follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-08-2019, 04:59 PM   #43
Sgaldi

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yesterday some guy in a 328i with a annoyingly loud exhaust was revving on me at a light, but when it turned green I leaped in front of him then got far enough ahead to switch into his lane and get in the suicide lane to make a u-turn since I had passed my destination to play with him
Sgaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:29 PM   #44
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgaldi View Post
Like I said driver makes a huge difference...either your skilled at driving a stick or you good enough to get around town
Dude... you can drive as good as you want to. A faster car will still be faster.

Talking about driver mod like it will send this car in to another realm of performance. Jfc.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:12 PM   #45
Sgaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
Dude... you can drive as good as you want to. A faster car will still be faster.

Talking about driver mod like it will send this car in to another realm of performance. Jfc.
Cause the fiesta isn’t like insanely faster...and there are a lot of cars that are way slower than it...that’s what I’m saying...iv beat a lot of cars that I’ve seen people on here say the BRZ is slower than, I dunno maybe I got a special one from the factory ? Or maybe it’s cause the people saying it’s slower than said cars are the people making YouTube videos that clearly don’t know how to drive
Old 06-09-2019, 02:59 AM   #46
Lantanafrs2

Drives: 2013 frs red
Thanked 3,088 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Fiesta st is slower than 86. Might feel quicker but it's not. Both cars are slow. Pray for a tailwind
Lantanafrs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lantanafrs2 For This Useful Post:
gravitylover (06-10-2019), Summerwolf (06-09-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 07:35 AM   #47
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Quote:
Cause the fiesta isn’t like insanely faster...and there are a lot of cars that are way slower than it...that’s what I’m saying...iv beat a lot of cars that I’ve seen people on here say the BRZ is slower than, I dunno maybe I got a special one from the factory ? Or maybe it’s cause the people saying it’s slower than said cars are the people making YouTube videos that clearly don’t know how to drive
No... this is what you're saying.

Quote:
Those kinds of numbers are where the driver matters more ...I will smoke a auto Camry every time no doubt
Anyways, you talking like this makes me believe you're someone who cannot actually drive. What are you doing, stop light racing everyone you can??? 99% of those people aren't racing, guy. No one cares how quick you think your car is, you don't have a factory freak, come back to reality.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:41 AM   #48
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantanafrs2 View Post
Fiesta st is slower than 86. Might feel quicker but it's not. Both cars are slow. Pray for a tailwind
They have damn near identical straight line numbers (0-60 and 1/4) according to multiple sources. The first gen at least. Both these cars are slow, and I'm not even sure why this thread went down straight line performance.

Easily put the fiesta has a more accessible mid range which will make it feel and act quicker around town and in most circumstances. To get any power out of the brz or frs you're winding the motor out, and it's a little lazy getting there.

If it were between an auto twin or a manual fiesta, especially with the family concerns thrown in.... it seems like an obvious choice.

Last edited by Summerwolf; 06-09-2019 at 08:49 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summerwolf For This Useful Post:
Feistyfrog (06-09-2019), korhun (06-09-2019), Lantanafrs2 (06-09-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 08:43 AM   #49
Lantanafrs2

Drives: 2013 frs red
Thanked 3,088 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
These cars were designed for driving experience. They'll make you feel like a champ but you might notice that the scenery isn't going by that fast.
Lantanafrs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lantanafrs2 For This Useful Post:
korhun (06-09-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 08:56 AM   #50
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimofo View Post
You can either tolerate FWD or not. Personally, I don't give a shit what a magazine says; FWD always feels like ass. Anyone trying to compare the two on handling merits is fooling themselves.

That's cute you think that. Thankfully we have people that do this for a living that we can actually trust instead of listening to people like you.

The Fiesta ST has been named one of the best drivers cars period, by people that have actually driven all of them.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:10 AM   #51
Quasimofo

Drives: 2019 Series Gray BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
That's cute you think that. Thankfully we have people that do this for a living that we can actually trust instead of listening to people like you.

The Fiesta ST has been named one of the best drivers cars period, by people that have actually driven all of them.
FWD is trash.
Strap as many driver aids and diff tricks and special braking algorithms on it as you want, because you're gonna need 'em.
Quasimofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:04 AM   #52
Sgaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
No... this is what you're saying.

Anyways, you talking like this makes me believe you're someone who cannot actually drive. What are you doing, stop light racing everyone you can??? 99% of those people aren't racing, guy. No one cares how quick you think your car is, you don't have a factory freak, come back to reality.
I only play with people that rev their engines at me and want to race, so yes 100% of them were racing with me, and like I said there is no shortage of people wanting to jump the light with you in these cars so sometimes I like to have fun, and I couldnt care less if you think I can’t drive
Old 06-09-2019, 11:58 AM   #53
korhun
Database error

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 1,657 Times in 614 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
I have convinced my wife and decided to buy that Subaru BRZ. I've come to this decision not because I'm a RWD fan or I think I can beat every BMWs on every traffic lights with BRZ. I've come to this decision, because I want a car that I would respect. I respect the idea behind building the twins. I recommend everybody to watch the "Subaru BRZ Development Movie" videos.

FiST may be a better car, but I think Subaru BRZ is what I need. Thank you very much to everybody that share their thoughts.
korhun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to korhun For This Useful Post:
Feistyfrog (06-09-2019), NCtoBRZ (06-09-2019), ScoobsMcGee (06-10-2019), why? (06-10-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 12:12 PM   #54
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Quote:
I only play with people that rev their engines at me and want to race, so yes 100% of them were racing with me, and like I said there is no shortage of people wanting to jump the light with you in these cars so sometimes I like to have fun, and I couldnt care less if you think I can’t drive
K.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:19 AM   #55
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by korhun View Post
I'm thinking of buying a new car. These are my options:

Ford Fiesta ST Mk8 (with LSD option)

Subaru BRZ (automatic transmission, its the only option here)

I'm 1.84cm tall and around 122kg. Fat for these cars I know

I'll use it almost every day, mainly on low traffic areas, half nice village roads, half highway (autobahn.) (I make ~25000 km a year)

Cargo space and fuel consumption is important (... for my wife ... who rules the earth! )

I love karting and want a car that would give me some feelings like a go-kart does.

Winters are around 0 to -10 degree Celsius here, and it snows for a month or so, every year.

I'm not a fan of how FiST looks. I'm in love with Subaru BRZ. It gives me similar feelings when I look at a Ferrari 360 Modena. But I just want choose the one that I would have more fun while driving it.

It is impossible to have a test drive these cars in where I live. I haven't seen a Fiesta ST yet but sat inside a BRZ. Its driving position was really nice, but I would want the steering wheel could be extended more, I like it closer.

I don't have much experience on RWD cars, except karting. In driving simulations, I like to choose FWD cars more; and drifting is not my thing. However I like making some donuts when it snows.

I will not modify the car. I want to use it the way it is designed.

Any thoughts are very appreciated.

Get the focus, the new one look much better then the old one & it’s not even available in the state. If you are not gonna mod your car, you should get get the 86 especially an automatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chaoskaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:17 AM   #56
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimofo View Post
FWD is trash.
Strap as many driver aids and diff tricks and special braking algorithms on it as you want, because you're gonna need 'em.
your stupidity truly knows no bounds. Please keep shouting from the rooftops how absolutely moronic and clueless you are. We will all be here with popcorn ready to laugh at you.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote