to examine.
Boosted2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boosted2.0 For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #81
Do Boy
Turbo FR-S

Garage
First I didn't refuse my phone number. Don't put words in my mouth. It just came up easier to contact my Tuner Huy if any problems arouse. Second you DID cause the scratch there was no if and or but about it. But I do agree this was escalated by forum posters that have nothing to do with this situation.

I'll have my tuner contact you and keep this offline.

Last edited by Do Boy; 02-08-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #82
Boosted2.0

Drives: 13 FR-S, 00 Spyder&Celica, 08 Tundr
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
First I didn't refuse my phone number. Don't put words in my mouth. It just came up easier to contact my Tuner Huy if any problems arouse. Second you DID cause the scratch there was no if and or but about it. But I do agree this was escalated by forum posters that have nothing to do with this situation.

I'll have my tuner contact you and keep this offline.
I appologize if my information is incorrect or if Refused was not the right word.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Boosted2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #83
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
GOD.. the world of customer service can be made so difficult!!!
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
ScionOfHorus (11-26-2015), sierra (02-08-2013)