follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 09-01-2020, 09:31 AM   #15
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBezugs View Post

Had an absolute blast at Shannonville Pro on Saturday! I just went for lapping since it's my first time on track proper with my BRZ since it was stock back in 2017. PS4S's meant I was getting point-by's in the 1st session with a wet track, but as the track started to dry up, my hand was out the window for a good portion of the other 2 sessions with everyone else on 200TW tires .

Coming from a karting and sim-racing background where I am fairly quick, it was a humbling experience. The guys that compete in OTA are FAST. There's definitely a learning curve in terms of confidence in the car on track, particularly in the brakes. I know I was under-utilizing them a fair amount and braking quite earlier than I needed to, but like all other driving endeavors I've been a part of, confidence will come with seat time.

If anyone is on the fence about attending an OTA event, do it! It's incredibly well-organized, properly marshaled, and a very safe environment to get your track fix, whether just for lapping like me (for now) or competing! Everyone was very friendly and forthcoming in answering any questions or concerns I had, and were super welcoming to a novice like myself.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you stack up all OTA competitors, we have overall, a very high bar for talent. And the best part, most of them are driver mod and not as crazy car mod given our PAX system. It's really oriented for self funded racers.

Glad you enjoyed the event but too bad we didn't get much chance to talk with me being in race control.

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frost For This Useful Post:
wparsons (09-05-2020)
Old 09-01-2020, 05:36 PM   #16
JBezugs
Good Job Subaru!

Drives: Green '17 BRZ Sport-Tech MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you stack up all OTA competitors, we have overall, a very high bar for talent. And the best part, most of them are driver mod and not as crazy car mod given our PAX system. It's really oriented for self funded racers.

Glad you enjoyed the event but too bad we didn't get much chance to talk with me being in race control.
Absolutely. If I'm in town for Event 6, I'll try to make it out.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:38 PM   #17
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Garage

Ontario Time Attack returns to the track where most of us began our lapping experience: Toronto Motorsports Park!

With the 2020 season closing down, what better way than to BREAK SOME RECORDS? At the last event, despite the ridiculous heat, we still had a record broken by Daniel Alexander Cocar in GT3 in a BRZ. What can YOU do to add to the list?

Come out to do competition or even just to lap in one of the cleanest sessions you'll ever get!

Sign up at the link below or here: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...eattack-921744

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
The Following User Says Thank You to Frost For This Useful Post:
wparsons (09-05-2020)
Old 09-05-2020, 07:52 PM   #18
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner View Post
Okay I gotta make sure I get every GT86 from the event...

DONE

Literally half the field on one day of the SMP weekend, good turnout!
Old 09-09-2020, 02:36 PM   #19
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post

Ontario Time Attack returns to the track where most of us began our lapping experience: Toronto Motorsports Park!

With the 2020 season closing down, what better way than to BREAK SOME RECORDS? At the last event, despite the ridiculous heat, we still had a record broken by Daniel Alexander Cocar in GT3 in a BRZ. What can YOU do to add to the list?

Come out to do competition or even just to lap in one of the cleanest sessions you'll ever get!

Sign up at the link below or here: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...eattack-921744

With the weather looking AMAZING for this Saturday, WHO's coming to break some records at TMP?

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK