follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-29-2011, 02:31 PM   #113
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Drives: AE86, MA70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Can't really tell what the price range on the BRZ will be without knowing what amenities the base model will have so you can slot it between the Legacy and Impreza.

However, if it DOES start between the Impreza and Legacy, and you use a conservative starting point by saying it will have options, base, comparable to the Impreza Premium and Legacy Premium, you'd have a base price of between $18,495 and $20,995. (One thing is I doubt subaru will have steelies at all for this car, something found on base models)

Averaged out thats $19,745, so for argument sake we'll say $19,995 before destination, adding $725 for destination (as listed on their website) and you get $20,470.

Do the same thing with the most expensive Impreza (outback) w/o options and the Legacy Limited (next step up from Premium, the GT Limited is null in this as this car will not logically exceed the $30k mark witout FI) and you get $23,370 after destination.

Or a ranged between $20,470 and $23,370. I'm going to go ahead and say $20,995 start on base before destination.

Final answer.
OldSkoolToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:54 PM   #114
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolToys View Post
Can't really tell what the price range on the BRZ will be without knowing what amenities the base model will have so you can slot it between the Legacy and Impreza.

However, if it DOES start between the Impreza and Legacy, and you use a conservative starting point by saying it will have options, base, comparable to the Impreza Premium and Legacy Premium, you'd have a base price of between $18,495 and $20,995. (One thing is I doubt subaru will have steelies at all for this car, something found on base models)

Averaged out thats $19,745, so for argument sake we'll say $19,995 before destination, adding $725 for destination (as listed on their website) and you get $20,470.

Do the same thing with the most expensive Impreza (outback) w/o options and the Legacy Limited (next step up from Premium, the GT Limited is null in this as this car will not logically exceed the $30k mark witout FI) and you get $23,370 after destination.

Or a ranged between $20,470 and $23,370. I'm going to go ahead and say $20,995 start on base before destination.

Final answer.

This. The amenities and standard features will dictate the pricing. I think most of us would prefer less amenities/features and a lower pricing point than to get all the bells and whistle.

OST, at your $20,995 price point what do you see as the standard features for that price?
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #115
MiguelAE86

Drives: NB Miata
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
This. The amenities and standard features will dictate the pricing. I think most of us would prefer less amenities/features and a lower pricing point than to get all the bells and whistle.

OST, at your $20,995 price point what do you see as the standard features for that price?
Radio + AUX plug, Manual, Cloth Seats, some w.e. wheels, A/C, Power Windows/locks. and...some cupholders lol that's all i need!
MiguelAE86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:27 PM   #116
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAImportTuner View Post
I just wanted to let you know so you don't get too agitated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
Nice attempt Blur, it was a good exercise in trying to find an answer with Math, but I can't see the logic in comparing HP or luxury trims for this car. We're getting the same HP regardless of trim so . Considering the Scion is a "base" model, I don't see the point of comparing anything beyond base and mid range between the Impreza and Legacy, we're not getting the top end turbo models with this car.
I was simply utilizing the broader sense of the pricing range it was set to be in according to NASIOC. I threw the HP numbers in there because there is a slight relation of price to HP, and I wanted something else to use as comparison. Of course, the number means nothing, but I found some comfort when the assumed 200hp number landed in the middle of subaru's 2.5i (170hp) and legacy 3.6R (256hp). It might be one of the reasons they said it's going to be priced between the two.

Oh BTW; would you guys like to open a poll for base pricing? For bragging rights only, of course lol
Old 08-29-2011, 05:34 PM   #117
tranzformer

^ I know this was in the main forum and for the "Toyota" version but there is one. You could start one for the Subaru version if you wanted to but they are kinda the same topic.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96
Old 08-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #118
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
^ I know this was in the main forum and for the "Toyota" version but there is one. You could start one for the Subaru version if you wanted to but they are kinda the same topic.
I'm aware of that topic, I was considering starting one for entertainment purposes, with increments of $500 . . . as a way to pass the time. So we can look back and see who was the closest, and reward them with e-cookies. Just a thought.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #119
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Anyone else having fantasies that a base BRZ will be less $ than the uni-spec FR-S?

(and that they change the name...)

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #120
tranzformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
Anyone else having fantasies that a base BRZ will be less $ than the uni-spec FR-S?

(and that they change the name...)
I am. :happy0180:
Old 08-29-2011, 08:44 PM   #121
Spiritama
Squirrels

Drives: Red Toyota Celica
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blur View Post
I'm aware of that topic, I was considering starting one for entertainment purposes, with increments of $500 . . . as a way to pass the time. So we can look back and see who was the closest, and reward them with e-cookies. Just a thought.
E-COOOOKKKKIIIESS!!!!!!!!
Who doesn't like cookies??
Do eet

Ahhh... Isn't it beautiful?
Spiritama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:10 AM   #122
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Drives: AE86, MA70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Well, about the only thing I'm thinking is alloy wheels no matter the trim, with higher packages having 'better' factory alloy's. I could be completely wrong on this, as there's no facts to prove otherwise. Other than that just he basic "standard" crap: AC/PL/PW/, etc. The reason I don't think it will slot between the base Impreza and Base Legacy is because it will still be a sports car w/ standard LSD, 4 wheel disc, tuned suspension, etc. So it will probably slot more likely between Imp. Premium and Legacy Premium, which is still $18,495 - $20,995.

Really the point of my post was if we take what the man said, "between the Impreza and Legacy" as word for word truth, and then use a conservative approach to the pricing via standard equipment, we come to a price range of basically mid $20k to low $23k MSRP. That at least points us in a good direction.

For competitiveness sake, I say $21000 for the base before destination charges. I'd go on to surmise that the next trim will be $23k, and then the next putting it at about/little above base WRX MSRP. Base->Sport->Premium

@Dimm, I highly doubt that will be the case, though it would be humorous.
OldSkoolToys is offline   Reply With Quote