follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 09-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #85
Jeff_DML

Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan(last motor vehicle)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
anybody try Socal dealers recently for VIP pricing since they seem to be on dealer lots nowadays? Based on above posts it seems like a small chance they will offer.
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #86
TurboBrett

Drives: 13 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_DML View Post
anybody try Socal dealers recently for VIP pricing since they seem to be on dealer lots nowadays? Based on above posts it seems like a small chance they will offer.
You will have to call first and ask. I asked the VIP program people at Subaru to confirm that my local dealer would do it.
TurboBrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #87
Wafflejuice

Drives: '15 WRB BRZ Aozora
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdanyo View Post
Anyone from Canada have a good experience with this program? I signed up a couple of days ago, so I won't be able to use it until October, but I'd love to hear about Canadians using the program successfully in the meantime.
If no one answered this yet.... the BRZ is excluded from the Canadian program.

Q. Is this offer open to any vehicle?

A. Most models are available. However, the new BRZ is not available. Certain models may be temporarily excluded subject to dealer availability.

http://www.imbacanada.com/subaru/faq
Wafflejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #88
JustStan

Drives: '00 Eclipse GT
Quote:
I got my VIP form from Subaru this week, but before I could even bring it to the dealership the dealership called me to tell me that they wouldn't honor it for the BRZ, "due to limited inventories and the significant markups that other dealerships are doing on the BRZ".

Disappointing, but I was glad they called me rather than using the prospect of the discount to get me into the dealership.

Btw, I asked if they were taking orders for 2014 MYs and he said he'd have to ask his sales manager and get back to me. I want my 2014 BRZ!!!
JustStan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #89
Jeff_DML

Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan(last motor vehicle)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStan View Post
I got my VIP form from Subaru this week, but before I could even bring it to the dealership the dealership called me to tell me that they wouldn't honor it for the BRZ, "due to limited inventories and the significant markups that other dealerships are doing on the BRZ".

Disappointing, but I was glad they called me rather than using the prospect of the discount to get me into the dealership.

Btw, I asked if they were taking orders for 2014 MYs and he said he'd have to ask his sales manager and get back to me. I want my 2014 BRZ!!!
Thanks

As far as I can tell there is no special kickback from Subaru for it so I am still trying to figure out why a dealer would do VIP pricing unless it is near their normal transaction pricing?
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #90
mrdanyo

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited (World Rally Blue)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflejuice View Post
If no one answered this yet.... the BRZ is excluded from the Canadian program.

Q. Is this offer open to any vehicle?

A. Most models are available. However, the new BRZ is not available. Certain models may be temporarily excluded subject to dealer availability.

http://www.imbacanada.com/subaru/faq
"Subaru Canada's VIP Program provides IMBA Canada individual/family members with an opportunity for significant savings on the purchase or lease of a new Subaru.* The program is open to all Subaru models including the WRX, STI, BRZ (April 2013) and XV Crosstrek models."

They must have changed it again.
mrdanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #91
Wafflejuice

Drives: '15 WRB BRZ Aozora
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdanyo View Post
"Subaru Canada's VIP Program provides IMBA Canada individual/family members with an opportunity for significant savings on the purchase or lease of a new Subaru.* The program is open to all Subaru models including the WRX, STI, BRZ (April 2013) and XV Crosstrek models."

They must have changed it again.

Yup.
It shows this on their site.

Subaru Canada's VIP Program provides IMBA Canada individual/family members with an opportunity for significant savings on the purchase or lease of a new Subaru.* The program is open to all Subaru models including the WRX, STI, and XV Crosstrek models.

It does say ALL Subaru models, but in the FAQ, BRZ excluded. So I'm a bit confused.
Wafflejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #92
gt8613
I dream of BRZ

Drives: Prospective BRZ owner.
So, all said and done, is buying a membership to save on a subaru worth it?

The website says up $3k below MSRP. I feel that Clint is already giving a better deal on a BRZ. As for other Subarus, I am not sure.
gt8613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #93
TurboBrett

Drives: 13 BRZ
Depends on the cost of flying+driving for you, assuming you don't live in Co. Springs. Or price+shipping of the car, if you don't mind transport and remote acceptance of the car.

It's nearly a nobrainer if it's just a day trip there and back...
TurboBrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #94
kowasu.mono

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (GBS)
I actually had a dealer reject my Subaru VIP (2% under invoice) discount. Thankfully Clint gave me a deal was even lower than VIP pricing. Even if I included the handling and transportation fee, the cost from purchasing from Clint is approximately the same as purchasing the vehicle at VIP pricing.

If you can get a dealer to accept VIP pricing that would definitely be more convenient. But if you can't purchase the car at VIP, then purchase from Clint.
kowasu.mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #95
dtrop

Drives: Wrb 2014 limited brZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
When signing up, does one have to have any knowledge about IMBA or mountain biking?

Is it just, "hey here's my $30, now I'm a member?"
dtrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #96
Bad Habits

Drives: br zed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrop View Post
When signing up, does one have to have any knowledge about IMBA or mountain biking?

Is it just, "hey here's my $30, now I'm a member?"
There are stipulations with some of these programs so before you sign up for a particular program call them before you give someone a membership fee. I know with my professional program you have to be a member for 1 full calendar year to get the 2% under invoice.

And I had zero issues with it being processed, etc. I called my program verified they still had an agreement with Subaru, called Subaru and gave them the dealers info (even though I had a standing offer with the dealer) and I had an email in less than 24 hrs with all the info. The dealer had all their info in less than 48 hrs. There was zero hassle and it was probably the easiest car buying experience Ive had in the last two years.
Bad Habits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #97
Bad Habits

Drives: br zed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflejuice View Post
Yup.
It shows this on their site.

Subaru Canada's VIP Program provides IMBA Canada individual/family members with an opportunity for significant savings on the purchase or lease of a new Subaru.* The program is open to all Subaru models including the WRX, STI, and XV Crosstrek models.

It does say ALL Subaru models, but in the FAQ, BRZ excluded. So I'm a bit confused.
I can only speak for the paperwork I saw thru the program I qualified for. I noticed on the dealer copy I signed for the 2% info they listed something like "CASLPA perspective Canadian buyers" and the BRZ was not part of the program.

I can confirm as I asked the Subaru rep AND the dealer when requesting the 2% program info the WRX and STI are not and will not be part of these programs. Only reason I asked is that this is my first Subaru product and if I liked I might be trading in a 24/36 mos for an STI of some form.
Bad Habits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #98
dehydratedH2O

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited DGM
Quote:
Thanks

As far as I can tell there is no special kickback from Subaru for it so I am still trying to figure out why a dealer would do VIP pricing unless it is near their normal transaction pricing?
there's definitely a kickback from SOA.

I just ordered my BRZ on VIP thru ASPCA. Smooooooth sailing. I'm sure Clint would have come up with a very similar price, but my local dealer is actually really good, and it's a bit more convenient. For those that are on the fence: VIP is definitely worth it as long as your dealer isn't a ****.
dehydratedH2O is offline   Reply With Quote