follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Which jab have you had?
Pfizer 53 51.96%
Moderna 27 26.47%
Johnson & Johnson 6 5.88%
AstraZeneca 4 3.92%
Novavax 0 0%
Sputnik 1 0.98%
Convidecia 0 0%
Homebrew with a big dose of something special 11 10.78%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 07:24 PM   #1443
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,469 Times in 18,894 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
Cliff notes for the lazy, plus it was repeated 3 posts or so back, 1) Prior severe complications to flu vaccines, 2) Robust immune system, 3) Have been advised against getting it (the vaccine) by my doctors.

See above

Pretty sure all those viruses/diseases are still around, and mutating, and infecting people.

Again, see above
I get that you are carrying on several parallel discussions. I don't think that I've been unreasonable. I asked that direct question days ago, not to hassle, but because I'm genuinely doing my best to understand the reasons for your positions. You didn't answer. While I don't expect it to matter, for the record, I don't consider you to be one of the bitter "deplorables," nor pilot. That's why I continue to engage respectfully. If you prefer I don't, no sweat, but let's not engage in the passive-aggressive jabs.

Now, with respect to all those other diseases, yeah. They're still around and remain a threat to the unvaccinated. Are you arguing against those vaccines as well?
Old 04-07-2021, 08:16 PM   #1444
TommyW

Drives: '13 Whiteout
Thanked 1,242 Times in 673 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Dude. I answered your question about 10 posts back.
So humor me. As i don't think you answered. Why is it ok to allow undocumented people into the country by the thousands without being tested while we have these lockdowns. While I don't condemn people for wanting this vaccine It would be great to hear why they are doing it. This is a simple question. Do you feel it's safe and if so what is your rationale?
Old 04-07-2021, 08:33 PM   #1445
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,400 Times in 6,129 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyW View Post
The CDC says no travel however is silent about the influx of illegals at the border into the country with no testing or any real concern.
Quote:
Have you considered that the CDC is not in charge of border security? It is already illegal to cross into the US without permission. The CDC isn't a police force, what do you expect them to do about it?

Edit, the CDC hasn't remained silent on it, please see covid-19 specific resources for refugees and immigrants. Took me 10 minutes to find, only because it's a government website and we all know how great those are...

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...n-toolkit.html

In fact there is a whole section of the website dedicated to immigrant and refuge health.

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/index.html
Quote:
So humor me. As i don't think you answered. Why is it ok to allow undocumented people into the country by the thousands without being tested while we have these lockdowns. While I don't condemn people for wanting this vaccine It would be great to hear why they are doing it. This is a simple question. Do you feel it's safe and if so what is your rationale?
I am quoting the original set of posts to illustrate that, while similar, you are now asking a different question.

My answer is the same for the new question as well. The CDC is not silent on the immigration matter. Please see my quoted post for links to these resources. These specify that immigrants and refugees have to be examined for infectious diseases in general among other health concerns. They go further to have resources and policies dedicated to covid-19 in the immigrant and refugee population.

TLDR: Any person immigrating to the US is subject to certain medical evaluation procedures to screen against certain diseases. I feel perfectly safe knowing these procedures are in place.

If you are referring to those entering the US illegally, as I mentioned, the CDC has not been granted the power to physically prevent people from breaking the law, so there is nothing they specifically can do about it. Would you like to give the CDC that power over yourself and others?
Old 04-07-2021, 08:38 PM   #1446
TommyW

Drives: '13 Whiteout
Thanked 1,242 Times in 673 Posts
Quote:
I am quoting the original set of posts to illustrate that, while similar, you are now asking a different question.

My answer is the same for the new question as well. The CDC is not silent on the immigration matter. Please see my quoted post for links to these resources. These specify that immigrants and refugees have to be examined for infectious diseases in general among other health concerns. They go further to have resources and policies dedicated to covid-19 in the immigrant and refugee population.

TLDR: Any person immigrating to the US is subject to certain medical evaluation procedures to screen against certain diseases. I feel perfectly safe knowing these procedures are in place.

If you are referring to those entering the US illegally, as I mentioned, the CDC has not been granted the power to physically prevent people from breaking the law, so there is nothing they specifically can do about it. Would you like to give the CDC that power over yourself and others?
Haha ok chief. There'll vetted, got it
The Following User Says Thank You to TommyW For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 09:41 PM   #1447
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
Careful now, I hear they finding creative ways to ban people who aren't fitting the narative.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Didn't think they would touch that one, lol.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:06 PM   #1448
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,400 Times in 6,129 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Haha ok chief. They're all vetted, got it
FIFY
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
spike021 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 12:15 AM   #1449
dpfarr

Drives: BRZ ts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Logic was to wait on the vaccine until more data was available due to an ailment, there is not enough data to say it is reasonably safe for me at this time. As I have stated earlier, if/when they say it is safe, for me, I will get it. If they conclude it is not safe in my case, I won't.
I get that you’re saying ‘me’ as the operative word. However, my reasoning for vaccine safety in this instance has been the efficacy and side effects to doses initially. They were very low especially compared to something like an attenuated virus vaccine.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:24 AM   #1450
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Update for @p1l0t:

Besides the left arm soreness yesterday, I started feeling crappy around 5am.

