follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Australia Classifieds

User Tag List

Old 01-30-2013, 10:43 PM   #15
GaN-MaN
WA 86/BRZ Club

Drives: Toyota 86 GT MT Sonic Blue
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Plus 1 on @KI_ZN6. His LED's are legit! Love them.

Also, if u got Facebook, PM me details and I'll add ya to the club page.
@evil_1998 and yourself aren't busy this Friday come down to A One Audio, Cnr of Beaufort St and Bulwer St from 6pm. A number of us are heading down there to check out my custom boot enclosure along with other custom enclosures they've come up with.
KI_ZN6 (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #16
KI_ZN6

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Thanks for the complements guys and glad you are loving your LED upgrades. =)
KI_ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KI_ZN6 For This Useful Post:
GaN-MaN (01-31-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 12:56 AM   #17
Fizz
Senior Addict

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Sorry to hear about your tint issues....they should replace it under warranty. Im very selective about my choice of tint, so personally i'll be going with this brand as i've been using them for all my cars over the last 10 years: http://www.v-kool.com/our-products/a...kool-solitaire

They're pricey and not available in Oz, but I purchase them overseas and simply get my local tinting guy to install it. Their stuf is really outstanding and I really recommend them.

I choose the v-kool 55 for my side and rear windows as I don't really like it too dark, but they also have a darker one if you prefer that.

The best thing is that they offer a product which has 70% VLT that I use on my whole windsreen. They are so light that you can't even tell its there, yet it blocks out a huge amount of heat. Think about it, windscreens are large and that's where lots of the heat comes from anyway. Yes I know its technically illegal to tint the windscreen, but I think the rules are really outdated and doesn't factor in the new technology/products available on the market now.

Unless privacy is your main objective, darker tints doesn't mean better heat rejection, and again i believe even the v-kool 70 outperforms most of the cheap "darkest legal tints" on the market in terms of heat rejection. Also, I have no vested interest in this company....im simply a very satisfied customer who wants to share this with others.
Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #18
youngy

Drives: Golf GTI mk5 and Ft 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Fantastic info guys, I ended up with buying a streetfx for the front off panman, all good.
Stevo do you have the Steve wa plate? I'm sure I was behind you in the polypipe the other week.
I have thought about the blackvue and want to get one fitted to the front at the very least, the pic shows the km/h that would be great, wasn't sure you could log that info like that on the actual cam. Missed out on the group buy of that and the power magic box.
Yip thats where I got the reversing LEDs and now I wish I got the whole set lol, great person to deal with.
Keep me posted on the chrome TRD indicators though, I like the sound of that.
I will need to come down and have a look at the audio place as the FB page looks interesting.
How is the android head unit? Does it have gps also? I'm looking to shift my head unit and get a better audio setup with rear camera for sure, well that's the plan anyway.
Too much to do, air intake would be good too
The tinting is all good now but I need to get the wife's forester done and I like the idea of getting the windscreen done as its like driving a greenhouse, not good in the summer. How can I get ahold of it in Perth for her car? Might not be worth it seen as it's a bit of a run around for beach etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
youngy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:57 AM   #19
GaN-MaN
WA 86/BRZ Club

I'm using the streetfx slimline bracket and have to say I'm not too fond. :/
You can have a look at it if your coming down to A One tomorrow night.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #20
stevo_12v

Drives: Mazda MX-6 Turbo, Toyota GTS86 37J
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Hahahaha! Yeah that was me! [FA 20 WA] right? I saw the 'slit' DRLs behind me, then you turned your lights to fully on(i saw the tadpole shape) then I realised it was an 86 behind me. Did you see the retard in the white Corolla almost merge into me?? lol

Sorry I didn't wave, I was trying to see your plate to see if it was one of the current members.
You got 'spotted' too btw..

For tinting, go see Trent @ TKO, he does a great job.

Android head unit is pretty good(for being one of the 'first' type of android head unit). The GPS is far better than the stock GTS sat nav. It uses something called "iGo", looks similar to [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f13IOYBai0I"]this[/ame].

The Adayo AN6B01 head unit I have has provision for rear camera setup. And apparently(in the manual) it states what if the rear camera is connected and you engage reverse gear, the screen will automatically display the rear camera. I'll be getting a system done at A-One pretty soon probably within the next fortnight or so. And I'll get them to connect up my Adayo with my rear BlackVue camera. (BV has a 3.5mm jack output > RCA)

You can still get the BlackVue's off StreetFX btw. I'd go for the new updated '500G' model as that apparently is bigger, and doesn't overheat. The power magic pro is $58(inc freight) from Camzilla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngy View Post
Fantastic info guys, I ended up with buying a streetfx for the front off panman, all good.
Stevo do you have the Steve wa plate? I'm sure I was behind you in the polypipe the other week.
I have thought about the blackvue and want to get one fitted to the front at the very least, the pic shows the km/h that would be great, wasn't sure you could log that info like that on the actual cam. Missed out on the group buy of that and the power magic box.
Yip thats where I got the reversing LEDs and now I wish I got the whole set lol, great person to deal with.
Keep me posted on the chrome TRD indicators though, I like the sound of that.
I will need to come down and have a look at the audio place as the FB page looks interesting.
How is the android head unit? Does it have gps also? I'm looking to shift my head unit and get a better audio setup with rear camera for sure, well that's the plan anyway.
Too much to do, air intake would be good too
The tinting is all good now but I need to get the wife's forester done and I like the idea of getting the windscreen done as its like driving a greenhouse, not good in the summer. How can I get ahold of it in Perth for her car? Might not be worth it seen as it's a bit of a run around for beach etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 01-31-2013, 08:05 PM   #21
youngy

Thats me yes! Just remembered that idiot, I remember thinking shit that was close
I'd be keen on getting a system setup by them also, just need to find the cash for it as I wanted a holiday too lol
Old 01-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #22
ZZT86

Drives: BR86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaN-MaN View Post
I'm using the streetfx slimline bracket and have to say I'm not too fond. :/
You can have a look at it if your coming down to A One tomorrow night.

Could you elaborate?
ZZT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:34 AM   #23
GaN-MaN
WA 86/BRZ Club

Of the bracket?

Well it feels cheap and looks cheap. My plates aren't flat facing forward. It's tilted down.
There's a bunch of excess bits on the edges and looks rough.
Just not a fan.
I've seen the Larkin Plate holders and I can say those are beautiful.
They just look so legit. So much nicer. Prestige.
Of coz, it comes at a hefty price. :/
Old 02-01-2013, 02:44 AM   #24
youngy

I have also noted that they are slightly angled down, is that legal? I'm sure the multinovas will still ping u