follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Which jab have you had?
Pfizer 53 51.96%
Moderna 27 26.47%
Johnson & Johnson 6 5.88%
AstraZeneca 4 3.92%
Novavax 0 0%
Sputnik 1 0.98%
Convidecia 0 0%
Homebrew with a big dose of something special 11 10.78%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 08:14 PM   #575
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,240 Times in 8,609 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
I'm pretty sure that is not the case, but it could be the case. Anything is possible. It is entirely possible Idaho is harboring some of the best intellectual minds in medicine, and perhaps they have the most advanced facilities in the nation. Anything is possible. Maybe there is something in the potatoes.

California does have 5 hospitals in the top 20. Just saying.

1. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
2. Cleveland Clinic
3. Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
4. New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia and Cornell, New York, NY (tie)
4. UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles (tie)
6. Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
7. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles
8. UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco
9. NYU Langone Hospitals, New York, NY
10. Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago
11. University of Michigan Hospitals-Michigan Medicine, Ann Arbor
12. Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston
13. Stanford Health Care-Stanford Hospital, Palo Alto, California
14. Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
15. Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian, Philadelphia
16. Mayo Clinic-Phoenix
17. Rush University Medical Center, Chicago
18. Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Saint Louis (tie)
18. Keck Medical Center of USC, Los Angeles (tie)
20. Houston Methodist Hospital

https://www.usnews.com/info/blogs/pr...or-health-care
I'm sorry. I was just angry about my heath situation, a bit buzzed, and trying to get you to post stuff.

Ok, I did get get you to post stuff. Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (01-12-2021)
Old 01-12-2021, 09:21 PM   #576
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,513 Times in 18,917 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
I would definitely take a day or two. The first dose is nothing, and for some, the second might not be too bad, and honestly, this could have been something else, but I am pretty sure it was a strong side effect.

My temp now is 98.3, and I mostly just feel like hammered shit like hungover/dehydrated and still weak and sore, but improving rapidly. Definitely worth it.
But still no superpowers. Fuck that bullshit. India's working on one. Imma hold out and check with my Hyderabad bro's.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:14 PM   #577
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Just got off the phone with the parents. Sounds like my grandfather should be scheduled to get his first dose on Friday.

Sadly, there still exists no vaccine or cure for dementia.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
bcj (01-13-2021), Dadhawk (01-13-2021), humfrz (01-13-2021), Spuds (01-12-2021), Ultramaroon (01-12-2021)
Old 01-12-2021, 10:56 PM   #578
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,146 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
Just got off the phone with the parents. Sounds like my grandfather should be scheduled to get his first dose on Friday.

Sadly, there still exists no vaccine or cure for dementia.
Mine got his first dose last week I think.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
spike021 (01-12-2021)
Old 01-12-2021, 10:58 PM   #579
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,146 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
But still no superpowers. Fuck that bullshit. India's working on one. Imma hold out and check with my Hyderabad bro's.
He will have to discover the powers at some personal low point in a few weeks time. You need to give it time so it comes as a surprise and then changes his life forever. Everybody knows that!
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
spike021 (01-12-2021)
Old 01-12-2021, 11:13 PM   #580
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,513 Times in 18,917 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
He will have to discover the powers at some personal low point in a few weeks time. You need to give it time so it comes as a surprise and then changes his life forever. Everybody knows that!
Oh, shit. Gotcha. Keep hope alive.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:34 PM   #581
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,804 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
4,259 deaths today. Ugh. New high.

Still feeling crummy. Hopefully this isn’t an experience that needs repeating each year or worse. It would probably be less severe. I might get a COVID test too just to make sure this is the vaccine.
humfrz (01-13-2021), spike021 (01-13-2021), Ultramaroon (01-12-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 12:50 AM   #582
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
I would definitely take a day or two. The first dose is nothing, and for some, the second might not be too bad, and honestly, this could have been something else, but I am pretty sure it was a strong side effect.

My temp now is 98.3, and I mostly just feel like hammered shit like hungover/dehydrated and still weak and sore, but improving rapidly. Definitely worth it.
Glad you are feeling better.

Back in the day, with those after effects, the old folks would say "that just shows its working".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (01-13-2021), Irace86.2.0 (01-13-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 08:34 AM   #583
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,936 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Still feeling crummy. Hopefully this isn’t an experience that needs repeating each year or worse. It would probably be less severe. I might get a COVID test too just to make sure this is the vaccine.
Got mine about 90 minutes ago, as did my son. So far, so good but I know that's wishful thinking at this point.

My in-laws are getting their first dose this afternoon.

My daughter-in-law is having reactions similar to your second dose on her first. The NP is telling her that is pretty normal if you had COVID, which she did about 4 months ago.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
humfrz (01-13-2021), spike021 (01-13-2021), Spuds (01-13-2021), Ultramaroon (01-13-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 09:36 AM   #584
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
WTF, funwheeldrive, you and I must be looking at two different data sets -
Maybe you just don't know how to interpret the data correctly?

Quote:
What do you do in healthcare? Do you work in Thurston County Washington? That is a fairly rural area. Are you following what is happening around the rest of the world and US? I understand the media likes to hype up anything they are covering, but you should have the skillset to determine how bad things are. You don't think that a virus that has killed 10x the number of people as the seasonal flu, even though we have been on lockdowns and are wearing masks, is that bad? Why is that? Because it mostly affects those 65 and older, so it is no big deal? Because it hasn't overwhelmed every hospital? What metric do you use to determine whether this is bad enough?

I don't have to assume anything. I asked them. I talked to dozens and dozens of my coworkers. I've read the articles where they interviewed people who say why they are not getting the vaccine. Although I can't say why everyone is not getting the vaccine, I gave a list of the 5 common reasons that I have heard and read. Outside of people joking about growing a third arm, developing super powers, having tracking devices injected in their body, etc. the reasons I listed are the only reasons.

If people didn't have fear then they would just get the vaccine. Like wearing a mask, it is how we will get the economy open again, but that point seems to evade people just like wearing a mask. Getting vaccinated is the fastest way we can fully reopen society with no masks or restrictions--outside of allowing this virus to infect everyone until we get to herd immunity and killing millions, which is not an option. Society will remain in lockdowns and stores will have restrictions until we drop the death rate and infection rate to endemic levels.

I really don't understand as healthcare workers why people would want to take a chance of potentially getting the virus and possibly giving the virus to their patients who could die. We have had several outbreaks in our hospital requiring extensive contact tracing and have had several nosocomial infections. In both cases it was determined that what most likely occurred was a false negative PCR test and a healthcare worker was exposed and then exposed multiple patients. Several patients who had been discharged ended up returning days later with fever and respiratory complications requiring admission.
My comment was in regards to people not fearing Covid19, not just the vaccine. Again, I'm not saying that people over the age of 65 don't matter as much as younger people, but to force healthy, asymptomatic people from operating their small business or attending a wedding or going to church is terribly wrong, even under the false guise of "safety". The bulk of these lockdowns and mandates are nonsensical and not founded on solid data, yet they are pushed by politicians attempting to give the illusion that they have everything under control and are there to keep the general public safe. You say that mask mandates will allow us to open up the economy again yet California "had" to lockdown and implement curfews for the majority of the state months after they implemented their mandate.

Quote:
I'm going in today for my second dose of the Pfizer.

On a separate note: my wife's coworker has a grandmother who is 81 who is dying of COVID. She has been in the hospital for several days, but is not improving despite prophylactic IV antibiotics, fluids and other therapies. She is on 10-12 lpm of oxygen on a non-rebreather, but her o2 sat is just getting worse. They want to intubate her, but she is refusing. The family is going to try to go to Southern California and visit her to convince her to keep fighting, but they won't be able to visit because she is in isolation. Frankly, she is probably not going to make it, even if they tubed her.
I'm surprised they are using a rebreather as opposed to a high flow nasal cannula? She will have lived years longer than the average US female. It's sad, but everyone dies. I can only hope to live to be +80 years old.

Quote:
I just found this:

This means 1 out of 54 adults over 75 has died of COVID in New York City, and 1 out of 142 adults 65-74 has died of COVID. It got me curious to compare to the rest of the US. About 1 out of 160 adults over 65 has died.
It probably didn't help that the governor of new york forced nursing homes to take thousands of known covid positive patients. That's probably the worst thing he could have done and likely resulted in tens of thousands of deaths.

Quote:
This is why it is sad to hear healthcare workers not getting the vaccine. I’m sure if they knew they were the cause then it would change their tune, but there is little accountability with an invisible and often untraceable virus. It also is upsetting that hospitals aren’t screening their employees by doing weekly testing. Profits over lives.
Me deciding to not get a vaccine doesn't mean I'm responsible for someone dying. Also, hospitals do screen all their employees, but performing tests on everyone on a regular basis when they have no symptoms or don't meet testing criteria is contraindicated and wasteful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
I think health care workers should be required to get the COVID vaccine.
No thanks, I'll just wear a mask instead.

