follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge

Off-Topic Lounge For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2020, 10:55 AM   #10879
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,693
Thanks: 4,847
Thanked 4,372 Times in 2,105 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
Yeah my 1974 Lincoln Mark IV has it too. I still haven't figured out where the horn is.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NoHaveMSG For This Useful Post:
el-guapin (09-26-2020), p1l0t (09-20-2020), soundman98 (09-20-2020), Spuds (09-20-2020)
Old 09-20-2020, 11:11 AM   #10880
p1l0t
Senior Member
 
p1l0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Location: West Hartford, CT
Posts: 6,895
Thanks: 17,313
Thanked 7,219 Times in 3,803 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
It's also almost 6k lbs and 19+ft long so I don't really have to communicate anything lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
p1l0t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
humfrz (09-20-2020), NoHaveMSG (09-20-2020), Spuds (09-20-2020)
Old 09-20-2020, 03:25 PM   #10881
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 61,646
Thanks: 54,533
Thanked 90,168 Times in 39,834 Posts
Mentioned: 2242 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
Yeah my 1974 Lincoln Mark IV has it too. I still haven't figured out where the horn is.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I have little doubt you are joking but just in case...
Either side of the crossbar in the steering wheel. If that doesn't work it is broked.

__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:38 PM   #10882
soundman98
threadwrecker
 
soundman98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: '14 brz limited
Location: chicagolandia
Posts: 5,083
Thanks: 12,737
Thanked 5,270 Times in 2,781 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard600 View Post
Dimmer switch.
fun fact, my drivers-ed book in 2003 beat it into us how to use that switch. there was an entire section on the test for proper high beam etiquette where the only right answer was "the foot switch"

so i know what it does, how it works, and where it is, but never drove a car with one...
__________________
my '14 brz limited "the return to normal" (or is it?)
led mods-10%(planning/designing/sitting on hands)audio mods-99%(done is never done)

hidplanet build log
soundman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soundman98 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (09-21-2020), humfrz (09-20-2020), Spuds (09-20-2020)
Old 09-20-2020, 04:10 PM   #10883
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 26,808
Thanks: 22,694
Thanked 25,562 Times in 13,896 Posts
Mentioned: 614 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
fun fact, my drivers-ed book in 2003 beat it into us how to use that switch. there was an entire section on the test for proper high beam etiquette where the only right answer was "the foot switch"

so i know what it does, how it works, and where it is, but never drove a car with one...
Well, that dates you ...... or doesn't -
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (09-20-2020)
Old 09-20-2020, 06:37 PM   #10884
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 61,646
Thanks: 54,533
Thanked 90,168 Times in 39,834 Posts
Mentioned: 2242 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
fun fact, my drivers-ed book in 2003 beat it into us how to use that switch. there was an entire section on the test for proper high beam etiquette where the only right answer was "the foot switch"

so i know what it does, how it works, and where it is, but never drove a car with one...
??????

__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (09-20-2020)
Old 09-20-2020, 08:17 PM   #10885
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 61,646
Thanks: 54,533
Thanked 90,168 Times in 39,834 Posts
Mentioned: 2242 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
ls1ac (09-20-2020), MICHAEL450f (09-22-2020), NoHaveMSG (09-20-2020), p1l0t (09-20-2020), Spuds (09-20-2020), Ultramaroon (09-30-2020)
Old 09-20-2020, 08:38 PM   #10886
ls1ac
Senior Member
 
ls1ac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: BRZ, Noble M400, AC-LS7,1956 AC
Location: Wi/Fl
Posts: 856
Thanks: 244
Thanked 665 Times in 367 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I will bet that a foot starter switch would make a great theft deterrent.
ls1ac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ls1ac For This Useful Post:
humfrz (09-20-2020), WildCard600 (09-20-2020)
Old 09-20-2020, 09:14 PM   #10887
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 26,808
Thanks: 22,694
Thanked 25,562 Times in 13,896 Posts
Mentioned: 614 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1ac View Post
I will bet that a foot starter switch would make a great theft deterrent.
Or it could backfire -

Back on the farm, I got to park my 1948 Chevrolet in the one car garage which was attached to the farmhouse. Why? Because the newer cars wouldn't fit because they were too long. Mine would barely fit by pulling under an overhang in the garage.

