follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #29
dori.
Seņor Member

Drives: white BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
you could probably fly out here to the east coast, check out one of our nice cities like NYC or Philly, drive back and still be on top.

fuck 5k markup.
dori. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dori. For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (10-22-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #30
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by that_one_guy View Post
I guess there are dealers who sell the car at MSRP and there are dealers who sell the car for over 30K, but there aren't any that have good incentives at MSRP....
I went back and re-read the original post. What you are describing is a slightly different issue.

The OP explicitly asked for an OEM car and when he drove over to the dealership, they tried to force him into add-on extras that he does not want. That's shady business practice, plain and simple.

The issue here is not whether a dealer adds stuff to the car. It's their perogative to sell whatever ugly tacked-on hooptie shit that tickles their fancy. We can complain all day to Scion but as long as the dealer is in compliance with Pure Price mandate (that you sell the car for the price you advertise, whatever that may be) then there is nothing they can, will, or really want to do.

The issue here is that they should be upfront about it so customer can make informed decisions. Ultimately it's a matter of choosing where you shop. Put your money where your mouth is. Like @GhostofAkina is doing -- looking elsewhere for a dealer who behaves ethically.
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #31
import_bible

Drives: Infiniti G35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Have you tried emailing the dealers around your area instead?
import_bible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #32
Ingen

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Shadow View Post
The heated seats and leather seats are all dealership options. Not every dealer does it. I elected to stay with the cloth seats but im from wisconsin and winters are way too cold so for a couple hundred more i had them throw heated seats in the cloth ones.
I wonder if the seat heaters and switches will fit in the FR-S trim, and if the wiring is already there?
Ingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #33
FR-Shadow

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingen View Post
I wonder if the seat heaters and switches will fit in the FR-S trim, and if the wiring is already there?

I am not sure exactly but in the middle where you have that empty square is where the switches go, similar to the BRZ.
FR-Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #34
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostofAkina View Post
I've been hunting down the FRS in southern California since I decided to get one. I've gone to several dealers around here and much to my chagrin I have found that almost every one has been adding either leather seats, navigation, and rims and have been jacking up the price to over 30k. After explicty asking for a stock from the factory FRS the dealers tell me they have one and then wait for me to get there to tell me they've added "sweet 18" performance rims" which I know are worth $1,400 tops and then adding $4,000 to the sticker. I found one dealer that is willing to sell me an FRS stock but I'm on a waiting list and who knows how long it will take to actually come in. I'm just sick of these shady Scion dealers. I could'nt hold my tongue any longer. I thought Subaru was bad, Scion has been proven to be worse. Just had to vent.
Go to New Mexico or Colorado. There are plenty of Scion dealers with FR-S willing to sell to you. What color are you looking for? I will help you out. I know of a dealer in Dallas that has a Whiteout 6 speed manual for MSRP, that still has not sold it yet...
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #35
Zoomryder

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Go to Longo Toyota/Scion and Ask for David. He'll sell it to you at MSRP if available. This place moves high volume so they always have shipments coming in every month.

Got my ultramarine there for $25,100 6-speed
Zoomryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #36
Tigranakert

Drives: Hot Lava FRS 2013
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
I was getting sick of dealerships in general. I hate being lied to...told "we're the only dealership in the state with one on the lot", or "they're impossible to find anywhere". The biggest one I heard was "there are no leasing options on the FR-S...it's not offered".
Same thing to me!! It was supposedly the only dealership with a Hot Lava 500 miles in any direction. Bullshit much was that I got it from a broker who found 4 in a 100 mile radius. And then one other dealership said that they were the biggest in town and they got all the cars first and that if they wanted a car, they could get it from other dealerships, too. I just needed to pay the next day and wait...
Tigranakert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #37
CaptainSlow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigranakert View Post
Same thing to me!! It was supposedly the only dealership with a Hot Lava 500 miles in any direction. Bullshit much was that I got it from a broker who found 4 in a 100 mile radius. And then one other dealership said that they were the biggest in town and they got all the cars first and that if they wanted a car, they could get it from other dealerships, too. I just needed to pay the next day and wait...
Exactly. Dealer trades happen every day. I just don't understand why they flat out lie to you...maybe that worked 50 years ago when you couldn't share stories like this so easily. People KNOW the truth now...it's very easy to identify a lie.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #38
try2findmark

Drives: Bukkake FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yep, just browsed through a few SoCal dealerships and this one dealership(name will remain anonymous) had the balls to list their FR-S a little bit over 32k...
try2findmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #39
Jakeedaman21

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S M/T
I got my MT from Marina Del Rey Toyota at MSRP, but they added the Toyota paint protection spray and LoJack. I can't complain though because I bought it the same day it went on the lot without being on any wait lists. I paid $27k, with the paint protector and LoJack being $900 each. I know that they made money off of that but it was better than waiting 3 months with my mechanically unreliable POS.
Jakeedaman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #40
GhostofAkina

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I just got home from picking up new FR-S in raven black!!! HUGE thanks to @gunmetal5, I hit up Fred and he had my in my new car 24 hours later! No muss, no fuss. They asked $24,900 and didn't push any extras! I was hesitant to post a negative thread but I'm really glad I did. Thanks for the help and suggestions fellas!
GhostofAkina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostofAkina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2012, 11:39 PM   #41
einzlr

Drives: several
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostofAkina View Post
I just got home from picking up new FR-S in raven black!!! HUGE thanks to @gunmetal5, I hit up Fred and he had my in my new car 24 hours later! No muss, no fuss. They asked $24,900 and didn't push any extras! I was hesitant to post a negative thread but I'm really glad I did. Thanks for the help and suggestions fellas!
Which dealer was that? Which part of CA?

edit: n/m; I re-read the OP that you're in socal, found the post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunmetal5 View Post
John crown Toyota/scion in Ontario was fired and did not add any add ons to my order. Give Fred a call and let him know Nit sent you. (909) 223-3544
So what's the trick to get them to give you the car at MSRP without extras?
einzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #42
SubieNate

Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Penske Scion of Rancho Santa Margarita was great to me. As for Amir.

Nathan
SubieNate is offline   Reply With Quote