follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing)

Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) Everything related to the mechanical maintenance of the FR-S and BRZ

User Tag List

Old 08-29-2023, 10:42 AM   #29
Stevedave

Drives: 2013 Scion Frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
it wouldn't be condensation from running the a/c would it?

because speaking from experience, rain does not normally remove transmission fluid, or engine oil stains. at least anything less than torrential downpours resulting in at least 5-6" total rainfalls in less than 2 hours...
ItÂ’s not the a/c. I hardly use it as I donÂ’t drive the car unless itÂ’s nice enough to drive with the windows down. Also, my daily and another vehicle that we run AC in all the time doesnÂ’t stain the driveway or garage concrete like gear/engine oil would.

The driveway concrete is very porous and much easier to clean oil off compared to the garage concrete - not nearly as porous.

I noticed two new spots yesterday. It was parked in the street. I drove it all weekend without any leaking. This is really confusing. IÂ’m wondering if these spots form at startup. IÂ’ll have to monitor. The catback exhaust sometimes leaves water spots on startup, but evaporates quickly. Never there when I return from driving.
Stevedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 11:54 AM   #30
Stevedave

Also, last visit to the mechanic was on a day where it was 110 degrees and I used the AC. When it was on the lift the mechanic mentioned AC condensation. There was a large puddle on the ground and it was still dripping out of the hose. The puddle was much larger than IÂ’ve observed in comparison to our other two vehicles.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevedave For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (08-29-2023)
Old 09-07-2023, 03:44 PM   #31
Stevedave

I drove the car for 3.5 hrs straight and since then the car has been leaking much more. I suspect it’s not transmission fluid. Things have been hectic to say the least. Plan is to get it on stands in the garage, take lower panels off and do a full inspection. I’ll report findings and take pics
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevedave For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (09-07-2023)