Quote:
4,259 deaths today. Ugh. New high.
Better lock the whole country down immediately!! (except cannabis stores, Hollywood movie sets, fast food joints, and other essential businesses of course)
The Following User Says Thank You to funwheeldrive For This Useful Post:
TommyW (01-13-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 10:48 AM   #585
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,240 Times in 8,609 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
I got an email from my health insurance with the state's vaccine rollout plan. Looks like the vaccine will be available to the general public here starting May.

My son in the Navy had covid in November and finally tested negative in December. He just had the first dose and is sick again and now tests positive again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (01-13-2021), humfrz (01-13-2021), Irace86.2.0 (01-13-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 01:54 PM   #586
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
Maybe you just don't know how to interpret the data correctly?

My comment was in regards to people not fearing Covid19, not just the vaccine. Again, I'm not saying that people over the age of 65 don't matter as much as younger people, but to force healthy, asymptomatic people from operating their small business or attending a wedding or going to church is terribly wrong, even under the false guise of "safety". The bulk of these lockdowns and mandates are nonsensical and not founded on solid data, yet they are pushed by politicians attempting to give the illusion that they have everything under control and are there to keep the general public safe. You say that mask mandates will allow us to open up the economy again yet California "had" to lockdown and implement curfews for the majority of the state months after they implemented their mandate.

I'm surprised they are using a rebreather as opposed to a high flow nasal cannula? She will have lived years longer than the average US female. It's sad, but everyone dies. I can only hope to live to be +80 years old.

It probably didn't help that the governor of new york forced nursing homes to take thousands of known covid positive patients. That's probably the worst thing he could have done and likely resulted in tens of thousands of deaths.

Me deciding to not get a vaccine doesn't mean I'm responsible for someone dying. Also, hospitals do screen all their employees, but performing tests on everyone on a regular basis when they have no symptoms or don't meet testing criteria is contraindicated and wasteful.

No thanks, I'll just wear a mask instead.

Better lock the whole country down immediately!! (except cannabis stores, Hollywood movie sets, fast food joints, and other essential businesses of course)

I know several people who are regular church attendees and they're doing just fine with video services and Zoom meetings for their smaller group studies. It's not ideal for them because obviously a majority of people prefer in-person meetings, but they're doing it and surviving. I'm fairly sure there's even a scripture in the Bible about how the church isn't the building but the people, and that wherever the people are is where the church is.

So to keep saying people are forced to not have church or that not being able to attend in person is a super horrible thing is super disingenuous.

If I had memorized my arguments back in uni I'd probably be able to point this argument out as a straw man or something, since you and many other people are making a much larger, debilitating issue out of church than it needs to be right now.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (01-13-2021), Irace86.2.0 (01-13-2021), Ultramaroon (01-13-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 02:09 PM   #587
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
I got an email from my health insurance with the state's vaccine rollout plan. Looks like the vaccine will be available to the general public here starting May.

My son in the Navy had covid in November and finally tested negative in December. He just had the first dose and is sick again and now tests positive again.
Oh, I hope he recovers.
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (01-13-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 02:10 PM   #588
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
I know several people who are regular church attendees and they're doing just fine with video services and Zoom meetings for their smaller group studies. It's not ideal for them because obviously a majority of people prefer in-person meetings, but they're doing it and surviving. I'm fairly sure there's even a scripture in the Bible about how the church isn't the building but the people, and that wherever the people are is where the church is.

So to keep saying people are forced to not have church or that not being able to attend in person is a super horrible thing is super disingenuous.
That's great that they are able to make it work, but the government should not be allowed to deny those who want to meet in person, that's all I'm saying. That's probably why the Supreme Court determined that states cannot implement stricter regulations on religious institutions and I'm glad they came to that conclusion.

Quote:
If I had memorized my arguments back in uni I'd probably be able to point this argument out as a straw man or something, since you and many other people are making a much larger, debilitating issue out of church than it needs to be right now.
My claims apply to much more than just church, I'm talking about private family gatherings, in person schools, outdoor/indoor dining, etc. People will look back at this time period and be ashamed of how much they were willing to sacrifice for a false sense of safety. That's just my personal opinion.

PS: Moderators I apologize if this comment was borderline political, I did not intend for it to be taken as such and won't go any further. I only mentioned the Supreme Court as a backing for my claim.
Closed Thread

Tags
eagle5 got sandy vag, tread harder daddy, tylerlieberman is a cuck