follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-14-2015, 10:28 AM   #15
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
You could try a different bank too. A local credit union offers 1% off your rate if you refinance an auto loan with them. Maybe there is a similar offer in your area. I've also had my bank be somewhat unpleasant about a loan so I went to the credit union and got a good deal. Maybe your bank just hates money
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:58 PM   #16
Rally

Drives: Mazda 3
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
You could try a different bank too. A local credit union offers 1% off your rate if you refinance an auto loan with them. Maybe there is a similar offer in your area. I've also had my bank be somewhat unpleasant about a loan so I went to the credit union and got a good deal. Maybe your bank just hates money
Awesome thanks alot, ill look over all these options. Im getting the vibe they may hate me lol
Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:12 PM   #17
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,937 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
@Rally I have to think that the person at the bank either completely misunderstood you, or they didn't really know what they were doing.

If you go down to the bank (or better yet a credit union) and explain that you want to purchase the FR-S with a $9,000 loan that will immediately be used to pay off your existing car loan and you will never have possession of the money they shouldn't have a problem, particularly given the your "new" car will have about 50% or more equity.

Now, I do know there are some states where you can't actually sell your car if there is a lien against it if it is a private sale. Don't know if that is what you are running into or not, as I'm not sure how that works.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:57 PM   #18
Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
@Rally I have to think that the person at the bank either completely misunderstood you, or they didn't really know what they were doing.

If you go down to the bank (or better yet a credit union) and explain that you want to purchase the FR-S with a $9,000 loan that will immediately be used to pay off your existing car loan and you will never have possession of the money they shouldn't have a problem, particularly given the your "new" car will have about 50% or more equity.

Now, I do know there are some states where you can't actually sell your car if there is a lien against it if it is a private sale. Don't know if that is what you are running into or not, as I'm not sure how that works.
Okay this makes alot of sense to me. I will say exactly this. Fingers crossed haha Thanks!
Old 04-14-2015, 04:24 PM   #19
Rally

Just called, it is a credit union by the way. And they said that they don't offer the option to refinance their own loans. Im guessing I would have to get a loan through another bank to make this a possibility. This blowsss
Old 04-14-2015, 04:29 PM   #20
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally View Post
Just called, it is a credit union by the way. And they said that they don't offer the option to refinance their own loans. Im guessing I would have to get a loan through another bank to make this a possibility. This blowsss
of course they wouldn't refinance their own loan given the circumstances..

helps to do a lot of research on fiscal subjects before committing to such a large binding contract.. I know it may be a bit dull or dreary at first, but if one frames money as a measure of effort, not just some ficticiously-valued piece of paper, then the financial world becomes a whole lot more interesting. All about that perspective
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Koa For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-15-2015)
Old 04-14-2015, 05:16 PM   #21
Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
of course they wouldn't refinance their own loan given the circumstances..

helps to do a lot of research on fiscal subjects before committing to such a large binding contract.. I know it may be a bit dull or dreary at first, but if one frames money as a measure of effort, not just some ficticiously-valued piece of paper, then the financial world becomes a whole lot more interesting. All about that perspective
Yea I hear ya, I was just hoping. The only reason I have the loan is because I bought a 2014 ford fusion off my uncle for an insanely good price. Just trying to sell it to make some money and buy an frs. I may be able to buy out the loan but really dont feel like doing that because i would need to borrow some money from the parents ...
The Following User Says Thank You to Rally For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-15-2015)
Old 04-15-2015, 07:53 AM   #22
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,937 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Makes no sense since they aren't refinancing their own loan. You are taking out a second car loan and using the proceeds to pay off the first. Refinancing would mean its the same loan, using the same collateral.

Oh well...

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-15-2015)
Old 04-15-2015, 08:16 AM   #23
pinski
Stole my avy from zGrinch

Drives: 2015 Audi S3
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Yea I hear ya, I was just hoping. The only reason I have the loan is because I bought a 2014 ford fusion off my uncle for an insanely good price. Just trying to sell it to make some money and buy an frs. I may be able to buy out the loan but really dont feel like doing that because i would need to borrow some money from the parents ...
You could always revert to one of my original suggestions and contact that FRS owner and ask how much he wants if he just sells it outright. You could take the Fusion to Carmax and probably get $15k out of it at least. They'll apply $9k to your loan to pay it off and you'll have $6k on hand. Use that $6k + a new loan to buy the FRS, or any other FRS you see and like.

2015 Audi /S3 | Panther Black | DSG
Gone...2014 BRZ, 2010 Lexus IS F-Sport, 2006 Mazda MX5, 1997 Mustang GT
pinski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinski For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-15-2015)
Old 04-15-2015, 12:16 PM   #24
Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Makes no sense since they aren't refinancing their own loan. You are taking out a second car loan and using the proceeds to pay off the first. Refinancing would mean its the same loan, using the same collateral.

Oh well...
Yea i'm upset. I literally read word for word off these ideas to the bank and they said they dont do that. good news is someone contacted me and wants to check the car out to possibly buy it. Lets hope
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rally For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (04-15-2015), Tcoat (04-15-2015)
Old 04-15-2015, 12:17 PM   #25
Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinski View Post
You could always revert to one of my original suggestions and contact that FRS owner and ask how much he wants if he just sells it outright. You could take the Fusion to Carmax and probably get $15k out of it at least. They'll apply $9k to your loan to pay it off and you'll have $6k on hand. Use that $6k + a new loan to buy the FRS, or any other FRS you see and like.
Yea this is true, Im just trying to sell privately for now so I can profit the most. But if it takes to long to sell I will consider it! Thanks