follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 11-07-2021, 05:05 PM   #71
ChieriOgata

Drives: 19 Tesla Model 3, ordering GR86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowImaBeliever View Post
But it includes one free year of "minor maintenance"!
Also includes (assuming lifetime) Free re-apply of protection (probably just some spray and wipe) Very good deal lol
ChieriOgata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 05:08 PM   #72
ChieriOgata

Drives: 19 Tesla Model 3, ordering GR86
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceLane174 View Post
What the hell could minor maintence mean? Oil changes? If so then that is at most 200 dollars. Wow.
At most oil change, tire rotation with multi-point inspection which sticker price around 80-200 but with mail/email coupon, it is usually 50-100

Not to mention that many dealers offer FREE 1st oil change
ChieriOgata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 04:52 PM   #73
Flarpswitch

Drives: 2022 BRZ Ltd, 2019 Ascent
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
So, just for argument sake, let's say someone just has to have the new car and pays as much as $15,000 over MSRP. Does the dealer share that with SOA? I didn't think so. The MSRP really has not gone up that much since I acquired my 2017 in April 2018. The MSRP was around $31,000 and I paid $26,700. The 2022 build I put together is about $34,000 and the first quote that I got was $37,000. I was offered as much as $26,300 for my 2017. All this rounding off the numbers and keeping the new and used deals separate. How much do I like the new car over the one I have? If I could do it for $10,000 out of pocket or less I would would do it. There is something about the current market that makes me just want to sit on my hands and do nothing. To tell the truth, I could write a check for a new BRZ, one in each color just so I don't have to decide on that option. Friends say what about that 911 Turbo S you were looking at? I don't know; maybe it is my blue-collar upbringing that tells me that if an inexpensive sports car gets the job done, all the rest is wasted on me. 50 years ago, the best I could do is be the second owner of a 50's or 60's English sports car. I have driven lots of cars and the BRZ/86 is the most fun per dollar that I can think of. If I got the Porsche, I would have a panic attack worrying about getting T-Boned by a shopping cart when I go to the grocery. I think I will sit back and see where this goes. I'm not paying a penny more than MSRP even though I can. Maybe that is one of the reasons I have a few bucks to spend on fun stuff. In 2018, I bought an Ascent and a BRZ and saved close to $9,000 by careful shopping. The previous year I saved about $40,000 on a new RV just by going a measly 50 miles out of my way. Nope. Not a penny more than MSRP. Going out and washing my BRZ and putting a shine on it.
Flarpswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 05:39 PM   #74
wilsynet

Drives: 2022 BRZ
I ordered a 2022 BRZ from Diablo Subaru of Walnut Creek in July. The car arrived this week and I went to pick it up today.

First of all, they got the order slightly wrong. Which they apologized for, but it was no big deal and I accepted their apology.

But then they added a $7000 market adjustment, which I thought was pretty unscrupulous given that I had already put a deposit down and that we had already agreed on the price months ago. Needless to say, I didn't buy a car today.

If they want to add a markup on a showroom car, that's up to them. But to accept my order, have me wait months, and then surprise me as I was taking delivery, that's pretty ugly. Diablo Subaru of Walnut Creek. Fully deserving of the phrase "stealership".

Last edited by wilsynet; 11-24-2021 at 05:52 PM.
wilsynet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wilsynet For This Useful Post:
glamcem (11-24-2021), groovymoonbear (11-25-2021), Lynxis (12-06-2021), McMCOO (11-24-2021), rawpoly (11-24-2021), soundman98 (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 07:14 PM   #75
Dazzle

Drives: 2022 brz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarpswitch View Post
So, just for argument sake, let's say someone just has to have the new car and pays as much as $15,000 over MSRP. Does the dealer share that with SOA? I didn't think so. The MSRP really has not gone up that much since I acquired my 2017 in April 2018. The MSRP was around $31,000 and I paid $26,700. The 2022 build I put together is about $34,000 and the first quote that I got was $37,000. I was offered as much as $26,300 for my 2017. All this rounding off the numbers and keeping the new and used deals separate. How much do I like the new car over the one I have? If I could do it for $10,000 out of pocket or less I would would do it. There is something about the current market that makes me just want to sit on my hands and do nothing. To tell the truth, I could write a check for a new BRZ, one in each color just so I don't have to decide on that option. Friends say what about that 911 Turbo S you were looking at? I don't know; maybe it is my blue-collar upbringing that tells me that if an inexpensive sports car gets the job done, all the rest is wasted on me. 50 years ago, the best I could do is be the second owner of a 50's or 60's English sports car. I have driven lots of cars and the BRZ/86 is the most fun per dollar that I can think of. If I got the Porsche, I would have a panic attack worrying about getting T-Boned by a shopping cart when I go to the grocery. I think I will sit back and see where this goes. I'm not paying a penny more than MSRP even though I can. Maybe that is one of the reasons I have a few bucks to spend on fun stuff. In 2018, I bought an Ascent and a BRZ and saved close to $9,000 by careful shopping. The previous year I saved about $40,000 on a new RV just by going a measly 50 miles out of my way. Nope. Not a penny more than MSRP. Going out and washing my BRZ and putting a shine on it.
Isn't it a bad idea to hold 60k in cash since the inflation has gone up about 6%?
Dazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 07:18 PM   #76
PhatFreshPrince

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited SBP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsynet View Post
I ordered a 2022 BRZ from Diablo Subaru of Walnut Creek in July. The car arrived this week and I went to pick it up today.

First of all, they got the order slightly wrong. Which they apologized for, but it was no big deal and I accepted their apology.

But then they added a $7000 market adjustment, which I thought was pretty unscrupulous given that I had already put a deposit down and that we had already agreed on the price months ago. Needless to say, I didn't buy a car today.

If they want to add a markup on a showroom car, that's up to them. But to accept my order, have me wait months, and then surprise me as I was taking delivery, that's pretty ugly. Diablo Subaru of Walnut Creek. Fully deserving of the phrase "stealership".
That is low of them. They think they got you where they want you. With no car and ordering one now somewhere else would be at least a 3-month wait.

I would call around to dealers and snag one of their monthly allotments. You may not get the color you want, but it would not be $7000 more. For $7000 more you could fly to many neighboring states and drive it home and make a fun trip out of it. Good luck!
PhatFreshPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 09:23 PM   #77
rawpoly

Drives: 22 WRB BRZ M6
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

That’s an extremely shitty thing to do. I am so sorry that happened to you.
I am kinda terrified this would happen to me too. I am at carlsen Redwood City.

Leave a yelp review and contact subaru corporate and raise a complaint.
rawpoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 09:40 PM   #78
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
A dealer who takes a deposit and then raises the price later is a **** dealer.

A dealer who just charges a lot is a business.

A person who pays an inflated price could be stupid or could be rich. They don't ruin a damn thing for anyone else. People who complain about it are just poor and should work harder.

If you get the newest, hottest, you get a good year of everybody saying, "Damn!" That can be worth a lot of money to a person.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EAGLE5 For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (11-25-2021), Tcoat (11-25-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 11:13 PM   #79
jdmwol2ks

Drives: 22' Model
Quote:

Wait I put an order in with them too and they acknowledged it would be at MSRP as well... luckily my car isn't suppose to arrive til next year. However hearing this leaves a bad taste in my mouth for them. Were you able to test drive it at least?

I am still heavily debating between GR86 and BRZ though, so who knows maybe i'll have my GR86 before the BRZ arrives haha

Last edited by jdmwol2ks; 11-25-2021 at 12:04 AM.
jdmwol2ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:27 PM   #80
rawpoly

Drives: 22 WRB BRZ M6
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
https://www.yelp.com/biz/diablo-suba...t_by=date_desc

Looks like its happened to quite a few people.
rawpoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:41 PM   #81
glamcem

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

Please share your experience on Yelp and Google reviews so that it would help future/potential buyers on their decisions.

I have been also in the market for a BRZ but one dealership asked $5k over MSRP and the other one asked $9k over MSRP on a Premium BRZ . I said "I like these cars but not willing to pay more than 30% markup over the MSRP" .. I have never paid more than MSRP in my life not that I can't afford it but I never felt that I needed any car that desperately. I think dealerships just want to take the advantage of the shortages ..I don't blame the people who end up getting Teslas or other EV cars because of the aging business model of the traditional "stealerships" ..soon, almost all the gas powered cars will be obsolete. I love driving my wife's Model 3..I wish there are more track venues with Superchargers haha.. soon I hope
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 03:09 AM   #82
wilsynet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmwol2ks View Post
Wait I put an order in with them too and they acknowledged it would be at MSRP as well... luckily my car isn't suppose to arrive til next year. However hearing this leaves a bad taste in my mouth for them. Were you able to test drive it at least?
I did take it out for a spin. Great car. But I didn’t visit the dealer today to have a test drive; I visited the dealer with the intention of taking delivery.

I wouldn’t count on them honoring the MSRP price for you, even if delivery isn’t until next year. If I were you, I’d find another dealer. These guys can’t be trusted.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilsynet For This Useful Post:
jdmwol2ks (11-25-2021), soundman98 (11-25-2021)
Old 11-25-2021, 03:16 AM   #83
wilsynet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawpoly View Post
https://www.yelp.com/biz/diablo-suba...t_by=date_desc

Looks like its happened to quite a few people.
I’m Wilson Y. And there’s also the terrible experiences of Sandy B, Gabriel C, and Bethany Z.

The Sandy B. experience sounds particularly horrible. They took her money and now won’t release the title.
The Following User Says Thank You to wilsynet For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (11-25-2021)
Old 11-25-2021, 12:12 PM   #84
Flarpswitch

Drives: 2022 BRZ Ltd, 2019 Ascent
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
Isn't it a bad idea to hold 60k in cash since the inflation has gone up about 6%?
Tell me about it. Try a couple of million in the bank and that is not counting cash in brokerage accounts because stuff gets called. Thanks to Tony Fauci getting the Chinese to make a killer virus, my pharmaceutical stocks are not doing too bad. Then Lunchbox Joe wants to kill me on capital gains, or at least the puppet masters do. In 1981, we bought a new house with a mortgage at 14.5% bought down from 17%. I had to work any overtime for a year or two to make it happen. I am not unfamiliar with crazy-ass economies. All that is only peripheral to the subject at hand: Do I want to get bent over by the car dealers who really haven't changed their business model? Let's just say things are back to normal and there is the usual number of new and used cars on the dealer's lot. I walk in and they agree to sell me the 2022 BRZ for the $34,100 MSRP and to make things simple, I will take the Guaranteed Trade In of $15,250. I would have to come up with $18,850 not counting the other costs. The best deals I have so far are $26,300 for the 2017 (insane) and $37,100 ($3,000 over MSRP)for the 2022. That's a difference of $10,800. I would go for that. If I get everyone to put a signature on paper, I'll post it here. Otherwise, if the dealers want to get into my pockets, the Salvation Army and the Union Gospel Mission are going to get more than usual this year.
Flarpswitch is offline   Reply With Quote