Now, my pristine chevy had a complete, pristine grill. One fine day my mother asked me if it was OK to use my car to drive into town. Of course, I said OK. She got behind the wheel and I opened the garage doors for her.

I heard the starter engage then a LOUD crash.

Of course my finely tuned car started right up and lurched forward smashing the grill into the shelf, that was just above the bumper guards.

My mother had pushed the floor starter, but hadn't pushed in the clutch first and the car was in gear. -

Oh, well, she felt really bad. The next day I went to the junk yard and got two headlights and rims and some grill pieces .... but, never did find another vertical grill piece.

THE END
Attached Images
 
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Spuds (09-20-2020)
Old 09-20-2020, 09:22 PM   #10888
WildCard600
Senior Member
 
WildCard600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Drives: 2020 86
Location: Pepperidge Farm
Posts: 292
Thanks: 447
Thanked 478 Times in 188 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Or it could backfire -

Back on the farm, I got to park my 1948 Chevrolet in the one car garage which was attached to the farmhouse. Why? Because the newer cars wouldn't fit because they were too long. Mine would barely fit by pulling under an overhang in the garage.

Now, my pristine chevy had a complete, pristine grill. One fine day my mother asked me if it was OK to use my car to drive into town. Of course, I said OK. She got behind the wheel and I opened the garage doors for her.

I heard the starter engage then a LOUD crash.

Of course my finely tuned car started right up and lurched forward smashing the grill into the shelf, that was just above the bumper guards.

My mother had pushed the floor starter, but hadn't pushed in the clutch first and the car was in gear. -

Oh, well, she felt really bad. The next day I went to the junk yard and got two headlights and rims and some grill pieces .... but, never did find another vertical grill piece.

THE END

sadtrombone.mp3

WildCard600 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WildCard600 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (09-20-2020)
Old 09-20-2020, 10:19 PM   #10889
p1l0t
Senior Member
 
p1l0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Location: West Hartford, CT
Posts: 6,895
Thanks: 17,313
Thanked 7,219 Times in 3,803 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I have little doubt you are joking but just in case...

Either side of the crossbar in the steering wheel. If that doesn't work it is broked.



broked

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
p1l0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:08 AM   #10890
Stephen W.
Senior Member
 
Stephen W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 2018 CBS BRZ tS
Location: Quinte West Ontario
Posts: 621
Thanks: 234
Thanked 832 Times in 368 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
That should read Billy Gibstop.


And speaking of ZZ Top... I always thought Frank Beard should change his name to Frank Stubble as that's all he's ever had.


Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephen W. For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (09-21-2020), Tcoat (09-21-2020), WildCard600 (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 10:45 AM   #10891
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 61,646
Thanks: 54,533
Thanked 90,168 Times in 39,834 Posts
Mentioned: 2242 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
That should read Billy Gibstop.


And speaking of ZZ Top... I always thought Frank Beard should change his name to Frank Stubble as that's all he's ever had.

__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (09-21-2020)
Old 09-25-2020, 09:40 AM   #10892
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 61,646
Thanks: 54,533
Thanked 90,168 Times in 39,834 Posts
Mentioned: 2242 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Atropine (09-25-2020), new2subaru (09-25-2020), NoHaveMSG (09-25-2020), soundman98 (09-25-2020), Spuds (09-25-2020), Ultramaroon (09-30-2020), WildCard600 (09-25-2020), x808drifter (09-25-2020)
Reply

Tags
:popcorn:, @go_a_way1, @mistersheep, add a crazy tag!, ass or gtfo, boobs or gtfo, brz series.poo, dank memes, faps always fappin, funny, go_a_way1 was here, meme, meme or gtfo, moogoestheduck, more like goaway phag, no homo, smug wendy

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Formula 1 thread ATL BRZ Off-Topic Lounge 2316 Yesterday 06:22 PM
Official What are you listening to thread? TRDMAN Off-Topic Lounge 1848 10-23-2020 07:57 AM
Official San Antonio , TX Thread!! track_warrior Southwest 3762 03-28-2019 02:03 PM
Meme Thread... because i have a sense of humor Exhaust Off-Topic Lounge 14 04-14-2012 09:51 AM
Official MMA Thread zigzagz94 Off-Topic Lounge 11 12-15-2009 10:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.