follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 11-12-2014, 08:06 AM   #1
Yrr

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ELM327 OBD2 adapter + Torque = no protocol found

Anyone else having problems with the ELM327 OBD2 adapter in combination with Torque?

Mounted the OBD2 thingie, connected the phone succesfully via bluetooth to the adapter.
After opening Torque it seems to be connecting and starts searching for protocols, but it keep cycling through a sequence of protocols but it never find one that works.

Tried it with or without the engine running and tried other apps, without any results.
Also tried the ELM327 adapter on a other car (VW) and there it's working instantly.

Any Ideas?
Yrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:57 AM   #2
rjgough95

Drives: 13 Subaru BRZ, 02 7.3 F350 Diesel
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I actually just got mine last week I cant recall which OBD2 I got but looks very similar but blue. At first a had trouble im trying to remember what I did to make it work haha.
rjgough95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #3
rjgough95

Drives: 13 Subaru BRZ, 02 7.3 F350 Diesel
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrr View Post
Anyone else having problems with the ELM327 OBD2 adapter in combination with Torque?

Mounted the OBD2 thingie, connected the phone succesfully via bluetooth to the adapter.
After opening Torque it seems to be connecting and starts searching for protocols, but it keep cycling through a sequence of protocols but it never find one that works.

Tried it with or without the engine running and tried other apps, without any results.
Also tried the ELM327 adapter on a other car (VW) and there it's working instantly.

Any Ideas?

I went into the settings and there was a tab that had to do with what type of device your using and then it gave a message what to do when you set it to Bluetooth and make sure you have it pushed all the way in. First time I didn't actually get down and put it in so I didn't have it all the way in.
rjgough95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:22 AM   #4
Yrr

Drives: Toyota GT86
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgough95 View Post
I went into the settings and there was a tab that had to do with what type of device your using and then it gave a message what to do when you set it to Bluetooth and make sure you have it pushed all the way in. First time I didn't actually get down and put it in so I didn't have it all the way in.
Thanks rjgough95, apparently I didn't put in the device all the way in the connector correctly. Shame on me
Can't figure out what I did wrong before but I'm glad it's working now.
Yrr is offline   Reply With Quote