follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 09-03-2018, 01:00 PM   #141
J1Avs

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSpankcakes View Post
1) Logan
2) 0461
3) White
4) Arizona
5) Ended up trading my '16 Fiesta ST in for one on a whim. The Fiesta was fun, but always found myself preferring my Miata. Only plans are a WC Lathe Werks shift knob, possibly a catback exhaust, and telling everyone that Alcantara is actually llama skin.

https://m.imgur.com/rB06Uq9
Perhaps Alpaca skin??
J1Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:50 PM   #142
wafuuu

Drives: black brz ts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
1) Eric
2) 0466
3) Crystal Black Silica
4) BC, Canada
5) I had a 2016 white brz that i had to buy in manual due to my mom needing to use the car. After 2 years i got bored of driving auto so i sold the car and bought the tS without knowing how to drive manual. Planning to get a r400 exhuast on it for this year, nothing planned yet other then that.
Name:  40904777_10212499387904316_9096502327883333632_o.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  305.6 KB
wafuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 11:22 PM   #143
Stephen W.

Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Thanked 2,405 Times in 954 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
1) Stephen W.
2) 0488
3) Crystal Black Silica
4) Ontario, Canada
5) I posted my story, (so far) here: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...ostcount=17101
And here: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...ostcount=17105
Attached Images

Last edited by Stephen W.; 02-09-2019 at 09:34 PM.
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen W. For This Useful Post:
Swabodda (09-05-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 11:19 AM   #144
Kwts

Drives: BRZ tS Black
KW tS

1) Colin Z
2) 0298
3) Black
4) Ontario, Canada
5) I plan to build this car into a complete track car. Going to be getting wider front fenders, 9.5 wheels, Turbo charger and back seat delete sooner or later!

Ps. Pink hood is to match gf car! It's a wrap!
Attached Images

Kwts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kwts For This Useful Post:
Swabodda (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 12:34 PM   #145
Kwts

Drives: BRZ tS Black
Hey man! What part of ontario are you in!? I'm in Waterloo! Theres a white tS in Missasgua, Black one in Brantford and a Blue one in Toronto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scracho View Post
1) My name is Jon
2) 0341
3) Crystal Black Silica
4) Ontario, Canada

5) I have owned many cars (58 to be exact, lots of beaters and quick sale cars, but some really nice) many swapped Honda's, VW's, Audi's, BMW's, RX-7's, WRX's and most recently two FRS's and two S2000's. Having worked in the automotive dealership game for a long time you tend to acquire vehicles very easily and I'm an opportunist, who gets bored very easily. So I would buy them cheap, see the potential "fun factor" and resale value, mod them, drive them, then sell them and often for a profit.

I bought my first FRS new and immediately fell in love with the chassis and potential. Before it was even a month old, I supercharged it, full suspension upgrades and some aero - Loved it! Alas I went through a divorce and had to sell it. Quickly after I recovered from the divorce I bought an S2000, and as awesome as they are, I didn't love it nor feel that connection I did in my FRS. I quickly sold the S2K and bought another FRS and did simple bolt-ons and suspension and just tracked it hard. The amount of grip these cars have and the ability to ring them out for everything they have at the track makes you feel like an absolute rockstar! I would always come in to the pit after a few sessions and feel so rewarded with my drive. Unfortunately I was forced to sell to free up capital for real-estate investment opportunities. When I could get another car I again decided on an S2k, but this time I was going dedicated track machine, full on gutted interior, with buckets and roll-bar. I quickly found a car and immediately started to buy hardcore parts. I'm nearly complete stock piling parts and $45K later I found myself asking if this was the right idea? I decided to pump the brakes on the S2k project after seeing the new tS and thought I owe it to myself to have a look at one... I walked into the dealer and fell in love at first sight, put my deposit down and said bye, bye S2k, you're getting parted out and sold!

Plans for the tS is to keep it stock for now, compete in a Stock Class Time Attack Series here in Canada then eventually upgrade things using the highest quality parts available, more importantly KEEP THIS ONE! Because of its rarity and desirability, I can see myself having a reason to not want to part with it, especially here in Canada we've been told we might only see 75 of these for the whole country.
Kwts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #146
Doubletap

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scracho View Post
1) My name is Jon
2) 0341
3) Crystal Black Silica
4) Ontario, Canada

5) I have owned many cars (58 to be exact, lots of beaters and quick sale cars, but some really nice) many swapped Honda's, VW's, Audi's, BMW's, RX-7's, WRX's and most recently two FRS's and two S2000's. Having worked in the automotive dealership game for a long time you tend to acquire vehicles very easily and I'm an opportunist, who gets bored very easily. So I would buy them cheap, see the potential "fun factor" and resale value, mod them, drive them, then sell them and often for a profit.

