follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 12-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #85
jeebus

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT (on order)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidONE View Post
I just filled up my 3rd tank of E85. LTFT shot up to 11% from 7% with the second tank. Also, I got 21.3 MPG with this second tank. Has anyone in Cali tested the ethenol content of Propel's E85? I'm guessing it's pretty high.
@mad_sb tested some around 95%...I think it was propel. I don't have a tester but based on my trims and mileage, it would seem the e85 I'm getting here in north county San Diego is high E too.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #86
nlowell

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
I see there is now a v1.40b (beta) map uploaded on openflashtablet.com - any information on what is different with these new beta maps?
nlowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #87
Burn
Slack Bum

Drives: FT86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlowell View Post
I see there is now a v1.40b (beta) map uploaded on openflashtablet.com - any information on what is different with these new beta maps?

release notes :

12/11/13
v1.40 Changes:
-Added Stage 1 and Stage 2 map support for ZA1JA01N (Asian market) ROM
-In USDM E85 ROMs (Stage 2 E85 ZA1JA01C and Stage 2 E85 ZA1JA01D), we now differentiate between cars with Equal Length (EL) and Unequal Length (UEL) headers. The Stage 2 EL E85 tune is renamed (formerly Stage 2 E85) but unchanged from the v1.34 release. However, the Stage 2 UEL E85 tune is new and completely different. It js highly developed and has only been tested in cars with the OpenFlash UEL header. It is considered Beta status and should be used only be those who are sufficiently comfortable with data-logging and analysis.
-Stage 2 EL E85 maps have been approved for use in completely stock vehicles running E85.
-All non-USDM and USDM-ZA1JB00C (2014 BRZ/FR-S) tuned ROMs and considered Beta status.
-Adjusted checksum values so all ROMs can be opened in RomRaider without displaying checksum error.
-Re-enabled diagnostics routines for o2 sensor faults in Stage 2 and Stage 2 E85 maps. If you trigger these faults, it is due to an exhaust leak at your header flanges from not replacing gaskets when you installed your header.
Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:07 AM   #88
HSayaovong

Drives: blk;2dr;rwd;fun
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just got my oft last night, installed the stage 1map...but my question is, do you guys keep the oft plugged in and mounted? Or am i suppose plug it in and unplug it everytime, would rather have it permanently attached to the car if possible and only remove to upload the logs
Old 02-26-2014, 09:17 AM   #89
TIE Pilot

Drives: TIE interceptor; BRZ13
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSayaovong View Post
Just got my oft last night, installed the stage 1map...but my question is, do you guys keep the oft plugged in and mounted? Or am i suppose plug it in and unplug it everytime, would rather have it permanently attached to the car if possible and only remove to upload the logs
"Step 4: Writing to your ECU
Connect the OpenFlash Tablet to your car's OBD2 diagnostic port. Please be sure that the Tablet is disconnected from you laptop. Select "Tuning". Then select "My Car". Then select "Write". At this time you will see a list of available ECU files. These are the files you uploaded in the previous step. Select the file you wish to load into your ECU, click on the right arrow and then follow the prompts. The writing process takes approximately 4 minutes and involves cycling the ignition ON and OFF a few times. Please do not interrupt this process. Once you are notified that the writing process is complete, you can disconnect the Tablet and start you car. Immediately after writing to the ECU, a low power mode will be triggered momentarily. For this reason, it is recommended to let the engine idle for 30 seconds before driving. After each reflash (or ECU reset), you may notice that your throttle pedal feels unresponsive for the first centimeter of travel. This is normal as the ECU needs to relearn the minimum and maximum throttle position voltages. This will sort itself out after one or two drive cycles"

If car is running, keep it on to use datalogging.

If you are leaving the car "off" for A short periot of time you can leave the OFT plugged. But for long periods (overnight) you unplugg it so it won't drain your battery.

