follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 06-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
bryansbestwax

Drives: black suv
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
morgan +8 a rare one

This was a great car to do so work on. The owner loves his cars, he also has an award winning Mustang along with the Morgan +8. This car is quite rare for Canada, as there might be between 10 and 15 of these cars shipped from 1968 to 1994, when in 94 Morgan stopped whipping into Canada due to the fact they didn’t want to crash test a Morgan a year when they only sold 2 or 3 in total to Canada. This Morgan is a 1990 Morgan +8, it rocks an very beefy sounding 8 cylinder engine, for what is a fairly light car. The owner was looking for a general overall improvement of the paint, and after talking about what needed to be done, it was booked in for 2 days of paint correction. The process that was used will remain a secret with myself and the owner. I have to keep the competition guessing on some of the art in detailing.
To start, I washed the car with ONR, as it was very clean to begin with. Then I clayed the car, which was almost a waste of time, as there was nothing imbedded in the paint. The car was then washed a few more times as the correction of the paint took place.
I took care of the car in the garage, ensuring I wouldn’t contaminate my buffing pads with anything flying around in the air.

Not many Km’s on the clock.

A few quick shot of the defects in the paint

New MF mitt used sitting in ONR

Then started the fun of taping everything off

Yes, that’s a leather belt. It is used to ensure the hood panels don’t fly open at 120 mph

70 stamped out engine vents, means 70 pieces of tape to ensure that no polish or compounds get into the clean engine bay.

Taping took a little while as you can imagine.
bryansbestwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
bryansbestwax

Drives: black suv
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rear fender looking pretty marred

Fixed

Trunk looking not so hot either

Fender looking rather beat up

Fixed

All in a days work with single stage paint

Step rail in real rough shape

Fixed

Corner done

Different camera setting

On to the grunt work, hours of hand polishing the tough areas was needed

Like under the bumper
Around the lights

Hood scratches

fixed

Thought is would be a perfect fit, British wax on a British car

Sun shots

New custom build dash, MIG fighter jet clock, new chrome bezels for the gauges, and metal switches installed .

Engine looking awesome

Custom stainless, ceramic coated exhaust

I achieved way more than what the owner was looking for. I do believe he used the word awesome more than once in his emails.
Thanks for looking
bryansbestwax is offline   Reply With Quote