follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

NY / NJ / CT / PA NY, NJ, CT, PA

User Tag List

Old 07-19-2022, 10:01 PM   #463
Pgh_Area

Drives: '14 Ultramarine Fr-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-ST Manual View Post
Hey! That’s awesome I’m in Moon all the time. What kind of stuff are you stripping out? I just got my FRS but never too early to pick up some add ons right?
Complete exhaust from headers on back, complete suspension, complete bbk, headlights, taillights, fog lights, wheels, custom interior. fuel injectors, FF kit, possibly edelbrock SC if I don't sell it with the car.
Pgh_Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 10:11 AM   #464
CrazyOkie

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT "Taka"
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-ST Manual View Post
Hey all,

Looking around to find groups and meets around Pittsburgh, so I thought I’d resurrect this thread and see who is around! I’m out near the airport and am new to the 86 as well as to manual driving altogether.
Just getting on here for the first time in a while - I live up in Franklin Park. Would enjoy a local 86/BRZ meetup. The Facebook group only seems to meet on the eastern half of the state and I feel intimidated by the local Cars & Coffee, lol.

I've got some stock parts from my 86 - the exhaust, sway bars, springs - if anyone wants them, they can have them. Only have about 100 miles on them, I swapped them out for the TRD equivalents when I bought mine in 2021.
CrazyOkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 08:54 AM   #465
cmiovino

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP, 2004 WRX
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyOkie View Post
I feel intimidated by the local Cars & Coffee, lol.
I'll be at the Generoasta one this Saturday. I try to go anytime I'm not autocrossing.

By the way, if anyone is interested locally in trying autocross or even coming to watch, check out the Steel Cities SCCA and North Hills Sports Car Club schedules. Both are very newbie friendly.
Old 05-18-2023, 06:12 AM   #466
Open Loop
2013 FR-S Whiteout / SSC

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiovino View Post
I'll be at the Generoasta one this Saturday. I try to go anytime I'm not autocrossing.

By the way, if anyone is interested locally in trying autocross or even coming to watch, check out the Steel Cities SCCA and North Hills Sports Car Club schedules. Both are very newbie friendly.
I'll second this. These autocross events are welcoming to all and the folks who run them aim to help people who are new to the sport. It is the cheapest entry into motorsports, and is not all that hard on the car except for its tires.

An added bonus is that there are now a handful of proven national championship drivers at these events, all of whom are happy to give their thoughts as to how to get faster.

If you are interested in driving your car at the limit I highly recommend it.
Open Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 05:08 PM   #467
CrazyOkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Loop View Post
I'll second this. These autocross events are welcoming to all and the folks who run them aim to help people who are new to the sport. It is the cheapest entry into motorsports, and is not all that hard on the car except for its tires.

An added bonus is that there are now a handful of proven national championship drivers at these events, all of whom are happy to give their thoughts as to how to get faster.

If you are interested in driving your car at the limit I highly recommend it.
Not really interested in tracking my car - mostly just a "where would I find the time?" - too many other activities.
Old 06-11-2023, 06:19 PM   #468
CrazyOkie

Forecast looks good for this coming Saturday, so I'm going to try and make the local Pittsburgh Cars & Coffee at Generoasta. Maybe I'll see some of you there!

Look for the Neptune Blue 86!
Old 06-13-2023, 01:45 PM   #469
cmiovino

Quote:
Forecast looks good for this coming Saturday, so I'm going to try and make the local Pittsburgh Cars & Coffee at Generoasta. Maybe I'll see some of you there!

Look for the Neptune Blue 86!
I'll be there!

Was yours the one with the Baby Yoda sticker on the back window earlier this year?
Old 06-15-2023, 06:33 AM   #470
CrazyOkie

Quote:
I'll be there!

Was yours the one with the Baby Yoda sticker on the back window earlier this year?
Yes, that's mine!
Old 06-19-2023, 08:17 AM   #471
CrazyOkie

Quote:
I'll be there!

Sorry I didn't make it Saturday - life (chores) intervened. Hoping maybe July 29 I can make it
Old 06-19-2023, 10:15 PM   #472
cmiovino

Quote:
Sorry I didn't make it Saturday - life (chores) intervened. Hoping maybe July 29 I can make it

There was actually another hyper blue one there I almost thought was you. Had yellow wrapped headlights, black wheels, and looked like a series blue edition with the BRZ logo on the seats.
Old 06-23-2023, 08:05 AM   #473
CrazyOkie

Quote:
There was actually another hyper blue one there I almost thought was you. Had yellow wrapped headlights, black wheels, and looked like a series blue edition with the BRZ logo on the seats.
the hyper blue BRZ is pretty close to the neptune blue 86! Yellow headlights? That sounds funky.

Looking at the calendar, July 15 is the next one I should be able to make. I can bring those suspension parts with me!
Old 06-27-2023, 03:12 PM   #474
cmiovino

Quote:
the hyper blue BRZ is pretty close to the neptune blue 86! Yellow headlights? That sounds funky.

Looking at the calendar, July 15 is the next one I should be able to make. I can bring those suspension parts with me!
I'll likely be at the July 15th one too. Cool on the parts
Sidenote for anyone in the Pittsburgh area or even PA, OH, WV, etc the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is the week after on the 22nd and 23rd, so if you want to make the trip, it's a big thing. Top 5 largest car shows in the world I think, plus racing on city streets.

Us Subaru folk have a spot on top of the hill every year, but FRS/GT86 are welcome too. We all have boxer engines anyways. Just sign up on the PVGP website for the Asian section.
Old 07-13-2023, 08:06 PM   #475
CrazyOkie

Quote:
I'll likely be at the July 15th one too. Cool on the parts
Sidenote for anyone in the Pittsburgh area or even PA, OH, WV, etc the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is the week after on the 22nd and 23rd, so if you want to make the trip, it's a big thing. Top 5 largest car shows in the world I think, plus racing on city streets.

Us Subaru folk have a spot on top of the hill every year, but FRS/GT86 are welcome too. We all have boxer engines anyways. Just sign up on the PVGP website for the Asian section.
Not gonna make it this weekend. Car is currently 'trapped' in the garage - trying to get deck redone and the weather hasn't cooperated. Tomorrow and Saturday look good though. Will make the next one though - the 29th
Old 07-13-2023, 11:36 PM   #476
cmiovino

Quote:
Not gonna make it this weekend. Car is currently 'trapped' in the garage - trying to get deck redone and the weather hasn't cooperated. Tomorrow and Saturday look good though. Will make the next one though - the 29th
Ah, no biggie. Looks like it's going to be hot.

For anyone else on this thread that sees this, the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is coming up next weekend, the 22nd and 23rd. It's kind of a big deal. Used to be even larger for the local Subaru crew in the past. Don't let me be the only twin there lol.

https://pvgp.org/schenley/

There are more events during the week like the Waterfront Car Show, Southside Works Tune Up Party, etc. leading up to it.
CrazyOkie (07-22-2023)