follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-29-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
sabre39j

Drives: Scion TC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Purchasing new car soon

I stopped by my toyota dealership in Ofallon,IL to see if they had any FR-S in stock and I am really thinking of purchasing one. My question is would if be better to buy the FR-S or the BRZ?

There are some things I like about the BRZ but is it really worth the difference between the FR-S and BRZ Limited or just buy the upgrades to get the FR-S up to what I want.

Thanks
sabre39j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
csaba

Drives: scion tc
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre39j View Post
I stopped by my toyota dealership in Ofallon,IL to see if they had any FR-S in stock and I am really thinking of purchasing one. My question is would if be better to buy the FR-S or the BRZ?

There are some things I like about the BRZ but is it really worth the difference between the FR-S and BRZ Limited or just buy the upgrades to get the FR-S up to what I want.

Thanks
If I were you I would wait till they fix the issues hehe
That's what I do
csaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #3
PoRco
Ef Arr Ess

Drives: Ablaze MT (2016)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre39j View Post

Thanks
No one here can really answer this question for you.

It really comes down to YOU. Do YOU think the additions are worth it?

Do you like the look of the BRZ better? (as minor as they are, but huge to some)

Does the price difference justify the enhancements to YOU?

Questions like that can only be answered by you. There are people on tHE Subaru side who will swear by the BRZ and deem the features worth it. And then there are FRS owners who think the FRS is perfect.

Only you can decide.

But do your research
PoRco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #4
soorma

Drives: Ford F-250
If you need help comparing, I found some articles by googling
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...ntrast-feature
soorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:26 AM   #5
Skyhound

Drives: Jaguar X-Type
I suggest that you try driving both. The twins have a very subtle difference in suspension that may make one seem better to you than the other. The difference is very small and difficult to quantify though I've seen that picking the right one for you will generally increase your personal lap times.
Skyhound is offline   Reply With Quote