follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 05-09-2023, 04:24 PM   #1
AnalogMan

Drives: 2019 BRZ Limited 6 speed Red
Thanked 1,012 Times in 338 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone paint or wrap stock Limited rear spoiler?

I love the lines on my car. But the only thing I think detracts from the appearance is the rear trunk lid spoiler on the Limited. It’s like a wart on otherwise svelte lines.

I looked into swapping trunk lids with someone with a FRS, but the distance never worked out. I’m now thinking about either painting or wrapping the rear spoiler to match the body (red). Maybe making the flat black horizontal wing match the body will make it less obtrusive.

Has anyone done this? Any pics of the result?

Thanks!
AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 03:29 PM   #2
gtpvette

Drives: 2015 FRS - FFR GTM
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well I did paint one but it wasn't a limited spoiler but a Rallybacker. The biggest issue I had was getting the color right. I had to have it retinted once. I'm curious did it not come painted body color??
Attached Images

2015 FR-S - One Day I'll Finish The Swap
gtpvette is offline   Reply With Quote