follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 10-12-2016, 09:28 PM   #29
vintagemxer

Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
From one vet to someday another...Thanks for serving...Car is a blast...heed the advice of those in the know...Good luck man
vintagemxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:50 PM   #30
justinco
btr.life

Drives: 2022 GR86
Thanked 1,094 Times in 491 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang70Fastback View Post
From what you've written so far, I would not feel comfortable recommending this car to you. You don't sound like the right target audience. No hard feelings; I just don't think your priorities align with the car's.
Yea, this. OP if you are looking for a fast car, in a straight line, the BRZ/FRS is not the optimal choice. There are much better options for the money, if all you want is a point and shoot loud pedal.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:58 PM   #31
Sapphireho
Pressure fried

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,204 Times in 8,592 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
I agree with those that say this is not the car for you. From what you say you are not a car guy, very young, little money in military, etc...

My 86 is very fast, but it cost me a lot to do it, and I am very fortunate that I am at a point in life where I can fix my car with one finger. I take it and point and say "fix that".

Get a good civic and save your money for a house.

Now with that said, I did none of that as a kid. I bought a 911 at 22 when I got my first job out of college. Very stupid, but I already had 4 years experience with the SCCA, but financially the dumbest thing I could have done.

So glad I did.

Good luck to you and stay safe. I have two military kids, one a disabled combat vet, please be safe.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
Leonardo (10-12-2016)
Old 10-14-2016, 12:30 AM   #32
Deaula

Drives: None Yet! (BRZ Soon)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I logged out for 24 hours, and came back to alot of advice on this. After reading everything here, I have finally made up my mind. I am getting this BRZ. It will be somewhat stock. Hopefully I can pick one up that has mods on it like one of the posts here mentioned, an exhaust, intake maybe, just little things. I dont want it ridiculously fast... I have an yamaha R1 for that haha. I want a sporty look (the brz has that for me). After all these replies to this thread, I just love the community here. Thanks for the help in making up my mind guys! Everyone who told me thanks for serving, Thanks for your support, and thank you for everyone who served as well!

Hope to see some people out on the road come January/February !
Deaula is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deaula For This Useful Post:
Luftwaffel (10-16-2016)
Old 10-16-2016, 02:25 PM   #33
ShawnP19

Drives: 2016 Series.HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I'm in a similar boat, knowledge wise. I bit the bullet and bought my BRZ with intents of future modification. At this stage I'm racking up seat time and researching everything I'm interested in. Learning loads in the process. I still change my mind between turbo vs supercharger on a weekly basis so I know I still have a lot more research and driving to do.
Good luck now, and when you get back.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
ShawnP19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birthofaricer, carblewup :/ help!, ifgureditout, mods, noob, passthepopcorn, remodel your kitchen, smhtoomanytimes, whatarepriorities, whatdoyoumeansearch