follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Which jab have you had?
Pfizer 53 51.96%
Moderna 27 26.47%
Johnson & Johnson 6 5.88%
AstraZeneca 4 3.92%
Novavax 0 0%
Sputnik 1 0.98%
Convidecia 0 0%
Homebrew with a big dose of something special 11 10.78%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 06:51 PM   #1989
Lantanafrs2

Drives: 2013 frs red
Thanked 3,088 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
You can't go from recommending no masks to recommending 2 masks without being full of shit. Hes enjoying his time in the spotlight. I dont care why he lied. Hes accountable regardless of how friendly and caring his demeanor
The Following User Says Thank You to Lantanafrs2 For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 06:58 PM   #1990
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantanafrs2 View Post
You can't go from recommending no masks to recommending 2 masks without being full of shit. Hes enjoying his time in the spotlight. I dont care why he lied. Hes accountable regardless of how friendly and caring his demeanor
So then who do you suggest, in your great wisdom, to replace Fauci? I have a feeling you would still disagree with them until they spouted what YOU want to hear.

That being said, I don't know why he started suggesting 2 masks, even if you're vaccinated. I do believe much of that (and wearing one outdoors unless it's very populated) is an overreaction or overly cautious. But then again, every doctor I've ever known as been that way. Shit, I'm like that with fitness. But I could be wrong. Point is, science changes, the more you know, the more changes. A great example is Delicious Tuning dropping the pops and bangs tune! ba dum tss!

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Spuds (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 07:03 PM   #1991
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
A lie is a lie. Hes bad he needs to go
Edit:. Apologies, I think you answered some of this before I asked.

Interesting opinion. I am going to number these just so things don't get too confusing for me.

1. Please explain the lie in factual statements. What did he know that he specifically lied about? How do you know that he knew said information and lied about it?

In your opinion:
2. Why does any lie make some person bad? Is there ever a reason to lie for the greater good?

3. Why does he need to go? What level of punishment would be appropriate? Are you taking into account his exceptional record of service, which includes the following:

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/about/anthony-s-fauci-md-bio
Quote:
Dr. Fauci was appointed director of NIAID in 1984. He oversees an extensive portfolio of basic and applied research to prevent, diagnose, and treat established infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS, respiratory infections, diarrheal diseases, tuberculosis and malaria as well as emerging diseases such as Ebola and Zika. NIAID also supports research on transplantation and immune-related illnesses, including autoimmune disorders, asthma and allergies. The NIAID budget for fiscal year 2021 is an estimated $6.1 billion.

Dr. Fauci has advised seven presidents on HIV/AIDS and many other domestic and global health issues. He was one of the principal architects of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a program that has saved millions of lives throughout the developing world.

Dr. Fauci also is the longtime chief of the Laboratory of Immunoregulation. He has made many contributions to basic and clinical research on the pathogenesis and treatment of immune-mediated and infectious diseases. He helped pioneer the field of human immunoregulation by making important basic scientific observations that underpin the current understanding of the regulation of the human immune response. In addition, Dr. Fauci is widely recognized for delineating the precise ways that immunosuppressive agents modulate the human immune response. He developed effective therapies for formerly fatal inflammatory and immune-mediated diseases such as polyarteritis nodosa, granulomatosis with polyangiitis (formerly Wegener's granulomatosis), and lymphomatoid granulomatosis. A 1985 Stanford University Arthritis Center Survey of the American Rheumatism Association membership ranked Dr. Fauci’s work on the treatment of polyarteritis nodosa and granulomatosis with polyangiitis among the most important advances in patient management in rheumatology over the previous 20 years.

Dr. Fauci has made seminal contributions to the understanding of how HIV destroys the body's defenses leading to its susceptibility to deadly infections. Further, he has been instrumental in developing treatments that enable people with HIV to live long and active lives. He continues to devote much of his research to the immunopathogenic mechanisms of HIV infection and the scope of the body's immune responses to HIV.

In a 2020 analysis of Google Scholar citations, Dr. Fauci ranked as the 32nd most-cited living researcher. According to the Web of Science, Dr. Fauci ranked 9th out of 2.5 million authors in the field of immunology by total citation count between 1980 and January 2021. During the same period, he ranked 20th out of 2.4 million authors in the field of research & experimental medicine, and 132th out of 992,000 authors in the field of general & internal medicine.

Dr. Fauci has delivered major lectures all over the world and is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards, including the Presidential Medal of Freedom (the highest honor given to a civilian by the President of the United States), the National Medal of Science, the George M. Kober Medal of the Association of American Physicians, the Mary Woodard Lasker Award for Public Service, the Albany Medical Center Prize in Medicine and Biomedical Research, the Robert Koch Gold Medal, the Prince Mahidol Award, and the Canada Gairdner Global Health Award. He also has received 45 honorary doctoral degrees from universities in the United States and abroad.

Dr. Fauci is a member of the National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Medicine, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and the American Philosophical Society, as well as other professional societies including the American College of Physicians, the American Society for Clinical Investigation, the Association of American Physicians, the Infectious Diseases Society of America, the American Association of Immunologists, and the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. He serves on the editorial boards of many scientific journals and as an author, coauthor, or editor of more than 1,300 scientific publications, including several textbooks.

Last edited by Spuds; 04-27-2021 at 09:01 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
Subsonic (04-28-2021), weederr33 (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 08:14 PM   #1992
cjd

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Thanked 2,928 Times in 1,714 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Garage
Lest we forget economics also plays a role in all these recommendations. No, not the economy, which is being damaged by all the deniers and refusers. Actual economics.
Trying to create carefully shaded recommendations fails because the rules are too complex. Keep it simple, with the fewest possible rules, and things work much much better for everyone.
Do a few people end up wearing masks that don't need to? Yes. But the result is everyone gets to no masks faster.
Of course, those refusing to play are ruining the game for themselves as much or more than for anyone else.
spike021 (04-27-2021), Spuds (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 09:23 PM   #1993
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
Lest we forget economics also plays a role in all these recommendations. No, not the economy, which is being damaged by all the deniers and refusers. Actual economics.
Trying to create carefully shaded recommendations fails because the rules are too complex. Keep it simple, with the fewest possible rules, and things work much much better for everyone.
Do a few people end up wearing masks that don't need to? Yes. But the result is everyone gets to no masks faster.
Of course, those refusing to play are ruining the game for themselves as much or more than for anyone else.
I feel like there's an analogy somewhere in there to the run on toilet paper at the beginning of this...
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage

Last edited by spike021; 04-27-2021 at 09:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
Spuds (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 10:05 PM   #1994
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
You can certainly change your recommendation if the situation changes as much as it did between February and April.

Since we are conjecturing as to his state of mind...

Considering he and his family have received threats of violence I am sure he really wishes he wasn't in the spotlight. In that case, I'm sure he absolutely hates having to change his recommendation based on new information.

Additionally, he doesn't need this job. I am fairly certain he is going to retire soon anyway. The only thing resigning now would do would be to damage the reputation of the NIAID and cause his subordinates more trouble.
Old 04-27-2021, 11:19 PM   #1995
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
I mean, it's s pay-to-play-world, but regardless doesn't mean you want doctors deciding what your rights are... (becaude they'll inject your rights into your fucking arm).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 11:21 PM   #1996
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
fauci has become the US scapegoat for this entire thing.

we as a country solved polio, and smallpox decades ago. we've got treatments that are proven to work, and the mass consensus among the majority is that these things work, and are a good thing. so much so, it's very typical for newborn babies to receive those shots with all but a few denying the treatment.

here's what smallpox looked like. we can see exactly when the vaccine took effect, but note that it was a serious problem for almost 80 years per this chart. other charts show it had an effect on population well before that.

covid19 is brand new. the unwashed masses of the public are suddenly thrust into the forefront of medicine at this point, following the experts as they make discoveries, both good, and bad, for the very first time. everyone's gotten used to experts knowing everything, but no one seems to acknowledge how those experts came to know anything. we are seeing how they developed their knowledge first-hand with covid19.

things are going to change as there becomes more data to compile, contrast, and compare. welcome to how we as a society learn anything. if you don't like being a lab rat, i hear there's flights leaving for mars soon...
cjd (04-28-2021), Dadhawk (04-28-2021), Kaotic Lazagna (04-28-2021), p1l0t (04-28-2021), Spuds (04-28-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 11:22 PM   #1997
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
A lie is a lie. Hes bad he needs to go
So everyone in a position of authority, no matter who they are, no matter the position they hold, who makes a false or misleading statement is unfit to serve in that capacity and should be removed from that position?
Old 04-27-2021, 11:23 PM   #1998
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
I mean, it's s pay-to-play-world, but regardless doesn't mean you want doctors deciding what your rights are... (becaude they'll inject your rights into your fucking arm).

Honestly when I read something like this it makes me think you’ve had a terrible, unlawful thing happen to you caused by doctors.

Such that you’ll swear off using medicines ever again.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
The Following User Says Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (04-28-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 11:25 PM   #1999
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post

Nah. The people you don't want deciding your rights are corporate-backed individuals who will say the dumbest shit just to stay in office. Or selling their soul to appease a crowd who knows absolutely nothing. That's whose deciding your rights. I'll take a doctor to decide over some suit who only looks out to keep their paycheck fat.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (04-28-2021), Spuds (04-28-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 11:40 PM   #2000
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
A lot of this yakking about rights is BS. Far too many people convince themselves that the fact that they want to do something or don't want to do something else gives them a deity given "right" to do exactly as they please. That is selfish and infantile bullshit.
bcj (04-28-2021), Kaotic Lazagna (04-28-2021), soundman98 (04-28-2021), Spuds (04-28-2021), Ultramaroon (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 11:50 PM   #2001
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Spaulding View Post
A lot of this yakking about rights is BS. Far too many people convince themselves that the fact that they want to do something or don't want to do something else gives them a deity given "right" to do exactly as they please. That is selfish and infantile bullshit.
Lmao, man the amount of garbage I've heard people claim "it's their right" over has got me thinking they need to go back over basic Government class.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
bcj (04-28-2021), Capt Spaulding (04-28-2021), Kaotic Lazagna (04-28-2021), Spuds (04-28-2021)
Old 04-28-2021, 12:01 AM   #2002
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
it's my right to eat cookies for breakfast!
p1l0t (04-28-2021)
Closed Thread

Tags
eagle5 got sandy vag, tread harder daddy, tylerlieberman is a cuck