These were typical symptoms of how I've felt in the past when I'm "coming down with something." Headache, pain behind my eyes, body ache, sore throat, and general fatigue/low energy.

Took a few naps today, and the symptoms persisted until about 9pm when they started to subside. I feel pretty much back to normal now. So roughly 16 hours total of feeling crappy.

I haven't had an erection or orgasm post-vaccination yet, so I can't update you on those things quite yet but rest assured I will do so when the time comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy

Last edited by Clipdat; 04-08-2021 at 12:37 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
Kaotic Lazagna (04-08-2021), p1l0t (04-08-2021), spike021 (04-08-2021), Spuds (04-08-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 08:54 AM   #1451
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Update for @p1l0t:

Besides the left arm soreness yesterday, I started feeling crappy around 5am.

These were typical symptoms of how I've felt in the past when I'm "coming down with something." Headache, pain behind my eyes, body ache, sore throat, and general fatigue/low energy.

Took a few naps today, and the symptoms persisted until about 9pm when they started to subside. I feel pretty much back to normal now. So roughly 16 hours total of feeling crappy.

--- SNIP -- A bit TMI .
That parallels my experience with the Moderna product. I think you're the first person I've heard relate a reaction to the Phizer vaccine. So you're several weeks away from the second dose?
wbradley (04-08-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 09:28 AM   #1452
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,094 Times in 2,044 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
So what I get from that is that someplace in Oregon is a poor, homeless, black, lesbian, Buddhist woman saying "I'm first!"
Old as this quote it, it has partially come true here in Vermont. White people are having to follow an order, but there are two clinics that are serving walk-ins for people of color only. Asians still have to wait. Homeless people have to wait. Teachers have to wait.

I'm not racist, I'm just surprised that local government has made such a polarizing move
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkPira7e For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-08-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 10:10 AM   #1453
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
Old as this quote it, it has partially come true here in Vermont. White people are having to follow an order, but there are two clinics that are serving walk-ins for people of color only. Asians still have to wait. Homeless people have to wait. Teachers have to wait.

I'm not racist, I'm just surprised that local government has made such a polarizing move
I'm not surprised at all. It's all about whatever makes you feel good. If I got the injection everyone else needs to get it too! (because you know it works so well I need you to have it too to feel safe) And minorities should go first, because you know racism is still a thing, because we said it is again even though there are probably only like 3 people in the country who still are. And if you don't agree you're banned! It's the herd mentality.

The Following User Says Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
Opie (04-08-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 11:16 AM   #1454
Opie

Drives: '13 BRZ TLM Spec
Thanked 2,301 Times in 993 Posts
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Garage
Here is some recent news to add to the fodder....

Vaccine quality control issues:
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...tored-closely/

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/06/u...solutions.html

Medical reactions to the Vaccine news:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/07/eu-m...ood-clots.html

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2021...3371611335050/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...us/7109380002/

Interesting claim of relief from prior medical issues after getting vaccine:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/03/healt...ess/index.html

Posted as informational, not confrontational.

And a serious question to pet owners, are you worried about, taking steps to prevent your pets from getting and possibly spreading Covid?
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g/animals.html
p1l0t (04-08-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 11:50 AM   #1455
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,469 Times in 18,894 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
And a serious question to pet owners, are you worried about, taking steps to prevent your pets from getting and possibly spreading Covid?
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g/animals.html
I'm convinced that I had it back in late Feb last year when it first made its way down the I-5 corridor. Caught it from a colleague who sat behind me in the office. Mild symptoms for a week but my cat had a raging dry cough and was lethargic at exactly the same time. Never before seen that in my life. I made the connection when reports of big cats catching it in zoos came out soon after. My cat's symptoms were dramatic. She recovered quickly and I was never tested but yeah, we had it.

Am I worried? Meh... Just gotta roll with the punches.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:25 PM   #1456
dpfarr

Drives: BRZ ts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Early on I kept my dog socially distanced from others. Both as a inhibitory action of her being a vector to my wife and I in addition to the possibility she would be affected.
Closed Thread

Tags
eagle5 got sandy vag, tread harder daddy, tylerlieberman is a cuck