follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 03-29-2022, 02:20 PM   #1387
Falken86

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ '22 ISM BRZ Ordered
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by euroshowoff View Post
Anyone order later December, early January and get their VIN yet? I was hoping 3 months would get me my VIN but still nothing.
I ordered Dec. 18th and I asked last week for an update. Still nothing but he said he has an order coming a month early so there is hope.
Falken86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 03:24 PM   #1388
shlby gt

Drives: 2022 Subaru BRZ Limited
Ordered on Dec. 4th. Have had my VIN for almost a month. Car was released from the factory on March 18th, and scheduled to arrive at the dealer on April 4th.
shlby gt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shlby gt For This Useful Post:
AK2112 (03-29-2022)
Old 03-29-2022, 05:52 PM   #1389
pinname04

Drives: 2022 bra
I received my VIN last nite. On mysubaru where do I find the info like: coming to life, inspection, train and whatnot?
pinname04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 08:14 PM   #1390
SlowTime

Drives: 2009 MX-5
Quote:
Anyone order later December, early January and get their VIN yet? I was hoping 3 months would get me my VIN but still nothing.
Ordered 12/28. No VIN yet. Called two weeks ago, still expected sometime in May. No updates.
SlowTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 08:41 PM   #1391
Crusader

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Quote:
Ordered December 27th with an estimated arrival in July. Dealer expects that the VIN might show up in May.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 12:39 AM   #1392
Up4speed

Drives: 2023 BRZ Limited
Quote:
I ordered January 6th, and STILL no VIN#. Not even an order# or estimated delivery date! Nothing! NADA!
I'm starting to wonder if they even placed the order? This is really frustrating.
Who knows, I may wind up getting an early 2023 model at this point
Up4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 08:28 AM   #1393
euroshowoff

Drives: 2015 Tacoma
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up4speed View Post
I ordered January 6th, and STILL no VIN#. Not even an order# or estimated delivery date! Nothing! NADA!
I'm starting to wonder if they even placed the order? This is really frustrating.
Who knows, I may wind up getting an early 2023 model at this point
Did you check your spam folder? You should have definitely gotten a VON (vehicle order number) by Subaru a few days after putting a deposit down. Heck they even sent me a link to donate to a charity of my choice.

Old: 2013 Arengto FR-S
Current: 2015 Tacoma/2020 Sequoia Pro
Future: 2022 CWP Limited Est Delivery 06/22
euroshowoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 09:26 AM   #1394
rBobby

Drives: 2022 BRZ
I ordered in November and got a surprise call that my car came in today. I only had 1 day notice from VIN to pickup. My dealer was close enough to port where it did not have to wait for a train, so I think that helped. I also didn't have any port installed options. I should pick it up after work today!
rBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rBobby For This Useful Post:
AK2112 (03-30-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 10:43 AM   #1395
greengs

Drives: 2022 BRZ, 2022 Tacoma Pro
Walked in looking for an Outback, they didn't have one, but dealer had a BRZ on the showroom floor. So I walked out with that instead.
Attached Images

greengs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to greengs For This Useful Post:
Dzmitry (03-31-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 10:46 AM   #1396
CincyJohn

Drives: 2022 MT Neptune GR86 Prem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengs View Post
Walked in looking for an Outback, they didn't have one, but dealer had a BRZ on the showroom floor. So I walked out with that instead.
Interesting... Need more to the story - appears to be Limited from the wheels. Manual or AT? Big difference in the utility of an Outback v. a BRZ - assuming there is a significant other involved, what did they say? How long and where was it sitting? Did you pay sticker? Inquiring minds...
CincyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:03 AM   #1397
greengs

Drives: 2022 BRZ, 2022 Tacoma Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyJohn View Post
Interesting... Need more to the story - appears to be Limited from the wheels. Manual or AT? Big difference in the utility of an Outback v. a BRZ - assuming there is a significant other involved, what did they say? How long and where was it sitting? Did you pay sticker? Inquiring minds...
It's sport tech trim up here, which is the limited in USA I believe?

Long story, but needed a car to get to work. Wanted to order base outback but they aren't getting any more base ones for this model year. He had this in the showroom with 6 miles on it, assembled 10/21. Asked what the deal was and it is the "wrong" transmission, likely why they had it still. I said what the hell, could be fun either way for the summer so signed up for a short lease. Wife is supportive, we do have a 7 seater family SUV as well.