@shiv@vishnu
MisterSheep (04-20-2016)
Old 02-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #90
HSayaovong

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE Pilot View Post
"Step 4: Writing to your ECU
Connect the OpenFlash Tablet to your car's OBD2 diagnostic port. Please be sure that the Tablet is disconnected from you laptop. Select "Tuning". Then select "My Car". Then select "Write". At this time you will see a list of available ECU files. These are the files you uploaded in the previous step. Select the file you wish to load into your ECU, click on the right arrow and then follow the prompts. The writing process takes approximately 4 minutes and involves cycling the ignition ON and OFF a few times. Please do not interrupt this process. Once you are notified that the writing process is complete, you can disconnect the Tablet and start you car. Immediately after writing to the ECU, a low power mode will be triggered momentarily. For this reason, it is recommended to let the engine idle for 30 seconds before driving. After each reflash (or ECU reset), you may notice that your throttle pedal feels unresponsive for the first centimeter of travel. This is normal as the ECU needs to relearn the minimum and maximum throttle position voltages. This will sort itself out after one or two drive cycles"

If car is running, keep it on to use datalogging.

If you are leaving the car "off" for A short periot of time you can leave the OFT plugged. But for long periods (overnight) you unplugg it so it won't drain your battery.

@shiv@vishnu
I guess i wasnt clear with my question. What i wanted to know was, is it okay to have the oft permanently attach to the car for a minority of the time because i want to be able to monitor what the engine is do on a day to day basis. ...OR do i have to unplug the oft when the car it's in the garage (for the night) and only reconnect the oft when i am going to take it out for a drive.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:24 AM   #91
Luckrider
My Other Ride's a Jeep

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSayaovong View Post
I guess i wasnt clear with my question. What i wanted to know was, is it okay to have the oft permanently attach to the car for a minority of the time because i want to be able to monitor what the engine is do on a day to day basis. ...OR do i have to unplug the oft when the car it's in the garage (for the night) and only reconnect the oft when i am going to take it out for a drive.
It is suggested that you unplug it if the car is going to sit for more than a couple of hours for the sake of your car's battery.

Edit: I should note that there is no way to turn the OFT off.
Luckrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:50 AM   #92
TIE Pilot

Drives: TIE interceptor; BRZ13
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I did say: If you are leaving the car "off" for A short periot of time you can leave the OFT plugged. But for long periods (overnight) you unplugg it so it won't drain your battery.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:55 AM   #93
HSayaovong

Thanks for the clarification guys
Old 05-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #94
Mr.Scion

Drives: 2014 scion frs
Bumping an old thread. Who is still running the stage 2 uel e85 tune on their stock exhaust system?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2014, 02:58 AM   #95
Luckrider
My Other Ride's a Jeep

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scion View Post
Bumping an old thread. Who is still running the stage 2 uel e85 tune on their stock exhaust system?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
I am. I have no issues and the car pulls like a beast.

Edit: I am using the Stage 2 EL e85 tune with the stock header.
Luckrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:10 AM   #96
tnle

Drives: Toyota 86 13'
^ I'm also running the Stage 2 EL E85 tune on stock headers back

A tad rich, no knock. Life's great
tnle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tnle For This Useful Post:
jaorocks1 (08-31-2015)
Old 05-25-2014, 01:20 PM   #97
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
same deal here. running Stage 2 EL E85 tune on mostly stock exhaust. I do have a catless front pipe but everything else is stock.

Last weekend I put my car on a dyno and the results are, +20 HP over stock.

My dyno results and further discussion are up on 86DRIVE.com :
http://86drive.com/2014/05/18/pmoks-dyno-results/
Old 05-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #98
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMok View Post
same deal here. running Stage 2 EL E85 tune on mostly stock exhaust. I do have a catless front pipe but everything else is stock.

Last weekend I put my car on a dyno and the results are, +20 HP over stock.

My dyno results and further discussion are up on 86DRIVE.com :
http://86drive.com/2014/05/18/pmoks-dyno-results/
Thanks for posting those results! Glad you are enjoying the OFT and E85
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shiv@Openflash For This Useful Post:
dazob (01-19-2016), PMok (05-25-2014)