follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List
jpit

Old 12-15-2014, 10:41 AM   #4453
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
"Get what you pay for- including the name". Just throwing that one out there. Both headers look to be awesome- are they worth the huge pricepoint disparity from most other offerings? To be determined by the individual.
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:05 PM   #4454
GT86_PRAGUE

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
"Get what you pay for- including the name". Just throwing that one out there. Both headers look to be awesome- are they worth the huge pricepoint disparity from most other offerings? To be determined by the individual.
The thing is, I have a tune for Cosworth/Nameless header.
So it is just header swap + Ecutek flash which I can manage myself.
Cosworth is ceramic coated and I dont need to pay additional taxes, custom fees and expensive transport from US, so it is actually cheaper for me to get Cosworth header than Nameless.

Yes, I would like to pay 50% of these costs, but than I would need someone to tune my car from scratch and that will costs me even more.
GT86_PRAGUE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GT86_PRAGUE For This Useful Post:
Koa (12-15-2014)
Old 12-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #4455
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT86_PRAGUE View Post
Cosworth is ceramic coated and I dont need to pay additional taxes, custom fees and expensive transport from US, so it is actually cheaper for me to get Cosworth header than Nameless.

Yes, I would like to pay 50% of these costs, but than I would need someone to tune my car from scratch and that will costs me even more.
I'm speaking to both Nameless and Cosworth headers- sure they're the cats meow, nobody in their right mind would argue that one. Ecutek is boss as well! OFH + OFT is going in my rig for now due to the near-future FI as soon as my warranty drops off @ 36k
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:22 PM   #4456
Shneegle

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

There are plenty of people that tune our cars it really is not hard to get one. I've got the Nameless header and full 3" exhaust and I'm currently running a Stage 2 tune from Delicious Tuning. I have had no issues with the performance of the tune. So its not as bad as you think for tuning, you just have to be ok with etuning.

ALSO, Nameless does offer a tune for their own header. However they don't show it on their website. It would be something that you need to contact them about.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:26 PM   #4457
GT86_PRAGUE

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shneegle View Post
There are plenty of people that tune our cars it really is not hard to get one. I've got the Nameless header and full 3" exhaust and I'm currently running a Stage 2 tune from Delicious Tuning. I have had no issues with the performance of the tune. So its not as bad as you think for tuning, you just have to be ok with etuning.

ALSO, Nameless does offer a tune for their own header. However they don't show it on their website. It would be something that you need to contact them about.
Could you please tell me a name of someone trust worthy in Czech republic? I dont like the idea of remote tune from scratch.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:33 PM   #4458
Shneegle

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Could you please tell me a name of someone trust worthy in Czech republic? I dont like the idea of remote tune from scratch.
It would not be a remote tune from scratch they use a brz/frs they have in house and tune using that. They sell a tune that works on all of our cars. Same as the Cosworth tune you would be getting. The Cosworth tune would be an example of an etune. If you decided to get the Cosworth setup and don't want to use the etune they provide I don't think it would be worth the money.

Never been to the Czech republic so I don't know any tuners there. But an etune is really not that crazy of an idea. Do research into the company you with to get a tune from and pick. I went to a shop near me and the tune was worse than the etune I purchased after. I value the experience a tuner has with our platform over location.

In all honesty you wont be going wrong with either chose between the Nameless header or the whole Cosworth setup. Both are fantastic, I basically have the Cosworth 1.3 setup just all Nameless and I love it.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:32 PM   #4459
Jman1759
Builder

Drives: 2014 BRZ - World Rally Blue
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I agree completely with the above statements and have the Cosworth headers. They are identical to my buddies nameless coated headers. I purchased mine at 10% off (headers only) so it was basically the same cost as the nameless coated headers, but with no wait time for shipping. Like @Shneegle mentioned I also have the rest of my setup as nameless and it is great. I am using the stage 2 OFT tune for 91 octane and it is clearly more powerful than my buddies stock header with tune. Great product
Attached Images

Jman1759 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jman1759 For This Useful Post:
GT86_PRAGUE (12-16-2014)
Old 12-16-2014, 02:54 AM   #4460
GT86_PRAGUE

Garage
Quote:
It would not be a remote tune from scratch they use a brz/frs they have in house and tune using that. They sell a tune that works on all of our cars. Same as the Cosworth tune you would be getting. The Cosworth tune would be an example of an etune. If you decided to get the Cosworth setup and don't want to use the etune they provide I don't think it would be worth the money.

Never been to the Czech republic so I don't know any tuners there. But an etune is really not that crazy of an idea. Do research into the company you with to get a tune from and pick. I went to a shop near me and the tune was worse than the etune I purchased after. I value the experience a tuner has with our platform over location.

In all honesty you wont be going wrong with either chose between the Nameless header or the whole Cosworth setup. Both are fantastic, I basically have the Cosworth 1.3 setup just all Nameless and I love it.
I bought Coswort kit from abroad, nearest tuner from this dealer is in Germany. I think that Cos tune will be ok and I will use this. And yes, I dont think that someone local will give me better tune and I also think that is not worth it to get special tune from someone in UK/US if I have catback only.
If/when I have whole 1.3 kit and it still dont fix the lowend gap than I will jump to someone who can fix this (if possible).

Nameless replied to my question and said that Cos are same as their with ceramic coating (as expected) but they claim that their header was designed to ged rid of this gap, but this is showed on Cos graph as a loss not gain! So I dont get it.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:57 AM   #4461
GT86_PRAGUE

Garage
Quote:

Cosworth is actually cheaper for me than Nameless.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:04 PM   #4462
2superblus

Drives: 13 BRZ WRB
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Do you have an intake on your car?

Quote:
This graph:

Before they released 2.0 kit they were advertising this graph:

I am on Yellow now (will be tomorrow).
If/when I upgrade to 1.3 (Blue lines) I will be actually getting less power between 2800-3700rpm for 2000 GBP?
2superblus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #4463
GT86_PRAGUE

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2superblus View Post
Do you have an intake on your car?
Stock but not for long.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:07 PM   #4464
Circuit Motorsports

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Circuit Motorsports
Just as a reference, I e-tuned a GT86 with the Nameless header and eliminated the stock torque dip. You'll see a very small dip earlier in the rpm range, but it cannot be felt. Graph shows before and after tune with header installed.

Don't get too focused on the peak numbers. This tune was conservative on the top end for racing purposes, and this was on a Dynocom dyno.

Here's a link to the thread post about this E-tune: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=14

Great results with the Nameless header!

- Bob
Circuit Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Circuit Motorsports For This Useful Post:
GT86_PRAGUE (12-18-2014)
Old 12-18-2014, 03:56 AM   #4465
GT86_PRAGUE

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports View Post
Just as a reference, I e-tuned a GT86 with the Nameless header and eliminated the stock torque dip. You'll see a very small dip earlier in the rpm range, but it cannot be felt. Graph shows before and after tune with header installed.

Don't get too focused on the peak numbers. This tune was conservative on the top end for racing purposes, and this was on a Dynocom dyno.

Here's a link to the thread post about this E-tune: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=14

Great results with the Nameless header!

- Bob
Looks fantastic! This is what I would expect from Cos tune.
I will be buying this in few months, so I will probably PM you then.
Thanks.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:41 PM   #4466
slava

Drives: brZed
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Is there a reason Nameless is not accepting orders on this header right now?
slava is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21 months no dyno, 22 months no vendor dyno, 22months4rattles&leakssmh, amazing warped qualiy, y u no tag