I think this is my 6th or 7th Subaru, had a couple WRXs, an STI, regular impreza from this dealer..so have a good relationship with manager and signed up for couple hundred $ under MSRP.
greengs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:22 AM   #1398
shlby gt

Drives: 2022 Subaru BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinname04 View Post
I received my VIN last nite. On mysubaru where do I find the info like: coming to life, inspection, train and whatnot?
My car is scheduled to arrive next week. I've checked mysubaru almost every day, and there are still only two entries in Order Status: 1. The date they acknowledged my order (12/5), and 2. The date they assigned the VIN (2/12).
If you want more updates, you need to talk to your dealer. They have access to "Vehicle Order Status" updates. This will have various dates such as Scheduled Production Date, Release Date (date leaves factory), Rail Date, Truck Date, and Delivery Date.
shlby gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 03:44 PM   #1399
Flarpswitch

Drives: 2022 BRZ Ltd, 2019 Ascent
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengs View Post
It's sport tech trim up here, which is the limited in USA I believe?

Long story, but needed a car to get to work. Wanted to order base outback but they aren't getting any more base ones for this model year. He had this in the showroom with 6 miles on it, assembled 10/21. Asked what the deal was and it is the "wrong" transmission, likely why they had it still. I said what the hell, could be fun either way for the summer so signed up for a short lease. Wife is supportive, we do have a 7 seater family SUV as well.

I think this is my 6th or 7th Subaru, had a couple WRXs, an STI, regular impreza from this dealer..so have a good relationship with manager and signed up for couple hundred $ under MSRP.
If you mean "wrong" transmission being the automatic, you may change your mind after you get past the first 1,000 Miles (1,600 km). If you went to get an Outback, then going to the track was not the first thing on your mind. Once the engine is broken in, you can exploit the Sport and Track modes in auto and/or manual shift. You just might find that having some more civilized refinements built in is not that much of a compromise.

Seeing a BRZ orphaned on a lot has to be a rare sight. In April 2018 I went to see a 2017 BRZ (built 10/17) in stock and ten minutes later I wrote a check for it. I waited five years to get one due to a combination of circumstances, but I wasn't going to wait a minute longer. Never an ounce of regret. I ordered the 2022 BRZ on 11/30/21, it was built 01/22 and was delivered 03/23/22. I am only a 90 minute truck transport drive from the Vancouver, Washington port where incidentally, the Subaru cars from the Indiana plant arrive by train. A couple of days ago I met a guy when I stopped by the hardware store to get license plate screws. He asked me about my BRZ and told me that he put in a request for a GR86 back last October. He said that there has been not a peep out of Toyota, but one dealer that he had contacted earlier called him that they could get one, but it was way off from what he wanted so he passed that up. How sad it that?
Flarpswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 01:40 AM   #1400
Up4speed

Drives: 2023 BRZ Limited
Quote:
Did you check your spam folder? You should have definitely gotten a VON (vehicle order number) by Subaru a few days after putting a deposit down. Heck they even sent me a link to donate to a charity of my choice.
Nope nothing was sent to me. I even asked the dealership manager. The only thing he said was that the order was accepted, but no info on it. He also explained something along the lines, that the people getting the order numbers right away are orders where the dealer places orders directly to Subaru of America. Whereas, his dealership goes through a broker, and SOA has nothing to do with the order, hence why I also got zero info when I contacted SOA also. I have no idea if this is true or not, but until proven otherwise, I have no choice but to believe him.
It's very frustrating to not know anything while almost 3 months into the order process. If I knew how that dealership worked, I would have just gone to a dealership that works directly with SOA. At this point, I just have to hope that the car shows up one day by surprise. If not, I have to also hope that I'm one of the first with a 2023 model. Unfortunately, they stopped accepting orders for BRZ's on the same day that my order got "accepted" (I placed the order for 2 BRZ's (mine and my brother's) about a week before that).
I am going to keep my eye on the dealership, and if I see that they deliver another BRZ before mine (I was next on the list that they showed me), I'm going to flip out.

I'm suspicious that they are holding my order because they wanted $3,000 over MSRP, and had a lot of apprehension about giving me the car for MSRP. so I started to think that they are holding my order in their back pocket, while selling their allocation for now at above MSRP. Once the market cools off and they can't get above MSRP, then they put my order in. I really hope that I am wrong since I buy a lot of cars, and bought 2 last year from their sister BMW dealership. If they did that to me, not only did they lose me as a customer, but they will lose a lot of my friends as well. Additionally, I also love to share my stories on car related forums (both positive, and negative). Keeping fingers crossed for now

Last edited by Up4speed; 03-31-2022 at 01:51 AM.
Up4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Up4speed For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (04-08-2022)