follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

View Poll Results: Should Toyota back a showroom stock, or any other one model series using the FT86
yes 16 80.00%
no 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 11-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #15
White Comet
Resident Skeptic

Drives: '04 WRX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A Spec series is a great idea. Enthusiasts like us get our rock on, and the people in advertising can be happy about a great marketing campaign. I love it.
White Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #16
JDMinc

Drives: IS300
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolToys View Post
I see this car slowly taking most of the miata's mantle in the SCCA solo series. That is, if they can keep the weight down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4agze View Post
I hope so, just like the AE86 i want this car to have a strong and rich racing history not just drifting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
I would rather see Toyota branch out into other racing series instead of just creating their own. I would like to see the Camry, Lexus IS, or FT-86 in the Speed World Challenge competing with the BMW 328, Mazda 6, and Acuras. How about the Street Tuner class in Trans Am? Running with GTI's and RX-8's.

If Toyota wants to develop their own racing series they should publicize it how VW did with their TDI cup. But that's just me.
+1 +1 +1

I think Toyota needs to brings its cars into more grass roots (compared to F1) racing series. BMW does a great job or entering its 1 series, 3 series and M3 into all kinds of racing series and gets a lot of publicity for it. If they can have some success racing the FT86 it instantly legitimize the car as a true sports car. People will flock to it like we already hae.

I know toyota hasn't had a sporty car to enter into these racing series for a while but the FT-86 would be perfect for that!
JDMinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:03 AM   #17
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolToys View Post
Have they ever done anything similar in the US before though? I can't think of anything. Its always been events started by fans, not Toyota.

But that would be awesome! Closest track we have around here in Nashville is the infield at the Super Speedway. Its not exactly a Laguna Seca (lol) but if they brought an FT-86 Toyota backed event here, I'd be there in a heart beat.

Maybe they could expand the Toyota pro/celebrity race?

Say have a one make series in different areas, winners go to a final race and the champ races in the pro/celebrity race
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote