follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #57
Enemies

Drives: '13 SWP Sport-Tech (Limited)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
Maybe it's a stupid question but have you tried running the VIN through Subaru's Owner Resoirce Center (http://www.subaru.com/owners/resourc...als/index.html) to see if any other documentation or another version of the owners manual has been posted?
The VIN entered is not a valid VIN or could not be found in the Subaru systems.
Please try again or contact Subaru Customer Service with questions.
Enemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #58
Enemies

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateless View Post
My dealer sent me the above confirmation on Mar 21, but so far no VIN. That's great news if some people are getting VINs already. My dealer is getting 3 and I'm first on the list. The dealer submitted the preorder Feb 23. I think the rep had said he figured April for confirmed pricing and May for arrival.
I hope you're right about the May arrival. I'm sure I'll get mine in the first batch. I get the feeling my dealer is totally on top of things though. He seems to be pretty certain the cars won't be released from port until June. Man, I would love him to be wrong.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #59
stateless
Double Dragon

Drives: 2013 6MT BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemies View Post
I hope you're right about the May arrival. I'm sure I'll get mine in the first batch. I get the feeling my dealer is totally on top of things though. He seems to be pretty certain the cars won't be released from port until June. Man, I would love him to be wrong.
I hope so too!
stateless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #60
Enemies

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Vehicle...baru/VIN_Codes

JF1ZCAC18D16002xx

For people who care, I looked up what the VIN means. And here goes.

JF1 is the Subaru WMI. It stands for Japan -> Fuji Heavy Industries -> Passenger Vehicle

Z is for the Line Type.

C is for the Body Style.

A is for Engine Type.

C is for the Model.

1 is for the Restraint Type. 1 means no passive restraint.

8 is the Check Digit.

D is the Model year.

1 is the Assembly Plant and Transmission Type. Oddly enough on that website it's supposed to mean FWD 5MT from SIA in Lafayette, Indiana.

6002xx is the Vehicle Production Sequence.

Apparently 610001 and after is the start of the Legacy Station Wagon Outback so a little odd to start BRZ's at 600001.

It is going to be interesting to get more VIN's posted so we can see how the numbers differ with Premium/Premier/Limited/Sport Tech/Transmission Types/Colours, etc.

I wonder how many "You typed Colors wrong." are going through people's brains right now.

Also, I ordered Satin White Pearl 6MT Sport Tech (Limited) so people don't need to go back and look.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #61
zex

Drives: Subaru WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzahead20 View Post
I was going to go to Markham Subaru too but they weren't willing to do a refundable deposit and Richmond Hill was willing so I went there instead. I was surprised by how ghetto the dealership was too haha, but it wasn't muddy when I was there....??
How much did you put down for you deposit? We (and other ppl in the GTA) should keep in touch when we go negotiate prices.
Yea I put down $1000 non refundable. But my insurance guy told me that they arnt allowed to do non refundable and if I really needed to I could get it back.
zex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #62
zex

Drives: Subaru WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Also, I emailed my dealer today about VINs and stuff and he told me he hasn't had any information about those things but what he did tell me was that my car was scheduled to be built April. So that makes me really excited and nervous.. I hope I made the cut for the 1st batch. Also he told me Canada was to receive their shipment "a little later" than that of the States.
zex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #63
dookie11

Drives: Girls crazy with his booty
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Hey all,

Just got an email from SOA:

---------------
Hello xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Subaru of America, Inc. We appreciate your interest in our vehicles.

I do see your order in the system for the BRZ. Right now there is very high demand for the BRZ. Currently your order status is WAIT LIST and when a BRZ becomes available they will fulfill your order.

We will have more information in the upcoming weeks. Should you need further assistance please feel free to contact me at 1-800-782-2783.

Sincerely,
Sean Ross
Subaru of America, Inc.
Customer Dealer Services

------------

Supposedly I'm #10 on the Irvine Group buy, so not sure how this is gonna translate in terms of my getting the car in May/June. Did anyone else get an email like this?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #64
Enemies

#10 of how many for your dealership? That's probably your best bet in knowing about when you should expect your vehicle.