follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 09-01-2022, 02:49 AM   #1
jeepmor

Drives: 84 CJ7, 08 Duramax, 2014 FRS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lenos Products

I'm late to the ceramic game, but love this Lenos Garage Radiant product.

My routine is wash, clay bar, then apply a cleaner/carnauba wax coat. I just switched to Radiant for my usual Carnauba wax. First off, I'm impressed I simply don't have to deal with wax slop on anything ever again. Worth the price of entry right there. And it holds up much better than any carnauba or cleaner wax I've put on my cars yet. Two coats on my FRS for reference. And an RV face in the brutal sun in the summer is holding up really well.

I'm trying it on the truck's trim, our 08 Silverado. I start with Lenos tire and trim cleaner, then added Lenos Radiant. So far so good a wash or two in 95 degree summer baking bugs on like, well, summer conditions. Best results yet, but still early. Trim cleaner without the Radiant does fade rather fast in just a week or two.

I'm finding Radiant to be a really good fit for sealer on trim as well. After you use it, you just want to spray it on everything, even glass. Just clean it all really good first and watch it rinse off washes later.

I'm now using it on our travel trailer for the same reason as well. Less effort to apply, and longer lasting results. The heavy polish I had to do this summer on the front fiberglass and following Radiant application is changing all sorts of upkeep schedules to my favor.

Still early for me, I'm no detailing aficionado by any stretch. But I do like how these products make my effort go quite a bit farther on my exterior protection. Especially the Radiant product, I'm purging all my waxes now from my garage.

Last edited by jeepmor; 09-01-2022 at 03:09 AM.
jeepmor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeepmor For This Useful Post:
Wally86 (09-01-2022)
Old 09-01-2022, 09:06 PM   #2
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Leno's? Jay Leno?
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 08:53 AM   #3
kylebrown09754

Drives: Subaru
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kylebrown09754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 11:45 AM   #4
Teseo

Drives: frs
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,769 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Ceramic shampoo is really good and well priced
Teseo is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teseo For This Useful Post:
jeepmor (09-05-2022)
Old 09-05-2022, 01:43 PM   #5
jeepmor

Drives: 84 CJ7, 08 Duramax, 2014 FRS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Yes, Jay Leno's products via his Leno's garage car care line. I'm at 4 weeks in a hot PNW summer and it's still holding up the shine and still getting large water beads when wet down and washed. Trim test on the truck holding up well too, been 4 weeks as well with only one wash. The leno's tire and trim care does get the trim in great shape, but the fade returns faster without the radiant sealer. I'm pretty impressed so far considering it's been a hot August here in the PNW.

And, to provide full disclosure. I just bought some tire/trim lotion, and leather cleaner, then sealer and the Radiant came with it. Impressed with all products, hands down. I'm likely moving all my cleaning gear to Leno's products moving forward. But this ceramic's ability to seal up paint and trim has me pretty amazed. But the spray ceramic stuff, next level for sure. Late to the game over here, I think, but I've already tossed my wax to the donation center and bought 3 more bottles of Leno's Radiant ceramic. Namely, the trailer has a lot of panel acreage, as does the truck. My little FRS got two liberal coats and I have 1/3 to 1/4 bottle left for reference.

Last edited by jeepmor; 09-08-2022 at 09:48 PM.
jeepmor is offline   Reply With Quote