I bought my first FRS new and immediately fell in love with the chassis and potential. Before it was even a month old, I supercharged it, full suspension upgrades and some aero - Loved it! Alas I went through a divorce and had to sell it. Quickly after I recovered from the divorce I bought an S2000, and as awesome as they are, I didn't love it nor feel that connection I did in my FRS. I quickly sold the S2K and bought another FRS and did simple bolt-ons and suspension and just tracked it hard. The amount of grip these cars have and the ability to ring them out for everything they have at the track makes you feel like an absolute rockstar! I would always come in to the pit after a few sessions and feel so rewarded with my drive. Unfortunately I was forced to sell to free up capital for real-estate investment opportunities. When I could get another car I again decided on an S2k, but this time I was going dedicated track machine, full on gutted interior, with buckets and roll-bar. I quickly found a car and immediately started to buy hardcore parts. I'm nearly complete stock piling parts and $45K later I found myself asking if this was the right idea? I decided to pump the brakes on the S2k project after seeing the new tS and thought I owe it to myself to have a look at one... I walked into the dealer and fell in love at first sight, put my deposit down and said bye, bye S2k, you're getting parted out and sold!

Plans for the tS is to keep it stock for now, compete in a Stock Class Time Attack Series here in Canada then eventually upgrade things using the highest quality parts available, more importantly KEEP THIS ONE! Because of its rarity and desirability, I can see myself having a reason to not want to part with it, especially here in Canada we've been
told we might only see 75 of these for the whole country.
I've seen this story in a youtube video. MachMotorsport?
Doubletap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:00 PM   #147
SgtSpankcakes

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS, 2005 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1Avs View Post
Perhaps Alpaca skin??
I tried both. Out of my large sample size of 2 people, alpaca got a "no it's not, you're lying" and llama got a "wait, really?".

Sticking with llama for now.
SgtSpankcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:51 PM   #148
J1Avs

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSpankcakes View Post
I tried both. Out of my large sample size of 2 people, alpaca got a "no it's not, you're lying" and llama got a "wait, really?".

Sticking with llama for now.
Ha! The only reason I thought Alpaca was because it was close to Alcantara (sort of, in my head, but when I say it out loud it’s too many syllables). Regardless thumbs up to making people believe ridiculous things!
J1Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 04:42 PM   #149
Stephen W.

Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Thanked 2,405 Times in 954 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Question for tS owners. Is the "Glove Box Kit" (books, owners manual etc.) different for the tS than other BRZ trim levels? When they went to prep my car for delivery the glove box was empty. Someone had taken the books, or perhaps they never came in the first place. So I have no manual or anything. The dealer has ordered a glove box kit for me but I would like to know if there was anything special about the kit for our special cars.
Subaru of Canada made up a red and black leather set for those who ordered a 2008 STi. It consisted of a folder cover for everything to fit into and two leather key fobs. I was given one of these sets to pass onto my wife when she bought her STi hatch.
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:26 PM   #150
Kine

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS WRB | 1991 Supra Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
Question for tS owners. Is the "Glove Box Kit" (books, owners manual etc.) different for the tS than other BRZ trim levels? When they went to prep my car for delivery the glove box was empty. Someone had taken the books, or perhaps they never came in the first place. So I have no manual or anything. The dealer has ordered a glove box kit for me but I would like to know if there was anything special about the kit for our special cars.
Subaru of Canada made up a red and black leather set for those who ordered a 2008 STi. It consisted of a folder cover for everything to fit into and two leather key fobs. I was given one of these sets to pass onto my wife when she bought her STi hatch.
There's an extra "tS" pamphlet that talks about the upgrades. The normal manual also has some sections specific to the tS about maintaining the wing and the STI pink accents.
Kine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kine For This Useful Post:
Stephen W. (09-08-2018)
Old 09-08-2018, 02:51 PM   #151
Veloist

Drives: ‘93 MR2, ‘22 GR86, ‘23 GR Corolla
Thanked 1,713 Times in 668 Posts
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
For the U.S. Owners:

I completed recording the first 1,000 VINs of the 2018 BRZ which includes all of the BRZ tS's. The list of tS's plus data will be out soon, hoping for the next couple of weeks. Right now I'm working on verifying all the VINs and colors are correct which will take the longest.

For now, here is an update on the unsold tS's:

BRZ tS:
World Rally Blue: 53
Crystal Black Sillica: 28
Crystal White Pearl: 35
Total: 116

For comparison

WRX STI Type RA:
World Rally Blue: 61
Crystal Black Sillica: 27
Crystal White Pearl: 28
Total: 116
Old 09-08-2018, 03:43 PM   #152
Chuckls
Moutain Runner

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm excited to find out what number I am. Would like to make a small plaque
Chuckls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:21 AM   #153
RoseDragon7

I am excited to see how low mine is. I haven't seen many vins reported below 50. I also know generally speaking the first 20 of any new model are sacrificed to the gods of reviews and testing.
RoseDragon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 02:59 AM   #154
Seiryuu

Drives: ZC6
Hello tS owners, I have a question! Does the darker interior trim pieces on the steering wheel, around the shifter, and center console give off glare when the sun hits them?

I've come to hate the silver trim pieces as they produce quite a bit of glare when the sun beams down on them. Particularly at an angle from my upper left shoulder.

If they don't glare, I would sure love to get on my hands on those interior pieces!
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote